Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So they are figuring out Vitamin D is Covid-19 Kryptonite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

So they are figuring out Vitamin D is Covid-19 Kryptonite

May 8, 2020, 12:27 PM

Interesting. Pretty well known that outdoor people are generally healthier than indoor-dwellers, for various reasons. I think this goes towards explaining the NY/NJ epidemic vs. why Cali and Fla have not been hit nearly as hard as predicted.

Now NYC is regretting shutting people in their homes for weeks. It hurt more than it helped. Should have made people get outside, get some sunshine. Opened those beaches and parks and golf courses.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200507121353.htm

Vitamin D deficiency is very common. It's estimated that about 1 billion people worldwide have low levels of the vitamin in their blood (2Trusted Source).

According to a 2011 study, 41.6% of adults in the US are deficient. This number goes up to 69.2% in Hispanics and 82.1% in African-Americans (3Trusted Source).

Here are 7 common risk factors for vitamin D deficiency:

Having dark skin.
Being elderly.
Being overweight or obese.
Not eating much fish or dairy.
Living far from the equator where there is little sun year-round.
Always using sunscreen when going out.
Staying indoors.

Now, doesn't that risk factor look familiar?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That English doc who does the daily covid podcast said this

May 8, 2020, 12:32 PM

a month ago - I upped my vit D intake immediately.

This guy -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AADUVt5gTEI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wimmens. If you need a cure, hit me up

May 8, 2020, 12:35 PM

I will give you that D and save your life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wimmens. If you need a cure, hit me up

May 8, 2020, 1:06 PM

best bon mot in quite some time. Well played sir.***

May 9, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Wimmens. If you need a cure, hit me up ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So they are figuring out Vitamin D is Covid-19 Kryptonite

May 8, 2020, 12:39 PM

That's why those Guatemalans are so tall.

No!! Stay in yer homes!! We have to kill the economy and as

May 8, 2020, 12:42 PM

many people as we can!! Guy in the White House bad!!

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

GUYS!

May 8, 2020, 12:46 PM

If society doesn't crumble and descend into anarchy, then we don't get that brutal warlord-led government we've all been so adamantly craving to serve under!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guy in WH is also saying stay in your homes, isn't he?***

May 8, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to No!! Stay in yer homes!! We have to kill the economy and as ]

Don’t confuse him

May 8, 2020, 12:52 PM

That poor Citadel brain of his can only process what FOX news is feeding him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

^^ I do not condone this statement ^^***

May 8, 2020, 12:43 PM

Re: Don’t confuse him

May 8, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Don’t confuse him ]

The Citadel hate is funny to me. Most of you wouldn’t make it a week at the Citadel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, most of us have no interest in making it a week

May 8, 2020, 1:32 PM

at the Citadel, either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT IN THE MILITARY!!"

May 8, 2020, 1:45 PM

Well define "make it", because I ain't gonna be volunteering for missions and going all Seal Team 6, but I would be tempted to smuggle heroin from Afghanistan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair, most of us have no interest in making it a week

May 9, 2020, 3:27 AM [ in reply to To be fair, most of us have no interest in making it a week ]

I #### on myself quite regularly, no reason to let someone else do it too.

I haven't picked up a calculus book in 25 years

May 8, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t confuse him ]

but I think if I started the Citadel tomorrow I could get through that junior college just fine.

When I was in Scabbard and Blade and Det 770 AFROTC

May 8, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t confuse him ]

at Clemson, we did a lot of stuff with Citadel folks. They all think their #### doesn't stink so I like to pick on the Rump Rangers every chance i get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Afro TC you say?

May 8, 2020, 3:17 PM

I’m done here for the day. No way I top this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old Corps, true. Today, meh. Over half wood.***

May 8, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t confuse him ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt I could make it a week myself.

May 8, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t confuse him ]

Once they started adding up my confirmed kills, I think they quickly kick me out for being TOO good and making the rest of the kids look bad, what with their zero body counts and whatnot.

And they've been doing the same thing in Europe and Asia.

May 8, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Guy in WH is also saying stay in your homes, isn't he?*** ]

I guess they're all complicit in the MSM/Democrat party/deep state conspiracy to ruin the economy and make Trump look bad.

SOROS & THE BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUND. CONTROL THE WORLD

May 8, 2020, 2:13 PM

You sheeple need to get with the program here!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That description reminds me of zoolander's

May 9, 2020, 2:08 AM [ in reply to And they've been doing the same thing in Europe and Asia. ]

center for kids who can't read good and want to learn to do other stuff good too

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tellya where I struggle on all of this. Our president

May 8, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to No!! Stay in yer homes!! We have to kill the economy and as ]

shut down the country. His supporters seem to be the most aggravated by this (compared with non-supporters, only based on my personal observations).

In spite of this, his supporters simply do not and will not criticize him for it.

Instead his supporters seem to place some weird roundabout blame on the party not in control currently.

Twisted, ain't it?

Welcome to politics of the new millennium

May 8, 2020, 1:07 PM

This is why I am not for either one and why I don't vote any more.

It's fun to sit back and watch the two bicker when you don't have a dog in the fight. But then you sadly realize how dumb and jaded they all are.

I was this way for a little while, but then thought I cannot

May 8, 2020, 1:10 PM

change anything if I just sit back. Still can't change much voting in the deep south where the letter beside your name means more than the content of your platform though. IN fact, maybe I will return to your way of thinking.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just the deep south where the letter next to your name

May 8, 2020, 1:14 PM

matters the most. It's all over the country.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll say this though, they'll take away your voters

May 8, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to I was this way for a little while, but then thought I cannot ]

registration if you go too long. I gotta vote this year or they'll revoke it. Really hoping there'll be some sort of online voting this year so I don't actually have to go out in the massive crowds of idiots who are taking pigs of themselves and their "I voted" stickers.

It's basically WWE wrastlin' at this point

May 8, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Welcome to politics of the new millennium ]

I'm convinced our kids are ######.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you dare compare it to WWE wrasslin

May 8, 2020, 1:19 PM

What did the WWE do to deserve that.

They Steve Smith'ed Stone Cold Steve Austin man

May 8, 2020, 1:25 PM

Don't you even remember the early 2000's?!?

I think that's when I stopped watching.

May 8, 2020, 1:26 PM

Although I did pick back up in like 2008. Funny #### to watch on a Monday night when you're high AF.

LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN', TONY SHIAVONE.***

May 8, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to It's basically WWE wrastlin' at this point ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is where a warlord-led government differs.

May 8, 2020, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Tellya where I struggle on all of this. Our president ]

The sun-bleached skulls of complaining whiners would ALL go on display on pikes in front of the palace regardless of whether they were conservative or liberal. Essentially, only a warlord can reach across the aisle and unite both sides. Remember...

WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

What did he shut down?***

May 8, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Tellya where I struggle on all of this. Our president ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

ok, so indirectly

May 8, 2020, 6:20 PM

I would think it’s fair to assume he and his appointed staff passed along the recommendations. I mean, surely pub and dem local leadership didn’t ALL agree on something.

The President really didn't shut down anything....

May 8, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Tellya where I struggle on all of this. Our president ]

doesn't have the power to.

Doesn't mean that he wasn't advising to shut some stuff down, but the states are acting on their respective Governor's orders.

He declared states of emergency in each state - but it was

May 8, 2020, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Tellya where I struggle on all of this. Our president ]

up to each state to shut down. You'll recall he caught a lot of heat from the MSM for NOT forcing each state to shut down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya talking out of both sides of your mouth there

May 8, 2020, 1:09 PM [ in reply to No!! Stay in yer homes!! We have to kill the economy and as ]

idiot

After I had kidney taken out for cancer last year...

May 8, 2020, 12:48 PM

they tested my vitamin D and it was very low. Been on vitD supplements ever since and the level came up a pretty good bit.

Doc said low vit D can lead to higher risk of cancer....which led me to ask...why the F hasn't anyone ever mentioned or tested for that before?!?!? Wait till I'm 48 and get a kidney yanked out before bringing up that point.

So I'll now be getting Vit D tested with other blood work twice a year.

Happy to hear that you're finally getting enough D.

May 8, 2020, 1:21 PM

Bad things happen when you don't get D on the regular.

I'll take your word for it***

May 8, 2020, 1:30 PM

Hey, I'm not the one who quadrupled my D intake, fella.

May 8, 2020, 1:35 PM

I'll take YOUR word for it. :)

Hole up now...

May 8, 2020, 1:53 PM

let's be clear.

I originally started with N0 D intake.

Cook dinner all your life, nobody calls you a chef....***

May 8, 2020, 2:12 PM

I tell you what,

May 8, 2020, 2:25 PM

Ineligible user® has been cracking me up lately. Not just the occasional funny boater video from the gram either.

THIS IS GOOD CONTENT HERE, FOLKS

I've been saying it for years, the only difference between

May 8, 2020, 2:26 PM

him and lakebum is about 25 years I'd say. Give or take 5 years.

you have turned a corner

May 8, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to I tell you what, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, as G pointed out Dr John Campbell was saying this weeks

May 8, 2020, 12:49 PM

ago. He was actually a bit perturbed in one of his videos that nobody was talking about Vitamin D. It is well known that Vit D is key to a healthy immune system. And that regardless of the supplements you take, the best source is sunshine.

He brought it up again when news hit that blacks seem to be particularly vulnerable to COVID and have worst symptoms, in general. He pointed out Vit D deficiency is common in blacks, due to skin color. It's easier for fair skinned folks to "soak up the sun" and produce Vit D. The darker the skin, the less Vit D is produced.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Next thing you know, they'll tell us over use of hand

May 8, 2020, 1:04 PM

sanitizer and other cleaning products can actually be detrimental to our immune system!

IIRC, over use of Hand Sanitizer is kinda bad for you***

May 8, 2020, 1:11 PM

They just stated that too much sunscreen leads to getting

May 8, 2020, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Next thing you know, they'll tell us over use of hand ]

the 'rona.

So which would you rather die from? Skin cancer, or 'rona rot?

Did someone actually state that?

May 8, 2020, 1:50 PM

What will be the next action we take to stop the rona? Stop wiping our #####?

Why do you think there's no TP on the shelves?***

May 8, 2020, 2:00 PM

We'll look back and say that the biggest impact COVID

May 8, 2020, 2:04 PM

had on our lives was turning retail stores into a CATBUS.

Personally, I'm going to enjoy looking back in a few years

May 8, 2020, 2:05 PM

at the threads of all the conspiracies that many are espousing.

"Bill Gates and Fauci want to take your Freedoms!!)

Yeah, sure they do buddy..sure they do.

Laugh all you want, but this has proven my long held

May 8, 2020, 2:12 PM

conspiracy theory that this country is run by, for lack of a better term, retarded people. From county officials, to state and federal, our government is a top to bottom clown show. These are not intelligent people calling the shots, I bet some of them can't even read. Seriously.

That's the truth, not a conspiracy theory

May 8, 2020, 2:13 PM

When I watch the news, they might as well just mute it, put it in fast forward, and put the Benny Hill music to it.

That's why I don't watch the news

May 8, 2020, 2:17 PM

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

I'M MAKIN' CHEESE CUBES WITH MY HANDS LIKE A WOLF***

May 8, 2020, 2:28 PM

more ammo for this theory

May 8, 2020, 2:31 PM

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/apt.15777

interesting...again, I guess no mystery why NYC got hammered

May 8, 2020, 4:12 PM

it was the perfect storm for them. Population density. Highrise apts & offices with a gazillion people touching the same doors and elevator buttons. Packed subways. Not a lot of outside activity unless they go on vacation or a city park. Not enough good sunlight most of the year...

Chicken or egg with this one.

May 8, 2020, 2:41 PM

Those most likely to be exposed to rona are the ones with less vitamin D. Older people, people who stay indoors in closed ventilation systems all day, and who don't exercise (fat), etc.

Do the measures it takes to get more vitamin D, and you're less exposed.

That doesn't make Vitamin D a cure. I means more fresh air, less exposure.

Just another way to look at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not like you have to choose between hiding in your

May 8, 2020, 2:54 PM

basement for a year vs going to a dance club tonight packed with 500 people. I'm sheltering in place pretty dang hard... I think I've left the house 3 or 4 times in 6 weeks. But on sunny days I go for a walk in the neighborhood or just sit outside for a while and work on my tan. Just try to get a little sun...

i go out about 5 days a week***

May 8, 2020, 2:59 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic