Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH’S RADICAL PUNISHMENT FOR ENTIRE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,986

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH’S RADICAL PUNISHMENT FOR ENTIRE

Sep 25, 2013, 10:26 PM

TEAM GETS SURPRISE REACTION FROM PARENTS

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/25/high-school-football-coachs-radical-punishment-for-entire-team-gets-surprise-reaction-from-parents/

I hope Dabo sees this and shares with our Tigers. It's a great lesson! Way to go to this coach in Utah too!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

"Initially that got Rook’s back hairs up"

Sep 25, 2013, 10:34 PM

SMH

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

try that in Texas***

Sep 25, 2013, 10:35 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: try that in Texas***

Sep 25, 2013, 11:11 PM

Fxxx Texas, and the lame horse they rode in on. They might want to take a look at their collapsing football program at UT.

I dont think he meant the University of Texas..

Sep 25, 2013, 11:16 PM

just Texas high school football in general

Unfortunately try it in most any town in America, not just

Sep 25, 2013, 11:53 PM [ in reply to try that in Texas*** ]

Texas.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

try that @ UsuC

Sep 26, 2013, 12:56 AM [ in reply to try that in Texas*** ]

lmao

Re: HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH’S RADICAL PUNISHMENT FOR ENTIRE

Sep 25, 2013, 11:07 PM

Amen. More power to him.

Sorry but I have a problem with this. Its the pendulum

Sep 25, 2013, 11:09 PM

swinging the other direction. The article did a great job of explaining what they did (read in my sarcasm). Whatever they did I find it hard to believe they ALL did it. So let's punish them all. Just the opposite end of "everyone get's a trophy". Whatever happened to holding individuals accountable for their actions.

Re: Sorry but I have a problem...I hear ya, BUT

Sep 25, 2013, 11:53 PM

If you're from '81, you ought to know about positive peer pressure...and the positive effects it can have. Team sports training is the closest thing to military boot camp outside of that realm. They use that method all the time in boot camp, and still do...my son is recently out of the Marines. (some interesting boot camp stories)

Remember?
"WE EAT, SLEEP, AND FIGHT AS A TEAM!... THIS INDIVIDUALITY STUFF IS A BUNCH OF C-R-A-P!!"
Excerpt from General Patton's address to the troops.

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WELL SAID!!

Sep 26, 2013, 7:48 AM

Its a team. Love the quote from Patton

I think you missed the point that NO parents, nor school

Sep 25, 2013, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Sorry but I have a problem with this. Its the pendulum ]

officals had any problem so undoubtedly it was a team wide problem.

This is my 32nd year in public education as a teacher,

Sep 26, 2013, 6:29 AM

football coach, and administrator. The one thing I can tell you is that the vast majority of people are in favor of tough discipline in the schools...until it touches their child. Their child, of course, doesn't lie, doesn't do anything wrong, and if they did do something it's not really a big deal. I can't imagine being able to do something like this any place that I have worked.

Re: Sorry but I have a problem with this. Its the pendulum

Sep 26, 2013, 6:28 AM [ in reply to Sorry but I have a problem with this. Its the pendulum ]

The fact that five of their team captains didn't get reelected may be a hint at the answer. At some point, you don't have enough people left to make football practice viable.

If the team was crumbling to that extent, taking the wrecking ball to the whole program and starting over may very well have been the right move. Some of those kids probably will not follow through with what he's asked them to do and won't be back. That is the real penalty, and even that is not the worst life lesson.

For the rest of them, no one was ever worse off by spending some time focusing on their responsibilities (going to class) or being very intentional about doing good works for their family, their school and their community.

That sort of work has benefits even for the good kids who didn't really need it. If anything, it gives them an invitation to rise up and take a new level of ownership in the team and that can have a powerful effect and far beyond the football field.

Sep 26, 2013, 8:15 AM

I agree with your points but also wonder what happened previously. I hate in when in any environment "leaders" fail to correct individuals and then lower the boom on an entire group. Maybe the individual offenders were addressed first - can't tell really from the story.

Sep 26, 2013, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Sorry but I have a problem with this. Its the pendulum ]

"Private Pyle has dishonored himself and dishonored the platoon. I have tried to help him. But I have failed. I have failed because YOU have not helped me. YOU people have not given Private Pyle the proper motivation! So, from now on, whenever Private Pyle ##### up, I will not punish him! I will punish all of YOU! And the way I see it ladies, you owe me for ONE JELLY DOUGHNUT! NOW GET ON YOUR FACES!"

Deseret,UT, hot bed of Mormon fundamentalism. Warren Jeffs

Sep 26, 2013, 8:20 AM

Just sayin.. If you don't know, take a quick google search.
Good for the coach and good for the parents supporting it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,986
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic