Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: In-state lineman has tough decision to make between Tigers and Huskers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: In-state lineman has tough decision to make between Tigers and Huskers

Dec 14, 2018, 7:01 AM

In-state lineman has tough decision to make between Tigers and Huskers

Jimmy Fritzsche has a trip to make to Nebraska this weekend before making a decision between the Tigers and the Cornhuskers. The six-foot-7 2019 offensive tackle prospect out of Greenville (SC) added a Clemson offer on Thursday while on an unofficial visit. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: In-state lineman has tough decision to make between Tigers and Huskers

Dec 14, 2018, 7:18 AM

"my nastiness" ..... LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: TNET: In-state lineman has tough decision to make between Tigers and Huskers

Dec 14, 2018, 8:31 AM

We need nastiness on our OL.
Please come to Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: In-state lineman has tough decision to make between Tigers and Huskers ]

Please Get the facts before you spout off and as far as being nasty, his dad was pretty nasty in Philadelphia too. The kid has genes. As I understand, we offered him a grey shirt? I believe.

Honestly, not sure how we missed on this one from the beginning. Somebody go talk to his dad please! Obviously his dad likes the area since he’s been here since the mid 80’s. I worked with his dad back then and promise he couldn’t have been a nicer person back then. We lost touch in the 90’s but he was a great person and starred at Purdue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 10:49 AM

Offered gray shirt before the offer yesterday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: In-state lineman has tough decision to make between Tigers and Huskers ]

Not sure what facts you are talking about? That’s a quote from him... I thought it was great!! That’s what we are always saying we need - especially on the O-line. He looks like a great person as well as a great player - and think you verified that.

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Dec 14, 2018, 3:12 PM

That is my mistake hopefultiger and I extend my sincere apology. I read it as though you were laughing at him for making that statement as if he wasn’t.

Please accept and I also appreciate you pointing that out.

Unfortunately with his Dad playing for Purdue, it sounds like they’re still b1g fans but my goodness, the fella gets a chance to play for championships at the best school in the USA... not sure how he didn’t accept on the spot.

He knows it’ll take at least 4 years at Nebraska to get back to winning games, let alone championships. But, who knows- may not want to stay at home or has family there or what. I just hope we get him.

Dec 14, 2018, 4:46 PM

No problem Kerigantoo! Looking back at my post I can see how you would have interpreted it that way. I should have provided some clarification . Thanks very much for your reply. Now if Jimmy will just sign with our Tigers!!

Sad to see Kerrigan stirring it up again

Dec 14, 2018, 11:18 PM

with suspect tales of past B1G friendships and "nasty" misinterpretations of reasonable upstanding Tigers.

So HopefulTiger, it's nice of you to overlook Kerrigan's latest misdeeds.

+1 to both of you for patching it up as true Tiger gentleman! ? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 7:34 AM

Hey Jimmy, I understand you have a choice to go help build a program or you can stay home to be a part of an established championship program. We need your help to stay on top young man!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HELLOOOO, TLaw, heeeeellllooooooo

Dec 14, 2018, 7:36 AM

smell the coffee?

Let's see. This is going to be a tough one.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:44 AM

Play for Clemson a team that played in the CFP 75% of Playoff history and practice in SC near home or Travel 1000 miles, freeze my balls off and watch Clemson play in the playoff for the next few years of my life?

I'll really need to think about this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 7:49 AM

Choice = play football vs. play championship football

Jimmy, Pick the one that fits and that will be the right one for you.

And immediately tweeted about it

Dec 14, 2018, 7:57 AM

I say we have a good chance of getting him.

welcome to Clemson Fritz!

Dec 14, 2018, 8:26 AM

Go Tigers

I must not know the definition of tough.

Dec 14, 2018, 8:47 AM

'Cause it seems easy peasy to me.

That is Not a Tough Choice....That's Like Choosing Between

Dec 14, 2018, 9:04 AM

Filet Mignon and Arby's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is Not a Tough Choice....That's Like Choosing Between

Dec 14, 2018, 9:32 AM

There's nothing between Lincoln, Nebraska and the North Pole but a barbed wire fence. It's cold, but made worse by the wind with nothing to block it. Scott Frost is a great coach and will turn around Nebraska, but I wouldn't want to live there for any amount of money. Especially not when you have a chance to play at Clemson.

I eat more fast foot than I do filet mignon

Dec 15, 2018, 9:58 AM [ in reply to That is Not a Tough Choice....That's Like Choosing Between ]

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 11:00 AM

Looking at this full grown kids film, he could have been over looked and under rated bc, watching his film, didn't see anybody that could move him, it was the exact opposite. With some good coaching and the training table, he may turn into someone special....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders

Dec 14, 2018, 11:02 AM

Re: Seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders

Dec 14, 2018, 11:14 AM

Plus Nebraska was the victims in our first NC win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 1:35 PM

I hope he comes to Clemson but I gotta say the deer huntin is #### good in Nebraska! Not much else there!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 2:16 PM

Not true. They grow lots and lots of corn just outside Lincoln.

Dec 14, 2018, 2:31 PM

Jimmy,

You are a 6 ft 7 inches and your nastiness and hunger to play well can help you become a great player at Clemson and beyond!!

As Nick Saban have said something like this: "if you want to become successful in your life and in your football career to become a NFL player, go to college get a great degree and make sure it’s the Institution where your chances are going to be higher to do so."

Being in Greenville, SC and attending Clemson you will be only 30 miles away and also away from your parents.. :) However, you will be still close to your family and frieds!!

We know as our son was and could been accepted at many universities around South Carolina and elsewhere but he decided to go to Clemson this fall of 2018, and he loves it because of the flexibility of coming back-and-forth with ICAR free shuttle ride that runs every hour from early in the morning till late at night and a free parking at ICAR too! He lives on campus but still have that option to jump in a wifi free bus to come and go back from Clemson to Greenville anytime which you will not have out there in midwest..

Being a young bright man you may want to think about way down the road in your life about this very important decision that could be EEHUGE decision (millions of dollar worth if NFL comes in play):

1, Weather to go to Clemson where the program is and going to be in the national championships or top tier program almost every year where you can go to NFL with better exposure on a new and upcoming ACC Network TV through national audience and make a great professional life.

2, Or you can go to Nebraska as you said they already have a 3 to 4 offensive tackles and you may be down in depth of what if.. and also from FAR FAR AWAY from home..

I would suggest as another father become a Tiger and get to play right away and hopefully get in NFL and if NOT, you will have a quality education and stay well connected with your close family and friends right here in the upstate!

May God Bless you and help you in making a right decision!

GO TIGERS!

Nice position for this young man to be in ...

Dec 14, 2018, 11:00 PM

Clemson has whiffed on some O-Linemen and has the top QB and skill players in the country returning to Tigertown next year. Nebraska with Scott Frost as Head Coach is an "up and comer" and could do some damage in B1G 10 within a few years. Either program has the ability to be a win-win.

Fritzscke IMHO will be best served by red-shirting and gaining strength with continued development of footwork, technique and coordination skill sets. So it comes down to where is this young man's heart is at … wish him the best.

Dec 15, 2018, 9:50 AM

Sounds like he is a Tiger.

Dec 15, 2018, 12:57 PM

Wish all recruits could reason that well... We could rename the NCAA to the ECAA (Einstein Collegiate Athletic Assoc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic