Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rumors abound that unc has already received the "new"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 6,818

Rumors abound that unc has already received the "new"

Apr 21, 2016, 9:49 PM

Notice of Allegations from the NCAA and is waiting for the most propitious moment to make them public....in any event, it seems there'll be some activity in this incredibly long ongoing scandal Very Soon

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rumors abound that unc has already received the "new"

Apr 21, 2016, 9:51 PM

nothing will happen unless they make wimmens bball fall on the sword.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2016, 10:15 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2016, 10:22 PM

Yep. They prolonged it long as they could. Now comes the slap on the wrist. The NCAA is a joke anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i doubt it. i wouldn't be surprised if basketball takes the

Apr 22, 2016, 10:08 AM

death penalty for a year or two. this was basically running at least 3 major athletic teams with students who weren't academically qualified to play, for roughly a 20 year period. Look for a massive fine (something like a Penn State number), a loss of 2 national championships for the basketball team, potentially the death penalty for the women's and men's basketball teams, and 5 scholarships per year loss for the football team, for 4 or 5 years. The level of academic fraud involved at least one academic dean, and quite possibly a provost. That's the definition of complete loss of institutional control.

Re: i doubt it. i wouldn't be surprised if basketball takes the

Apr 25, 2016, 10:41 PM

You are going to be sorely disappointed.

The facts of the case do not come close to what you are saying.

But then again 99% of the people mouthing off out there have no idea how the NCAA operates, how the rules are implemented or even what a NCAA rule book looks like.

Apr 21, 2016, 10:22 PM

My breath been holt a long time on this one...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

They loved selling us down the river for way less

Apr 21, 2016, 10:30 PM

Their fans still bring up the 80's. It won't be what we got....lol

Why would they want Clemson to be punished so bad while they were doing worse at the time. The truth is our beloved Clemson told the truth, manned up and changed, the direct opposite of what UNC has done.

How do they get away with it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Swofford is looking to add an extra year***

Apr 21, 2016, 11:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swofford will double their penalty...

Apr 22, 2016, 3:56 PM

double zero, and you still get zero.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HEY UNC! - A longish rant, but sincere

Apr 22, 2016, 5:21 AM

This rant has probably been stated and restated here numerous times, but not by me. My apologies if I am redundant with regard to obvious prior consensus. I need to get this off my chest. I'm nauseous and I've finally reached my breaking point.

Until these heels accept real consequences for their obvious academic fraud, UNC will remain an embarrassing blot on the ACC's reputation as a whole. The NCAA is laughable, but even it's weakling reputation can further fall. I must say, I couldn't care less about that ungoverned body. UNC needs to act independent of their ineptitude.

While UNC continues to avoid responsibility, fundamental trust in the integrity of their university will only worsen. It's possible the harm is permanent now. We won't know until they show contrition; but, surely, there are at least a minority of Chapel Hill administrators who realize the jeopardy they continue to risk through avoidance.

I realize I risk naivete but surely even haughty UNC must realize that a resolution with temporary yet serious consequences might ultimately restore trust in their integrity over the long term. It's the only path forward. How else will they reestablish good faith?

We Tigers have an axe to grind. Sure we do. Outsiders might believe our motives are petty, motivated not by the desire for justice but rather by some lingering cynical revenge for past grievances; but any reasonable bystander without 'bias clouding their judgment' must see how punishment would ultimately serve UNC's long term interests.

The longer they delay, the less they show concern for the health of this former venerable academic powerhouse.

All ACC schools have outstanding, hard-earned academic reputations. Our beloved Clemson and the rest, Notre Dame, Virginia, Duke, GT, Wake, Boston College, Pitt, Syracuse, Miami, even NC State, FSU, VT and Louisville continue to build upon justifiable elite conference pride. Either we grow or we die. UNC seems H**L bent on self-destruction.

Prior to all of this nonsense, UNC was among the very best in our conference. I am no champion of ACC brotherhood, but when it comes to academic matters, we have reason to defend our superiority. Excellence must be tended with constant effort.

If my opinion is perceived by non-Tigers as nothing more than an expression of some long held internal grudge, well, so be it; but, if this is the case, the powers that be must suffer from a form of hallucinatory delusion, a form of stupidity that reputations are the permanent reward for past glory, an anachronistic belief akin to respect for an absurd notion of an unassailable royal status. Give up the ghost, man.

Take your medicine, Tarheels. Man up and accept the reality that you need to take steps forward, painful steps, sure, but steps toward a future where your reputation might be regained. A reputation aligned with the rest of the ACC. A reputation that will permanently suffer if sanctions are not endured.

Otherwise you're a needless burden upon the rest of us with healthy self-respect.

Now I will return to my standard aloof regard for this entire farce.

GO TIGERS!

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: HEY UNC! - A longish rant, but sincere

Apr 22, 2016, 7:42 AM

My bud was on the legal team. He won't say a peep. Reason being I don't trust any leaks.

avoid responsibility? where have you been?

Apr 22, 2016, 8:54 AM [ in reply to HEY UNC! - A longish rant, but sincere ]

where were you on October 22, 2014?

UNC performed a very public mea culpa

http://carolinacommitment.unc.edu/updates/press-release-regarding-2014-independent-inquiry-press-conference/

UNC has instituted more than 70 reforms... these are just examples

http://carolinacommitment.unc.edu/actions-and-initiatives/actions-and-initiatives/

and despite what you may think, UNC's over-all academic reputation hasn't suffered, as reflected in the rankings published by U.S. News, Forbes, Kiplinger's etc...

Avoid responsibility ? UNCheat lied

Apr 22, 2016, 9:36 AM

Dr, Carol L, Folt
Chancellor
SACS, coe
SOUTHERN ASSOCIATION Of COLLEGES AND SCHOOLS
COMMISSION ON COLLEGES
November 13, 2014

Dr, Carol L, Folt
Chancellor
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
103 South Building
Campus Box 9100
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-9100
Dear Dr, Folt:
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges' policy, "Standing
Rules: SACSCOC Board of Trustees, Executive Council, and the College Delegate Assembly,"
(available at www,sacscocorg) stipulates that the Commission give appropriate consideration to
significant accreditation-related unsolicited information revealed about the institution between
periods of scheduled review, This policy provides that an institution be afforded the opportunity to
respond to concerns raised by the review of the unsolicited information,

I am writing to you today because the recently released report you sent to SACSCOC entitled,
"Investigation of Irregular Classes in the Department of African and Afro-American Studies at the
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill" (Caldwalader Report) regarding academic irregularity
and degree integrity issues, has raised questions about the University of North Carolina at Chapel
Hill's ongoing compliance with the Principles of Accreditation (copy enclosed), Many of the
assertions made by the investigative report were based on interviews with the two university
employees responsible for instigating and perpetuating the "academic irregularities,"
At the time of the Committee visit on April 2-4, 2013, the University appeared to confine the root of the problems to "the unethical actions by two people that required the University to go through this process .. ,", a phrase used by the previous chancellor, The Committee was unable to interview the two primary coordinators due to legal actions pending against them; however, the Cadwalader Report makes it clear that there was a network of individuals within the academic and athletic community that knew of and referred students to the "paper classes," The administration's failure, prior to the review of the SACSCOC Special Committee, to examine the full impact of these "academic irregularities" beyond the professional activities of two people;
evidence that some University faculty and staff were aware of the fraud and played a part in directing students toward the classes; and additional evidence in the report supporting the fact that students" received one or more semesters of deficient instruction and were awarded high
grades that often had little relationship to the quality of their work" (page 3, Cadwalader) cause
SACSCOC to raise questions about the University's compliance with the following standards:

1. institutional integrity
2. program content
3. organizational structure
4. personnel appointment
5. control of intercollegiate athletics
6. admissions policies
7. academic policies
8. academic support services
9. faculty evaluation
10. academic freedom
11. faculty role in governance
12. student records
13. qualified staff
14. policy compliance
15. publication of policies
16. recruitment materials
17. title IV program responsibilities
18. credit hour

Every time you spring to their defense, you get embarrassed

Apr 22, 2016, 1:42 PM [ in reply to avoid responsibility? where have you been? ]

This thing is deep, and it's dark, and there is absolutely no way to sugar coat it.

I realize you're a Tar Heel fan who just happens to be drawing a paycheck from Clemson and your desire to see UNC get past all this is understandable, but honestly, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Before all this, the average citizen around the nation saw UNC as a paragon of academic integrity and a model of how a strong basketball program could be built and maintained without resorting to cheating.

Even "Haters" had a grudging respect ... but now all that has changed.

Now, pretty much everyone without baby blue blinders has almost the exact opposite opinion of the University of North Carolina both athletically and academically.

When you continue to highlight in-house remedies taken by the school and when you cite results of polls from academic circles where athletics are generally scorned and academic problems can be neatly "compartmentalized" and separated from the overall university perspective, you're just doing something that is common among people clinging the forlorn hope that the problem will somehow go away.

It may eventually get swept under the rug, but that big obvious lump in the carpet is going to show in the public eye for years and years.

Sorry, but it's true ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Apr 25, 2016, 9:13 AM

i know you wish and hope (pray?) that you and your ilk could embarrass me, but it's just silly beyond words for you to think so

and sorry, but what is actually true is that objective observers know that UNC's reputation has taken a hit, but hasn't been ruined.

"...about what is undoubtedly one of the finest public universities in the country...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/13/sports/ncaabasketball/dean-smiths-shadow-looms-over-unc-as-it-struggles-with-a-scandals-fallout.html?_r=0

and the scandal is hardly going to get swept under the rug. so many here seem think the long delay in NCAA action is equivalent to UNC getting away with it,

you and the other hates will have more days to celebrate. i have no doubt that the NCAA will punish UNC appropriately. of course, UNC is already being punished without being punished, just by the scandal hanging over the programs for so long

but Kenan Stadium and the Dean Dome aren't going to be razed and the ground in Chapel Hill isn't going to be sewn with salt, so many of you will be disappointed, no matter how severe the sanctions

Ooops ... you did it again.

Apr 25, 2016, 2:10 PM

Honestly, I am not trying to embarrass you individually. I don't even know you. If you didn't pop up like "Wack-a-Mole" every time the UNC scandal is discussed here, I would never know you existed, so there's nothing personal going on.

But, I continue to see you here on frequent occasions with pretty much the same agenda.

Your allegiance to your alma mater is totally understandable. I totally get that part.

What is curious though, is your insistence (while working at Clemson) of joining what is obviously a Clemson sports board with a constituency of members who have long and rather bitter memories concerning UNC, and trying to convince us that UNC is somehow above the harsh criticism.

Your opinion on this subject is always going to draw fire on this board and I think you know that. That's the part that's embarrassing.

While I was working for NC State (for 16 years) I made no secret among my co-workers that I was first and foremost a Clemson graduate and fan and that I would always pull for Clemson against the Wolfpack.

Still ... even though I was drawing a paycheck from NCSU and I cheered for Clemson at the games, I would never have ever considered dwelling on any of the NC State sports forums trying to promote or defend anything that was happening down at Clemson.

That would have been embarrassing ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you channeling Britney?

Apr 25, 2016, 7:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

keep it up, you may have a future as a comedy or fiction writer :)

the punshment is that no one will ever take a UNC diploma

Apr 25, 2016, 2:31 PM [ in reply to LOL ]

seriously again. Especially those issued during those 20 years of scandal.

The endless streams of UNC education jokes I hear from bystanders every time a UNC game is on TV is satisfying enough. This won't go away for a couple more generations at the earliest.

And there's nothing you can do or say to stop that - you can't stomp your feet or wring your hands loud enough for anybody to care.

Apr 22, 2016, 3:21 PM

It sounds like some of this started when Swofford was ad there. If that's the case maybe we can get rid of him

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Apr 22, 2016, 9:32 PM

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/article73163537.html

Replies: 20
| visibility 6,818
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic