Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I never give
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1,722

I never give

Apr 7, 2020, 2:03 PM

a thumbs down but I see posters saying that someone gave them a
thumbs down. Please clue me in on how to check that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK I gave dsq a TD for this post since it included a

Apr 7, 2020, 2:09 PM

personal attack:

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=27098467#27098467

Notice the % in the bottom right is less than 100% (it's 50% right now)? That's because of the TD I gave him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: OK I gave dsq a TD for this post since it included a

Apr 7, 2020, 2:33 PM

Sorry I’m not following.I opened the thread you posted and did not see anyone with 50% pulse?My pulse has gone down since I disagree with some others.I do not remember engaging in personal attacks that I would consider to be so.I too do not TD.Everyone has a right to post.I didn’t even TD the poster who keeps talking about no football season which is taboo??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to your Tiger Pulse, you've given 9 TUs

Apr 7, 2020, 2:35 PM

and 1 TD since you've been on the Tiger Board(s)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: According to your Tiger Pulse, you've given 9 TUs

Apr 7, 2020, 2:53 PM

Did you receive a TU that I tried to give you?I have to say I don’t navigate very well on this I phone.

No, must have had those sausage fingers working

Apr 7, 2020, 3:35 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

bob already has enough reasons to hate you...***

Apr 7, 2020, 3:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should be able to see a TD just like you can see who

Apr 7, 2020, 5:16 PM [ in reply to OK I gave dsq a TD for this post since it included a ]

posted a TU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Careful there Spud...

Apr 7, 2020, 9:56 PM

Don't anger management.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, you've given ~105 thumbs down.***

Apr 7, 2020, 2:10 PM

Good catch...

Apr 7, 2020, 2:11 PM

you with the Feds?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

No***

Apr 7, 2020, 2:13 PM

Re: LOL, you've given ~105 thumbs down.***

Apr 7, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to LOL, you've given ~105 thumbs down.*** ]

How do you tell how many TD's someone has given... Must not can do that on a phone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think you can do it on mobile

Apr 7, 2020, 2:34 PM

On desktop you hover your mouse over the Tiger Pulse and it shows how many votes you have cast and what percentage of those are TU/TD. So you've cast 37,700 votes and 99% of them have been TUs.

Re: I don't think you can do it on mobile

Apr 7, 2020, 3:11 PM

Since I now know how it's done, I should have put I have given
a thumbs down. 89% TU 11% TD. I have been on Tigernet since 2004
and most of those were in the earlier days when I got irritated
on the politics and religion forum I don't go there any longer.
I have been banned a couple of times in the past but Crump allowed
me back on. It's been a few years ago and will never happen again.

Not only should you give TDs sometimes, you should be

Apr 7, 2020, 3:35 PM

unapologetic about it. What fun is a world where we agree on everything all the time? Getting a TD on this internet sports message board is a good thing, it means someone cares enough to grace you with their unspoken opinion, and if we're being honest...the best opinions are the unspoken ones.

There are posters who cry and get their feelings hurt when someone gives them a TD. They know who they are, and they are fragile little beings. They are the ones who need more TDs so they can become hardened to it and eventually they won't care anymore. Think about what a blessed life they will live when they are no longer burdened with anxiety, worried about whether someone on the internet agrees with them or not. Yes, sometimes giving TDs is the right thing to do.

^ TD***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I don't think you can do it on mobile

Apr 7, 2020, 5:52 PM [ in reply to I don't think you can do it on mobile ]

Thanks GWP and dsp. Never knew you could do that. Surprised I haven't given more... Pet peeve during solid orange Clemson Tiger baseball when"we're" doomed in the 3rd inning for allowing a run or two... Dang I miss baseball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did not know that little tidbit. Thanks!***

Apr 7, 2020, 9:46 PM [ in reply to I don't think you can do it on mobile ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, I do this for those I pity or care for unknowingly...

Apr 7, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL, you've given ~105 thumbs down.*** ]

I've not time to tell you which.

If you hover over a poster's pulse it reveals their votes cast, the number with percentages[%] UP & DOWN.

Maff shows you to have belittled others nigh 400 times, mostly GWPTiger® I'm sure.

Who can blame you for that?

HA, HA!! I have given 4172 + 1 more TDs***

Apr 7, 2020, 2:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Deer lowered, you're a monster.***

Apr 7, 2020, 2:48 PM

It's my birthday gift to you.

Apr 7, 2020, 2:55 PM

Happy birthday!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Ok, I do this for those I pity or care for unknowingly...

Apr 7, 2020, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Ok, I do this for those I pity or care for unknowingly... ]

Thanks.I am on my iPhone 99.9% of the time now.I am not sure how I did 9 TU and 1 TU and that’s the honest truth.I like to think I can get what I have to say across without the TU.But I thank you for information and opinion.Thumbs up!

One of you doesn't know what "never" means.

Apr 7, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to LOL, you've given ~105 thumbs down.*** ]

Not sure which one yet. I'm working on it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^^good post to test TU/TD...

Apr 7, 2020, 10:01 PM

Just sayin'...

Go Tigers!!!

I’m watching you.***

Apr 7, 2020, 10:03 PM

Re: I never give

Apr 7, 2020, 2:35 PM

I’ve never given a TD. Only losers do that.

No, only those that contribute to this site can TD, but...

Apr 7, 2020, 2:40 PM

as for losers, congratulations, you're a world champ.

Skeeter3

Jhop83

ChiliBean2016

TinCup14

and how many others?

Apr 7, 2020, 3:45 PM

i just gave you one, let me know if you can see it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 3:57 PM

No, I can't but you should let your unfounded hate for
me go away. Since you are a heavy poster in politics
and religion, I must have posted something in the
past, contrary to the way you believe All is well though.

BTW, I have attempted to give you many thumbs up but you
must have me blocked.

it is called a joke. and had no idea I had you on ignore

Apr 7, 2020, 3:58 PM

I have absolutely no hate for you or anyone else on this board. And that being said, I obviously did not TD you if you were blocked, it is literally impossible. You are now unblocked and welcome to TU or TD me all you like.

Done. YWIA***

Apr 7, 2020, 4:14 PM

Re: Done. YWIA***

Apr 7, 2020, 4:20 PM

you should let your unfounded hate for me go away.

all ya'll.............

Apr 7, 2020, 6:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: it is called a joke. and had no idea I had you on ignore

Apr 7, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to it is called a joke. and had no idea I had you on ignore ]

I have never given you a TD and never will.I am glad to
know that you have no bad feelings about me.

Apr 7, 2020, 5:52 PM

absolutely not dude. I don't even know you. Most of us are just pulling each other's chains. Look at the abuse I get from @francismarion

Apr 7, 2020, 5:46 PM [ in reply to it is called a joke. and had no idea I had you on ignore ]

Sorry MFO, had to congratulate tbalm for joining the 66k club.

I freely admit to using the power of the TD, but to quote

Apr 8, 2020, 9:33 AM

Ahnold from True Lies, "Dey were all baad." Almost exclusively, I use it to try and rid the boreds of Coots posing as true Tiger fans. The world is bad off enough without Chicken Chit contaminating the TNets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 10:52 AM

The silly thing about the pulse rating for me is the point should be to root out trolls, or rude posters. Instead, too many people use it as a disagree button. If someone posts that they think a certain team is going to win a game then that shouldn't be a down vote for offering their opinion. Now, if they say something like "anyone who doesn't think Team A is going to win is an idiot" then that crosses the line into being rude and is more deserving of a down vote.

What we see too often though is "I think Team A is going to win the game, and here are a few reasons why I think this" and then a few people who think Team B is going to win end up down voting them.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1,722
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic