Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We failed the baseball team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

We failed the baseball team

Jun 2, 2013, 9:04 PM

At the beginning of the season; this board was nothing but negative. The baseball team caught fire, and here comes the wagon riders. We lost at Fla State, then the acc tournament. Here comes the negative. We made the tournament with a freshman team and look in the stands. Look at it today.....place was empty(I was there). No support but by God people could get on here and voice about how bad things are. Perhaps, if you got off your lazy a.. and drove to Columbia, it could have been a spark that these freshmen needed. You know, all they heard prior to the season how loyal the fans are. Thats why they came to Clemson. I am proud of this team and always will be. Go Tigers...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was there and did not like what I saw. I saw the same

Jun 2, 2013, 9:28 PM

thing earlier in the year too and unless, something drastically changes, I don't think next year will be any better.

Re: We failed the baseball team

Jun 2, 2013, 9:39 PM

I don't owe these kids (or coach Leggett for that matter) anything.

My parents and I paid for my tuition to get a degree from Clemson University, and I'll voice my opinion (if asked for it) without any reservations.

People get mad, because they have financially supported (and continue to support) the athletic programs at Clemson University with little input as to how things could be improved. (due to the dynamic of the BOT making all the decisions)

I think most people get frustrated when any entity (be it their alma mater or government, etc.) asks them to blindly send them money and support them, and they get little to no input into the decision making processes and little transparency/accountability.

I don't blindly give money to causes that I don't see any return on my investment.

just sayin.

Well, I see that you don't support Tigernet financially

Jun 2, 2013, 9:57 PM

and you still post your opinion here.......curious, do you belong to IPTAY???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, I see that you don't support Tigernet financially

Jun 3, 2013, 7:51 AM

I have given alot to this institution "TigrJim".It would shock you. As far as paying on here, I don't get on here often mainly because of idiots like you. It is people like you that de-moralize the faithful. It can get depressing. I got on the site last night, hoping that someone else saw the potential that I saw and most of all; stand by the team, win or lose......

Re: Well, I see that you don't support Tigernet financially

Jun 3, 2013, 8:06 AM

You must (mistakenly) think he was responding to you. Fail.

And Tigrjm is not an idiot. Fail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Someone sounds bitter...

Jun 2, 2013, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: We failed the baseball team ]

that they were not smart enough or good enough at some sport and had to pay their own way to go to college. I bet you are the only person that has ever done that.

Your donation doesn't buy you a voting interest

Jun 2, 2013, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: We failed the baseball team ]

Treating it as such is probably where folks first incorrectly express their displeasure by getting "mad" (your word not mine).

I'm not sure why anger is the response in this. Did we have what should be a subpar year? Yep. And the result of that is anger? I find that strange.

And no, neither your or my IPTAY dues buy us voting interests in the school. In fact it could be argued sending money or not sending money IS the way you vote.

Additionally the governmental analogy falls short. There isn't an IPTAY tax with an armed body ready to collect. Sent from those who are supposed to represent the folks *forced* to pay their salary.

You aren't forced. Express all the discontent you want, and believe me I understand it and have no problem with it, but your donation is a gift. Nothing more, nothing less.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your donation doesn't buy you a voting interest

Jun 2, 2013, 11:17 PM

I'm not mad.

I was merely expressing my opinion on the matter.

And you are welcome to your opinion

Jun 2, 2013, 11:32 PM

I used the word you used in responding to it.

I still find the idea that folks think their donations purchase ballots to vote with strange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jun 2, 2013, 9:43 PM

good one!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for making it to the game and supporting the team....

Jun 2, 2013, 9:54 PM

Going to a sporting event at that cesspool is never truly "enjoyable" because of their ahole fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for making it to the game and supporting the team....

Jun 2, 2013, 9:58 PM

That too.

Even if Clemson had beaten Liberty and South Carolina, (twice) it wouldn't be worth the trip IMO...

Other way around buddy***

Jun 2, 2013, 9:58 PM

Re: Re: We failed the baseball team

Jun 2, 2013, 10:05 PM

And the same could be said the other way around, they don't owe you a thing either. If you wanted so much of an input, you should have thought of that while you were in school instead of bitching on message boards. If you are going to complain ab donating money, don't do it. If you thought donating some money meant you get to decide anything major in te program, well anyway that's not even worth addressing.

Jun 2, 2013, 10:38 PM

Hey bud, I was there Friday, and I sat right behind our dug out. I heard absolutely no support coming from our team for each other. And about the same from our fans. The coots were making 10 times more noise than our fans when Liberty would get a hit or score. Basically the crickets were making more noise than anything in Orange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of drugs are you on tonight, bro?***

Jun 2, 2013, 10:39 PM

Plenty of Clemson fans in the Cootlumbia area too...

Jun 2, 2013, 11:01 PM

hate to say it, but our baseball fans have zero energy.

maybe the fans are tired of seeing the same game

Jun 2, 2013, 11:04 PM

played out by a Jack Leggett team every year

I know I am. even before Acc tourney and regional, I knew the outcome... you did too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy nails it .***

Jun 2, 2013, 11:43 PM

Jun 3, 2013, 4:32 AM

Go tell my boss and maybe[next time] he will let my lazy ### off work,so I can drive down there.Maybe he will even let me borrow his car because I doubt mine would make it.
Oh,and you can pay for my ticket while your at criticizing those of us who may not have the means to go to Columbia.
We did not fail this baseball team.Now go pull for UNC!

The ideal, of course, is for fans to visibly show support

Jun 3, 2013, 5:49 AM

come h3ll or high water. The reality is visible support is directly affected by the successes of the team. The underlying common denominator is the type of sport.

Perhaps, Clemson had poor representation due to both weak interest in our baseball program and a lack of faith in the potential of the team. The latter may well have been due to perceived realities of the season. Nevertheless, I suspect that had we the record of UNC and were hosting, the visible support would have been abundantly present.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a bunch of b.s.***

Jun 3, 2013, 7:57 AM

Jun 3, 2013, 8:19 AM

I noticed the same thing. Your right on Lowcountry. If we do well, the fan base is awesome, if we do not perform to the couch potatoes desires, here comes the negative. There is no such thing as "stand by your team". Thanks for saying the obvious.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic