Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Answer this. What would make equally awesome educated black Americans not reject BLM?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 649

Answer this. What would make equally awesome educated black Americans not reject BLM?

Sep 11, 2020, 2:27 PM

Are we not as smart as others? Are we not as educated in history( I minored in it)? Are we stupid? Are you superior in your understanding of Marxism- more than we are? Are we like children who can’t think for themselves? Why would an American living, living, born, educated and staying here black person follow or condone or not tear down BLM? I am starting to feel that many on here won’t stop and trust that black Americans may actually be seeing and perceiving something that they can’t. I wonder why civil rights movements are suspect before they are prospective. These questions and what seems to be there answers from a number of tigernet posters smells of white privilege in whites being more american, having a greater stake and right to define what being an American is all about and determining if one group is more detrimental to the american way than the other, and even asking them to go to another country and leave if they don’t like it. What makes you higher management and the official voice for America to leave. No one unless they are First Nation was here outside of stealing the land from the First Nation, immigration or slavery. And most slaves were here and American before immigrants. Thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know what it is to be an equally awesome educated

Sep 11, 2020, 2:31 PM

black American.

I'm listening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome= made in the image and likeness of God..

Sep 11, 2020, 2:36 PM

It fits- but it was a typo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

amen***

Sep 11, 2020, 3:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson was a good education but...

Sep 11, 2020, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Awesome= made in the image and likeness of God.. ]

it was far from being in the image of God, Idunno.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was the question again?***

Sep 11, 2020, 3:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Look at title. Do yo see that question?

Sep 11, 2020, 3:24 PM

you're just trying to assert that I did more preaching and talking that asking a question. I get it. Do you see the question in the title?

Well, your poast actually included 7 other questions, so I

Sep 11, 2020, 4:12 PM

wasn't sure, but I want to answer your first one. I probably can't do it justice at the moment (at work), but in a nutshell, I think asserting that "Black Lives Matter" implies that some people don't already understand that, so I don't know what you are hoping to accomplish by repeating that over and over and basing your movement around a belief that almost everybody already holds. I would be happy to elaborate more later.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Because real racial equality is a noble pursuit and

Sep 11, 2020, 3:27 PM

it's acuality would be a great benefit to ALL Americans. That's my answer to the initial question, I'll have to think more about about the rest of it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because real racial equality is a noble pursuit and

Sep 11, 2020, 3:40 PM

How can you have real racial equality when one side always ends up using the race card if you disagree with the ones using it? I mean on anything. I am just asking a question nothing more or less.

You lack a sense of other.

Sep 11, 2020, 3:54 PM

A major impediment to racial equality is a majority of white Americans lacking a sense of other, as in most would recognize the problem, but is it really "their" problem. And if they don't think so, what it their motivation to help enact change?

You state that "the other side" "always" plays a race card. Absolutes are nonsense and you know this, but the fact that you see black Americans as "the other side" is a problem. They're as American as you, what side does that put you on? What side does that put me on? You need to cut that shid out.

If you recognize racial inequality as a problem, and you recognize why a group of Americans would want to change that, why would you let your false perception of an absolute be a hurdle to create positive change?

Re: Answer this. What would make equally awesome educated black Americans not reject BLM?

Sep 11, 2020, 3:38 PM

Why would smart people march and protest as part of BLM for a violent a sexual assault suspect who attacked the cops? I guess BLM needs to pick their battles better. It makes people question the cause. People question when people protest for 90 straight days etc etc. It doesn't go over well.

Is this a race issue?***

Sep 11, 2020, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you proofread your sermons better than you proofread

Sep 11, 2020, 3:44 PM

your posts

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha!! I get your point. Thanks. Wrote to quickly.

Sep 11, 2020, 5:01 PM

Nm

See what I mean? *too

Sep 11, 2020, 5:01 PM

Nm

I can't make this #### up***

Sep 11, 2020, 5:09 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Answer this. What would make equally awesome educated black Americans not reject BLM?

Sep 11, 2020, 9:30 PM

I don't know how old you are but I am from the first integrated classrooms in SC. I honestly thought we have moved past the black white thing but I guess I was wrong. I thought from my perspective the race relationship was going well until Obama got elected. When he got elected it all flared up again and maybe that is just me being white. It is what it is.

The fact that they, too, really want to see whites hanging

Sep 12, 2020, 8:02 AM

in the streets... until they are all dead? Since white people are a genetic defect of blackness?

Now, before you go all "angry" on me, I don't support any racist group.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Replies: 18
| visibility 649
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic