Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly B will be the starter this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

Kelly B will be the starter this season

May 21, 2018, 10:22 AM

Hunter Johnson clearly saw the writing on the wall for the future with Trevor Lawrence, but KB has the experience. Dont forget how far we made it last year with KB. TL is awesome and he is the future, but there is no way Dabo starts a true freshman over a experienced veteran who took the team to the playoff last season. Big game wins on the road, conference championship, playoff appearance. I know he didnt look good in the spring, and we all know that he struggles in the passing game here and there, but the guy is still a great leader and QB. His passing will improve some, but why does it matter how he does it as long as we win. I like the thought of TL as the starter as much as anyone, and he will be soon enough, but lets not get ahead of ourselves and throw KB to the wind. At the end of the day winning is the goal. Go Tigers!

"Dont sweat the petty stuff, and dont pet the sweaty stuff."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I swear I saw that same cat a minute ago.***

May 21, 2018, 10:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

There must be a glitch in the Matrix***

May 21, 2018, 11:20 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I swear I saw that same cat a minute ago.***

May 21, 2018, 9:49 PM [ in reply to I swear I saw that same cat a minute ago.*** ]

Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season

May 21, 2018, 10:26 AM

That will cost us the national title.

Lol***

May 21, 2018, 10:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 21, 2018, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

This isn't a thread about wimmenz basketball .

DB23

May 21, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

How does this cost the coots a National Title? I got the confuse? ??

May 21, 2018, 11:24 AM

No coot but Kelly has regressed in passing. He’s not a good quarterback.

May 21, 2018, 1:09 PM

You 100% are a coot and you are still not fooling anyone.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Tell 'em coot

May 21, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

IMHO U R right about KellyB starting...

May 21, 2018, 10:47 AM

and time will tell how long. It’s all going to work out in Clemson’s favor..with many wins & various Championships!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell 'em coot

May 21, 2018, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Tell 'em coot ]

Will you children stop all the "coot" talk? Your stick is getting very old and you need a new one. You're a bunch of punks. Talk football for Christ's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tell 'em coot

May 21, 2018, 7:02 PM

Hahahahahahahaha, one coot defending another. That's rich.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 10:54 AM

If Kelly is indeed the starter - kiss the national championship goodbye!!!!!

Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season. IF

May 21, 2018, 10:56 AM

All the others transfer!

May 21, 2018, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

Yes because a QB that went 12-1 when playing the whole game his first year starting can surely not improve on that.

May 21, 2018, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

Another great post from diamond gurl

May 21, 2018, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

He’ll start for a game or two but will be replaced as soon as he struggles. It will be the same scenario as Watson’s emergence when Stout was deemed the starter. Mark it down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 11:13 AM

OP is going to be real surprised come game 1 with that thinking

KB starting this year really effing sucks!***

May 21, 2018, 11:23 AM

yup..we will struggle to

May 21, 2018, 11:59 AM

beat teams we should beat handedly then lose to good teams

May 21, 2018, 12:05 PM

It could also mean TL is the starter and he sees no reason to stick around for that. It could be what u said, it could be anything. I wish him the best. This is the most understandable transfer we’ve had
Go Tigers!!!

May 21, 2018, 12:09 PM

Trevor is the real deal folks..... I know a lot of you want to cry seniority for Kelly but Trevor is the better QB. Not dissing Kelly he is a good QB, the only reason at this point that Dabo would play Kelly as the starter is bc he knows the playbook better, That’s it!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 12:11 PM

Which poses a great question. What good does it do for kb to know the entire playbook if he can’t execute all of it? If Trevor only knows 80% that’s fine because I bet he can execute all 80%. Do u see what I mean?

May 21, 2018, 12:15 PM

Dabo will probably start Kelly, but if he starts declining Trevor will come in.... BET! And Kelly May be lights out in regular season but when playoff time comes we may see Dabo do what Saban did in the last Natty.... you heard it here first.

May 21, 2018, 12:20 PM

That’s where it gets tricky?
If kelly is having a great year how do u slowly work TL into being the starter? At what point does dabo say “hey kelly I know you’ve had a great year but we’re replacing u with Trevor so we can beat Bama.” Lol
If the coaches think Trevor will be ready to start at any point during the season then they should probably just do it from the start. It’s not like our schedule is loaded so Lawrence has room for freshmen mistakes. And our defense will keep giving them the ball back anyways lol

May 21, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

People forget how much our offense really struggles last year. If we even had an avg down field passer we win the natty. QB was the only position that kept us from winning it last year. Everybody blames o line vs bama but it’s because bama was able to load the box and safety’s came down to the line of scrimmage BECAUSE KB can’t throw down field

May 21, 2018, 12:50 PM

I feel like there's a chance that Johnson is transferring because Lawrence has already grabbed the starting spot. KB seemed really tight during the spring game and it seemed like the pressure was getting to him a bit, and that pressure and all of his golden locks aren't going anywhere.

May 21, 2018, 12:52 PM

I agree with u

May 21, 2018, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

When David Hood had his Q & A, I asked if their had been a change in the QB depth chart. He said that Dabo has kept that silent. Seems in the exit interviews of Spring practice that Hunter got the news that Trevor was ahead of him. Bad news for KB heading into the fall if Trevor surpassed HJ in the short time he’s been there.

May 21, 2018, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

Brilliant!

Okay.. who on tnet is crying seniority?

May 21, 2018, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

I only see people saying that the player that gives clemson the best chance to win should be playing, at all positions.
At qb
Some say that is kb
Some say it is TL
Some say the coach will decide

Re: Okay.. who on tnet is crying seniority?

May 21, 2018, 1:03 PM

Nobody cries seniority for kb until the TL supporters come out and say “TL should start.” Then the kb seniority people come out and argue.
It’s an ongoing thing lol I’m neutral but lean towards Trevor

May 21, 2018, 2:56 PM

Im not saying KB should start just like im not saying TL should start lol. Not crying seniority by any means. Just giving KB credit that he deserves and making my prediction for this season. I agree that a better passer would have given us a much better chance with bama. I agree that it will be harder on us if KB cant throw down field. I like the thought of TL coming in and starting and being a awesome QB. I just think KB will be the starter. Maybe Im wrong who knows lol. Im not picking sides because the way I see it there is only one side. CLEMSON. GO TIGERS!

"Dont sweat the petty stuff, and dont pet the sweaty stuff."

May 21, 2018, 3:58 PM

Oh I didn’t mean that u did. I was just responding to someone’s post about it. Sorry about that

May 21, 2018, 12:47 PM

I strongly disagree but you have a right to your opinion.

May 21, 2018, 1:15 PM

Thanks coach, I didn’t realize it was time to make that decision. I was thinking we should wait until after fall practice but whatever.

HJ could have beaten Bama.

May 21, 2018, 1:19 PM

If KB starts, TL will have to play the next year with second string DL but Chase Brice will have seniority over him. So next year TL will transfer.

Re: HJ could have beaten Bama.

May 21, 2018, 5:32 PM

HJ could have beaten Bama.

May 21, 2018, 1:19 PM

If KB starts, TL will have to play the next year with second string DL but Chase Brice will have seniority over him. So next year TL will transfer.

He is a Sr. His passing game will be the same

May 21, 2018, 3:12 PM

As last yr. We could have won the games last year with any QB. If Johnson would have srarted those games, he would have been ready be Ala. & we would have had a down hill threat

May 21, 2018, 3:39 PM

I am so sick of hearing we went 12-2 last season so KB is the starter.
We went 12-2 last year because our D controlled the games .
If not for giving up like a 100 yards we lose to Auburn for sure.
The O last year lead by KB finished just like it started.
If KB has not improved his field awareness or passing ability he should not play QB period this season.
We have the team to allow TL to take some lumps early so that he is game ready for Bama, Come early January.

May 21, 2018, 4:02 PM

I think you’re right. The offense was just very avg last year. How many 3 and outs did our defense force to get good position just to give the ball right back?
Imagine this defense forcing 3 and outs and giving it back to Trevor Lawrence.
Remember all the “I can’t wait for Trevor Lawrence to tee Higgins”
Well we will only get 1 year of that if TL doesn’t start this year. Sorry but I would prefer 2 years of that.

May 21, 2018, 4:26 PM

YOU MEAN THE OFFENSE THAT AVERAGED 35 A GAME LAST YEAR AND BEAT THE #6 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY 38-3 IN THE ACC CHAMP. GAME. THAT OFFENSE. SMFH.

May 21, 2018, 5:18 PM

Tell me again how many passing TD's were in that game? Must have been a ton with 38 points

May 21, 2018, 5:26 PM

Are passing TDs worth more now?

Because last I checked, it was 6 points whether you ran it in or threw it in.

May 21, 2018, 6:22 PM

I'm confused, are you talking about KB's part alone, or are we back on "team" again....considering he had only 1 either way, and his total rushing stats in that game was only 7 yards. A lot of his passes in that game were 15 yards or less...you'd think with that, that the pass TD's would be much much higher than 1 when 38 points were on the board, and the QB only had 1 rush TD with only 7 yards total.

May 21, 2018, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

Yes that offense. We were the beneficiary of defensive touchdowns last year as well to help pad the points. I am referring to the offense that scored six points in the playoffs which is what Clemson football is all about now. The playoff. We also scored a lot of points because the defense continuously gave the offense great field position.
Between our schedule and our defense we could’ve scored 40 a game last year

May 21, 2018, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

If you were going to pick any game to reference for the offense playing well it should’ve been the Louisville game. They were on fire.
Clemson has so much talent our offense is going to have good games but last year we had too many subpar performances on offense for Clemson’s standard.
14 points at home vs auburn.
7 points going into the 4th Q at home vs BC
28 points vs WF at home.
24 points vs GT at home.
17 points going into 4th Q vs an FSU team that had given up on life.
I am a very satisfied Clemson fan but Dabo has all of us wanting more Lol He has spoiled us

May 21, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

You take out Kent st and the Citadel and we barely AVGed 30 a game

May 21, 2018, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

Went back & watched the game versus USC last night. Was amazed at how many stagnant drives we had. We could have beat the Coots by 70 if we had of had a better passing attack.

May 21, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

I guess when baseball is playing as well as we are you have now went back to attacking KB2.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 21, 2018, 4:24 PM

LOL OLD 577 IS ONE SAD GUY. HAS HE EVER POSTED ANYTHING POSITIVE.

May 21, 2018, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

If KB doesn't break that long TD run and drop dimes to Ray Ray we also lose to Auburn.

May 21, 2018, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly B will be the starter this season ]

Dang, my block didn't work. I'll have to get help from Crump.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem with that theory

May 21, 2018, 6:59 PM

Kelly Bryant didn't take the Tigers to the POs.....the whole team did.

WHat I am curious to see is, what happens when the defense (CU) has a
bad day.

May 21, 2018, 7:00 PM

I can't wait to see what the coaches actually do. I'm tired of reading all the guesses from the fans, I'm ready to see what the team looks like and how our coaches handle having two great QB's

May 21, 2018, 7:06 PM

Some "fans" think we don't know their real objective.

May 21, 2018, 9:23 PM

KB2 will start and deserves too......we will (or should) easily win most of our games and make it back to the playoffs with KB out there........but can we beat Bama (and that is what we will have to do) if we want to win a 3rd national championship with him out there........most probably NOT because they will AGAIN stop his running game and dare him to throw the ball down the field........that is his weakness...........but TL's strength.............Go Tigers!!!!!

May 21, 2018, 9:40 PM

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic