Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guess what! I'm not an alumni
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Guess what! I'm not an alumni

Nov 20, 2014, 7:33 PM

But I bleed orange just as much as the alumni's do. I fell in love with Clemson before I fell in love with a girl. I love Clemson and everything about it. When I make trips up there, which is about twice a year, I embrace every moment win or loss. I get on my feet and yell to the top of my lungs even when we're playing teams like scstate. As a kid, my friends didn't understand how I could love one school so much and honestly I didn't either, Theres just something in those hills and you don't have to live there 4 to 5 years to realize that. It took me one day. I wish I could go back in time and make more of an effort to attend Clemson but I can't do that and it doesn't change my passion for Clemson. So to those of you (viastimil) who say that only alumni's are the only ones who really love Clemson, well u can eff off. I can guarantee you the majority of those 80000 fans that fill death valley every Saturday are just like me. We are all a family and if you don't see that well I guess YOU'RE not a true fan. Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you are a PAID Tigernet Supporter!***

Nov 20, 2014, 7:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Yes sir

Nov 20, 2014, 7:43 PM

And proud of it

Re: Guess what! I'm not an alumni

Nov 20, 2014, 7:35 PM

I'm proud to consider you Part of my Clemson Family! To h3ll with what others think!

If we are a family

Nov 20, 2014, 7:41 PM

You are my distant twice removed special needs cousin

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Nov 20, 2014, 7:44 PM

Gold cup for you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 7:45 PM

Preach it. I never went to Clemson. I joined the military. I am 4 classes from my bachelors degree and if Clemson offered an online Bachelors degree I would quit my school right now and start over just so I could get a degree from Clemson. My closet is divided by Clemson and not Clemson. Its well over half Clemson. Every place I have ever gone in my almost 11 year career, everyone knows how much I love Clemson. Who ever said you have to have gone to Clemson in order to truly love Clemson doesn't really know what it means to love Clemson. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2014, 7:55 PM

I agree 100%

My Friend, you don't have to defend your allegiance to

Nov 20, 2014, 8:10 PM

anyone.

I am a Clemson alumnus, Class of 1969, and I spent most of my four years there trying to encourage students, faculty, staff and others outside our environs to stand tall for Clemson.

You are as much a Clemson brother as anyone, and I'm d@mn proud to say so!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Friend, you don't have to defend your allegiance to

Nov 20, 2014, 8:22 PM

Clemson would be nothing without 'fans'! IPTAY was formed with donors who probably never saw Clemson College. The early lifeblood of Clemson and IPTAY was the thousands of agricultural South Carolinians who learned of the University through the farm agents and extension workers who helped them with their crop problems. Same for the textile industry. Clemson is and always has been a college of the citizens of the state of S.C. With that said, those who have'paid the price' have a special love for the university. We can all live with that.

GO TIGERS GO DABO GO COLE BEAT EVERYONE

IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THAT ....YOU AIN'T CLEMSON

Nov 20, 2014, 8:24 PM

What's with the hate on non alumni today? Some of the biggest Clemson supporters I know didn't go there. I'm as proud as anyone to be a Clemson alum and its definitely special to be able to show that class ring, but non alums to me are just as much fans. If anything they're bigger fans because they have no affiliation with the school and still support it harder than a lot of graduates do.....is there a link to the post from earlier that I'm hearing everyone talk about?

Re: Guess what! I'm not an alumni (Me neither)

Nov 20, 2014, 8:24 PM

I would like to suggest that those of us that didn't get a degree from CU could quite possibly be bigger Clemson fans than those who did get a degree there. You are Clemson, because you went to school there. I am Clemson because I choose to be Clemson every day. I could be the fan of any school, but I chose Clemson. My reasons are as deep and as varied as many of the non-alumni, but I am here by a choice I make every day and for no other reason. Go Tigers! (all of us)

I'm kinda jealous of non-alumni/Clemson grads

Nov 20, 2014, 8:55 PM

you guys have fallback teams that you can root for when things go bad. Clemson is my only team and school I ever attended, so I have no other team. You guys can pull for Carson-Newman, or Citadel, or whatever school you went to outside of Clemson. I don't have a vested interest in anybody else, so I'm stuck when the team is terrible. You guys can put the orange in the closet and put on the College of Charleston cap.

I have a good friend who grew up a Kentucky fan, but went to school at Tennessee. So he pulls for KY when they are good and TN when they are good (usually one of them is in any given sport). I always thought that was not fair.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm kinda jealous of non-alumni/Clemson grads

Nov 20, 2014, 9:25 PM

Those kinda fans aren't true fans. If Clemson loses or has a bad season I'm still all Clemson no matter what. I've got a big orange tiger paw on back of my truck and I'm not taking it off just bc we do bad. I honestly dont like those kinda fans, whether they pull for Clemson or not. I remember this die hard Georgia fan a few yrs back was hyping the GA vs SC game up all week. He was kept going on about how bad they were going to beat them. Well this was the 2012 game when SC stomped GA. The very next day at work he came in wearing a GA hat despite them getting embarrassed. Even though I don't like GA, I had to give him some respect for doing that. I'm a tiger through thick and thin but I wasnt out wearing my Clemson shirt the day after the WV game or FSU game last year lol. But those are the fans I like, the ones who stick with their team

Nov 20, 2014, 8:29 PM

One of the great things about Clemson University is that there is a unique relationship between the University and the people from surrounding towns. It is actually quantified in one of the college polls. The relationship is always ranked as one of the best of any school in the country. Those that aren't alum but love Clemson make it a special place. And the University makes the lives of its neighbors special. The problem I see is not alum vs non alum. The answer is in what many have defined as a Clemson man/woman. The ones that bleed orange. The family. I think the problem are the ones that are true orange and only consider Clemson something to brag about. So when we're down they're embarrassed. I think a Clemson man/ woman, whether alum or not hates to lose but wouldn't boo or be embarrassed. No matter the outcome. Unfortunately there's a boisterous, self important group of Xbox coaches that argue just to argue.

Nov 20, 2014, 8:46 PM

I,too am not an alumni,but my wife,an uncle,two cousins,and a great great aunt are a part
of Clemson history.Fortunately for me,I married into ,and am glad I did.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic