Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys leaving early
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Guys leaving early

Jan 10, 2018, 1:29 PM

Seems like its been on a steady incline the past couple of years or longer tha guys are leaving early(i know most have gotten there degree) but does this factor into the way dabo and company recruit or the way player decide to stay or go. ie a 5 star commits and a guy on the teams says i gonna go head and enter the draft before this guy tries to take my spot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure makes redshirting almost irrelevant with so many

Jan 10, 2018, 1:31 PM

leaving after year 3 or 4.

Think about your question

Jan 10, 2018, 1:43 PM

"5 star commits and a guy on the teams says i gonna go head and enter the draft before this guy tries to take my spot."

Do you want a guy on your team like that?

I dare say the decision to go pro has, is, and always will be mostly about $$$$.

If you have your degree and are likely to be drafted. .move on player. No need to stick around.

Would you stay in school just so you could be a student when clemson wins a nc?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Think about your question

Jan 10, 2018, 1:57 PM

yea maybe a stupid example, but on a side not does there scholarship cover summer school classes too because thats the only way you can graduate in less than 4 years. It took me a sold 4.5 to graduate from Clemson and that was with taking several summer classes during those years.

yes it does and it’s prwtry much a given you will attend

Jan 10, 2018, 2:02 PM

Summer school and train with the team and strength coaches. That’s when the strength coaches earn their money

This

Jan 10, 2018, 2:35 PM

It's also why so many graduate early.

Which makes sense. For some of these kids, their dorm is much nicer than their home..
3 squares... free heat, cable, water, internet, lan line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Those classes weren't English, by chance

Jan 10, 2018, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Think about your question ]

were they? ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those classes weren't English, by chance

Jan 10, 2018, 2:19 PM

are you referring to my grammar, sorry i didn't proof read ### hole

that’s why if I were to redshirt I would stay all 5 years an

Jan 10, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Think about your question ]

And finish my masters

Re: Guys leaving early

Jan 10, 2018, 2:39 PM

One important thing to consider IMO is for a lot of 4 and 5 star guys, they have the mindset coming out of high school that they're staying for 3 years and going pro. If that's the way you're planning it for those years, then it's going to be harder to decide to stay even if your draft stock isn't as high as you'd might like it to be.

Jan 10, 2018, 2:45 PM

It's the trend . You can call it chasing money , dreams , security , hoze ...or whatever . These young guys that have a chance to play on Sunday's are going to the league as soon as they can , and I can't blame them .
They soon enough know whether they were man enough to have done it , or whether their erstwhile digs should have stayed on a year longer .

If they can't man up in the league it's called self inflicted premature emasculation . That's a thing you know now .

DB23

Jan 10, 2018, 2:54 PM

Anybody griping about guys leaving Clemson early are being naive or selfish as heck. You win the NC bringing us glory, you go to class and are on track to get your degree...you leave UNLESS you want to stay for your own reason. The commitment is met. NFL stands for not for long. Get while the getting is good. Thank you.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic