Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney on 'style points,' rankings: 'I'm not worried about that at all'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney on 'style points,' rankings: 'I'm not worried about that at all'

Oct 14, 2019, 8:41 PM

Swinney on 'style points,' rankings: 'I'm not worried about that at all'

Clemson won 45-14 over the weekend but dropped from No. 2 to No. 3 in the Associated Press Top 25 over the weekend. The Tigers have dropped two spots over the s Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney on 'style points,' rankings: 'I'm not worried about that at all'

Oct 14, 2019, 8:49 PM

Amen!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney on 'style points,' rankings: 'I'm not worried about that at all'

Oct 14, 2019, 8:57 PM

I'm talking about...perfectly said!
I second everything he said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rock n roll!***

Oct 14, 2019, 9:06 PM

Oct 14, 2019, 9:18 PM

Lordy, Dabo is good.

Oct 14, 2019, 10:02 PM

Dabo is not getting.style points for dancing either but he does seem to enjoy it.??

Oct 15, 2019, 8:27 AM

That he does. The fun is in the winning! Celebrating the team's accomplishments is a huge part of establishing the standard and the expectations we have as a program. Celebrating the success just reinforces that the hard work and method are right on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 9:34 PM

ahem....BRAVO!!!!!!!

You tell em Coach, Dabo Style!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 9:59 PM

Since 2012, we've beat LSU, we've beat Georgia, we've beat Texas A&M twice, we've beat Auburn four times, We've beat Oklahoma twice, Ohio State, we've beaten Alabama twice, we've beaten Notre Dame twice. ~ ?? drop

Oct 14, 2019, 10:04 PM

Preach, Dabo!

We are the premier program in the nation. Our accomplishments back that statement.

The negative weasels know that and they only get snarky out of envy.

ROY bus heading to Bourbon Street!!!

“We’ve beat them all to be quite honest with you...”

Oct 14, 2019, 10:10 PM

#### right, Dabo!

When you look at the Have’s of college football this year and every year (also the top CFP contenders) - LSU, Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma - if memory serves correctly, we’ve not just beaten them all, but we’ve woodshedded them all (except for perhaps LSU, who we would have woodshedded if we met in the post season any year after our 2012 victory in Atlanta).

Not to mention the second tiers we’ve beaten (and woodshedded) - Georgia, Notre Dame, aTm, Auburn, etc....

You’d think they’d learn at some point....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “We’ve beat them all to be quite honest with you...”

Oct 15, 2019, 8:33 AM

I think they know, but they seem to think if they say something often enough it will be true and their favored pets somehow will magically be better than they actually are. To borrow a favorite quote, "Sure Virginia, there really is a Santa Clause".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 10:54 PM

Exactly.

Here's the irony in all this... Everyone is saying Clemson should leave the starters in, style points... Blah blah. Then you go look at the critiques about him jumping on Potter, and people are saying "Dabo's not classy...they just wanted to run up the score in a cupcake game".

So, which do you guys want? Hard coaching and running up scores, or play classy and not run up scores? So, for Clemson to be in, they have to run up the score, so you can then say he's not classy because he left starters in ran up the score? ??

Give me a break. It's simple, your teams are scared of Clemson making it... Because you keep losing to us.

“So, which do you guys want?”

Oct 14, 2019, 11:08 PM

They want Clemson to lose.
Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: “So, which do you guys want?”

Oct 15, 2019, 8:36 AM

I do agree. Interesting that most of the ones to whom you refer are tired of Clemson being in the final 4 grouping, but they aren't as tired of AL. I find that interesting and very sad.

Oct 14, 2019, 11:19 PM

Then proceeds to drop the Mic...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2019, 11:52 PM

I have to strongly disagree with one thing he said: Clemson beat Ohio State TWICE since 2012, not just once. This is what happens when Tim Bourret isn’t on the job full time anymore.

Deja Vu all over again

Oct 15, 2019, 3:43 AM

When the playoffs come (and yes, Clemson will be in the playoff) and the Tigers dominate teams, the talking heads will act all surprised. Same sh*t, different year.

Dabo could care less about a poll

Oct 15, 2019, 5:14 AM

how much less?

The Clemson naysayers are like the Trump naysayers

Oct 15, 2019, 6:06 AM

If they don’t like someone or something, regardless of how well they are really doing, they find every excuse in the world to demean them.

Haters are gonna hate. They are not objective. They can’t be. It is not in their DNA. They are the types who are very susceptible to “tribing up”. Notice most in the media are this way and have this weakness and tendency to “tribe up”?

It is the profession for mentally disturbed people.

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Clemson naysayers are like the Trump naysayers

Oct 15, 2019, 7:07 AM

HufferBilly, let's not compare Donald Trump and Dabo. This is not the place. We can all agree on Clemson, isn't that enough?

Oct 15, 2019, 7:32 AM

Not comparing Dabo - Trump. Both are polar opposites.

I was pointing out how haters are gonna hate just out of sheer bias. Facts be ######.

There are folks out there in the media who hate Dabo because he doesn’t hide his faith or because he is so upbeat and positive and still wins. Dabo kills them with kindness. And they hate Clemson because we have crashed their little exclusive party. We were not invited.

Trump brings a lot of hate on himself because he doesn’t toe the line of going along to get along and then tells you about it every freaking minute of the day. He is annoying as hell about it. Totally different than Dabo, Although Dabo doesn’t go along just to get along either.

In both cases, results are discounted by those who don’t like them, for whatever reason, just so they can criticize or otherwise throw shade at them. And most of it comes from the media types.

That is all I was pointing out.

Oct 15, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to The Clemson naysayers are like the Trump naysayers ]

Not to mention that many of these announcer types are ND, Michigan, OSU alum and are B&L (butthurt and lugubrious).
Clemson has been owning their alma maters for many years now.
That's why its nice to have ole' Philpott behind the enemy lines.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think LSU jumping Clemson was an issue of style

Oct 15, 2019, 8:23 AM

points at all. They have the two best wins in CFB right now and we are stuck with a terrible schedule that will yield us no credit unless we go 13-0 against it. Alabama, on the other hand, is ahead of us due to style points (or our lack of style points against UNC) and brand.

HERE IS YOU SOME STYLE... WHO ELSE WINS PLAYING 72+ PLAYERS?***

Oct 15, 2019, 9:31 AM

Re: HERE IS YOU SOME STYLE... WHO ELSE WINS PLAYING 72+ PLAYERS?***

Oct 15, 2019, 2:27 PM

Great point! That is the epitome of style, and is smart coaching too.

Oct 15, 2019, 8:24 AM

Dabo is a great coach, and I do love the way he does things and the way he runs this program even though I disagree that the "style points don't matter" proclamation. Hype shouldn't matter, but I find it hard to believe the folks who ultimately vote on the final 4 playoff groupings completely ignore the results of games before they start their playoff considerations. I believe every win is important, and I believe how we win is important, too.

Oct 15, 2019, 10:53 AM

I think Dabo believes how we win is very important too. But it looks like he would rather win and develop players than win and please the media. Kinda sounds like a good plan to me.

Oct 15, 2019, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney on 'style points,' rankings: 'I'm not worried about that at all' ]

Speaking of how we win...most media must be completely clueless how we win. Don’t have the time this morning but it would be worth it to see how many points our first team D is giving up. The final score is not typically reflective of how we played yet most media vote based on a score and under the influence of a few negative nancies who graduated from rival schools.

Oct 15, 2019, 2:50 PM

Nuff said____________________spot the dang ball !!!~!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic