Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guess what ?????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1,833

Guess what ?????

Feb 12, 2013, 10:46 AM

ALL the Clemson fans who post on this site can really become Clemson Tiger supporters for $2.70 a week. JOIN IPTAY! Best money you will ever spend for Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess what ?????

Feb 12, 2013, 10:48 AM

Chicken butt?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Beat me to it. Point.***

Feb 12, 2013, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Soooooo.....

Feb 12, 2013, 11:09 AM

Being an IPTAY member makes you a real Clemson Tiger supporter?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Soooooo.....

Feb 12, 2013, 11:20 AM

No just one with a little less money.

And a tax deduction***

Feb 12, 2013, 12:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Absolutely. With the emphasis on SUPPORTER.***

Feb 12, 2013, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Soooooo..... ]

SO,

Feb 12, 2013, 11:31 AM

I can't be a real Clemson Fan if I don't donate to IPTAY?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

You're confusing "supporter" and "fan"***

Feb 12, 2013, 11:48 AM

I'm glad you say that....

Feb 12, 2013, 11:58 AM

Let's even dumb it down to Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary definition of supporter.

2)a fan of a sports team

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/supporter

Seems I'm not the one that's confused.

Fine, I was trying to be nice. You're not a real fan.

Feb 12, 2013, 1:49 PM

Better?

You weren't trying to be nice....

Feb 12, 2013, 1:55 PM

you were trying to be a d!ck and now the only way to cover for your stupidity is to backtrack.

Also, It's absolutely ridiculous if you think the only way to be a real fan is to donate to IPTAY.

Do you donate to your Alma Mater student scholarship fund? Do you donate to whatever your political preference may be? I can keep going....

You're too funny. Why are you trying to pick a fight?

Feb 12, 2013, 2:07 PM

Having a bad day?

I was just yanking your chain when I said you weren't a real fan because you are not an IPTAY member, because it seemed like that is what you were fishing for.

Obviously, when I was talking about the difference between fan and supporter, I was talking about financials.

Now to be serious for a moment... IPTAY is a terrific organization and it does a lot of good for the athletic teams we all love. I would encourage anyone who has the means to make a donation if they can.

No, not a bad day

Feb 12, 2013, 2:10 PM

and I'm personally an IPTAY donor and agree 100% that it's a great organization. However, I hate it when it's worded if you aren't a member you can't possibly be a real fan.

IMHO if you profess to be a Clemson fan or supporter, you

Feb 12, 2013, 2:18 PM

should want to help the program. You help the program by joining Iptay. I guess it is like putting your money where your mouth is. If you can't afford it .....fine. If you can afford it, hit your hip and contribute.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that...

Feb 12, 2013, 2:23 PM

Joining IPTAY is a way to help the program. However, there are many other ways to help Clemson.

But that's the thing, no one was suggesting you're not a

Feb 12, 2013, 2:20 PM [ in reply to No, not a bad day ]

real tiger fan if you don't donate to IPTAY. I'm sure the OP referenced "supporter" the same way I did...financially. It just appeared you were looking for something that wasn't there.

Thats like 10 cases of beer.

Feb 12, 2013, 2:23 PM

I must contribute to the tailgate fund.

I read it in a literal sense.***

Feb 12, 2013, 2:25 PM [ in reply to But that's the thing, no one was suggesting you're not a ]

I love semantics Internet fights!

Feb 12, 2013, 2:27 PM [ in reply to No, not a bad day ]

I would say that the word supporter carries a heavier connotation that you actually do something to support the thing you're a fan of...other than rooting for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yes, I donate to both IPTAY and the Clemson Fund***

Feb 12, 2013, 2:26 PM [ in reply to You weren't trying to be nice.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Me too and here's the real kicker...

Feb 12, 2013, 2:28 PM

I didn't even attend Clemson.

Thanks for your support from one who did & supports both.

Feb 12, 2013, 2:34 PM

There is something in those hills!

Re: You weren't trying to be nice....

Feb 12, 2013, 4:55 PM [ in reply to You weren't trying to be nice.... ]

Yes I certainly do donate to the scholarship funds at Clemson in addition to IPTAY. Just as you should if you are in a position to do so. IPTAY began on contributions by many, many people who were NOT graduates of Clemson but supported the university because of their relationship with the Extension Departments, Home Ec., Four H etc. And since you called me a #### I can give you another definition of 'supporter' if you care to hear it!!! GO TIGERS.

i wanna be an athletic supporter!!!***

Feb 12, 2013, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Absolutely. With the emphasis on SUPPORTER.*** ]

jock strap???***

Feb 12, 2013, 12:04 PM

Yep***

Feb 12, 2013, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Soooooo..... ]

Re: Yep***

Feb 12, 2013, 5:01 PM

I am afraid some of our 'supporters' give only lip service and lack the balls to back up their devotion to Clemson.lol

Feb 12, 2013, 11:25 AM

Or you can make anonymous donations to IPTAY and you won't be violating NCAA rules for buying a prospect a ticket and taking him to a game.

Feb 12, 2013, 1:37 PM

I am already a contributing member to IPTAY.

Feb 12, 2013, 1:54 PM

Institution of Professional Trolls And Yardbirds?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2013, 1:54 PM

It just makes me someone who likes to get ACC Basketball tournament tickets and a parking space that makes Clemson fans mad every 2 years.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1,833
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic