Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl?

Jan 7, 2016, 6:18 PM

Seventy-five (75)!!! That's something ESPN didn't tell you did they? If he gains 75 yards against Clemson ......... they lose. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl?

Jan 7, 2016, 6:20 PM

Did you see the game?

Seriously, if I was a Clemson guy, I would take paws at the fact Henry was cast into a supporting actor role, abd Bama still rolled

If Coker has 30+ pass attempts against us...

Jan 7, 2016, 6:23 PM

It means you're playing catch up. We aren't Michigan State.

I would agree with you if Michigan State wasn't

Jan 7, 2016, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl? ]

a terribly overrated team.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my perception wasn't that Michigan St stopped Henry....

Jan 7, 2016, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl? ]

Rather Bama never really had to use him....but I watch a lot of football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my perception wasn't that Michigan St stopped Henry....

Jan 7, 2016, 6:34 PM

Also, a lighter workload for King Henry bodes well for Bama

There is not a guy in Clemson's starting secondary

Jan 7, 2016, 8:40 PM

that will not play on Sunday's. MSU cannot say that. If Coker throws it as much against us as he did against MSU, the trophy will be in DEATH VALLEY, and a tombstone will be going up with your name on it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my perception wasn't that Michigan St stopped Henry....

Jan 7, 2016, 10:34 PM [ in reply to my perception wasn't that Michigan St stopped Henry.... ]

I would have to agree.

Jan 7, 2016, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl? ]

I hope he's a role player and tries to throw a block on the d line

Jan 7, 2016, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl? ]

Take off the Bama glasses. Michigan St's pass D is ranked 70th in the country! Nothing for Coker to beat his chest about. They sold out and stopped the run. Big difference is that we can sell out and still stop/contain the pass because our comers have a pulse. You are just lol every other fan we've encountered this season. You come here, run your mouth, lose, and we never hear from you again. Alabama has played one team that's offense is on par with Clemson's and they lost. Clemson played the #1 D in the country and put up 35.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 6:22 PM

To bring reality to the situation here....

State's defense is specifically designed to stop that power run...much like Bama's is. It's no surprise he only got 75 yards considering State sold completely out to stop it. Look at what they did in the air

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Bama didn't need him to win

Jan 7, 2016, 6:26 PM

He only ran 20 times

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama didn't need him to win

Jan 7, 2016, 6:40 PM

Funny, isn't it, that Bama's doofus coaches could design a gameplan that utilized their no good, trash QB to dominate the #3 team in the country without even trying to use the Heisman winner?

Manuel, Winston, and Sims called to thank Coker for cleaning their jock straps***

Jan 7, 2016, 7:26 PM

Jan 7, 2016, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama didn't need him to win ]

Without using their heisman rb??

The predator ran the ball 20 times!! What the hell are you talking about?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a light load compared to his normal 50 carries a game...

Jan 8, 2016, 12:56 AM

haha

I'm not reading too much into it, Phil...

Jan 7, 2016, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama didn't need him to win ]

I don't think you should either

Jan 7, 2016, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Bama didn't need him to win ]

Bah! "Only" 20 carries... Crazy they work that guy so hard. 20-25 is a full game load, not 40-47 carries.

Jan 7, 2016, 6:38 PM

And in the process they made a mediocre QB look like Joe Montana. ...

Jan 7, 2016, 6:46 PM

"And in the process they made a mediocre QB look like Joe Montana. ... "

ED ZACKERY !

Jan 7, 2016, 6:50 PM

Henry will be a decoy once again against Clemson.

Pass Bama Pass.***

Jan 7, 2016, 7:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

After the third INT, Satan will be kickin' Lame's ####...***

Jan 7, 2016, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2016, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl? ]

Lord I hope so , because if you think that your passing game will be the reason you beat Clemson. ..then son y'all are already beaten .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 7, 2016, 9:32 PM

Dalvin Cook had 200 yds against Clemson .
Didn't matter . The problem with having success on our defense is that our offense gets to come back out on the field .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Hope you're right BBDylan

Jan 7, 2016, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Guess how many yards Derrick Henry had in the Cotton Bowl? ]

That would play right into our hands. Just as Bama will be the most physical team Clemson has faced - Clemson will be the most physical team Bama has faced.

Difference is, we are much more versatile on offense

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Hope you're right BBDylan

Jan 7, 2016, 11:22 PM

We can make bamas front 7 d a weakness with screens, draws, option, QB runs, which will allow us to sustain drives with tempo so they can not sub, making their depth nice but unable to change out without a timeout or until the next drive. We can pick on their db's. For everything Bama wants to do on d we can counter.

Coker is going to be having nightmares about this defense for the rest of his life.

I think Bama can still win the game...through special teams if we don't take care of business.

Jan 7, 2016, 6:51 PM

Guess who has the #1 total defense in all of FBS? Boston College. Look what Clemson did to BC. Alabama's total defense is ranked #2. Wait and see what we do to that defense.
Michigan State's defense is ranked #26. Clemson's defense is ranked #6. Big difference.

Jan 7, 2016, 8:47 PM

Remember when Herschel Walker came to Death Valley and had never fumbled ,., Lost the handle
on the ball 3 times that day ,. Why did you fumble Herschel ., I have never been hit that hard ,.

Re: I think MSU said the same thing.......

Jan 7, 2016, 9:23 PM

we see how that game turned out. You guys are acting like Bama can't score on Clemson if you shut down a certain facet of the offense.

NC State scored 41 on Clemson and they barely have a winning record.
Syracuse scored 27 on Clemson and they are 4-8.
South Carolina scored 32 and they went 3-9.

It kinda like I had to tell a Notre Dame fan that I met a few years ago. He told me "we always find a way to win", to which I replied, "yeah, but look who you've had to find a way to win against; Purdue, Air Force, etc".

Bama is a higher grade than these .500 teams that you all played. I don't dispute you have a great team with a great QB, but you need a little perspective.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Jan 7, 2016, 9:36 PM

We need perspective ? You gumps think.the sun rises and sets on your lauded football team ?
I think y'all are about to get a whole new view of what it means to get beaten by a better team . Better not because of talk , or conference affiliates , or supposed SOS , but just better .
Prepare to pepper thine angus .

DB23

Jan 7, 2016, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I think MSU said the same thing....... ]

So what we won.....we can compare Bama games too! And didn't someone beat your ### in Tuscaloosa?

Jan 7, 2016, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: I think MSU said the same thing....... ]

Hate to say it but this guy's right and one of the few people on here who has some sort of football IQ. Clemson will have to play their absolute greatest game of the year to win this game. Anyone who thinks we are going to score easily just doesn't have a clue. Whichever defense plays better in the red zone will ultimately be the deciding factor.
Clemson defense is only good when Clemson defense wants to be. They are susceptible to big plays and huge breakdowns. At least mores than Alabama defense. Clemson will have to play Grade A in all facets of the game all four quarters and every snap to win this game. Do u think they are capable? Of course.

oklahoma scored 17 and their offense..

Jan 7, 2016, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I think MSU said the same thing....... ]

is better than all three of those teams from a talent stand point

oklahoma scored 17 and our offense..***

Jan 7, 2016, 10:31 PM

Re: oklahoma scored 17 and their offense..

Jan 7, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to oklahoma scored 17 and their offense.. ]

OU scored 14 points on penalties that sustained drives. Those two PIs were ridiculous. If it wasn't for that OU might have only scored 3 lets be honest here..

well yeah..just pointing out to the bama homer..

Jan 7, 2016, 10:53 PM

that by his logic ou should have had over 1k yards and 50 points vs us based on what we did against ncstate,cuse and usuc

Re: oklahoma scored 17 and their offense..

Jan 7, 2016, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: oklahoma scored 17 and their offense.. ]

In addition, Clemson generally played conservative in 4th quarter on offense and played soft defense. Probably could have scored at least 7 points more in 4th quarter in most games and held opponents to fewer points if we stayed aggressive. So I think margins of victory are skewed downward. Bama fans often site their better 4th quarter performances relative to ours. However, if we're down or in a tight game in 4th against Bama, we stay aggressive. If we're down two scores in 4th, I don't think we're automatically out of it. Think Patriots 4th Q against Seahawks in super bowl.

Oklahoma scored 17 and they are 11-2 with the number 7

Jan 7, 2016, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I think MSU said the same thing....... ]

ranked offense in the country. Ole Miss put 43 on Bama and they lost to Florida, Memphis, and Arkansas.........

yeah, , yeah,,there were a bunch of Sooner dooshtrolls over

Jan 7, 2016, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I think MSU said the same thing....... ]

here a few days ago saying the same stupid BS you are......you're gonna lose...prepare yourself

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, sir. It's you who needs perspective. The fact you would come on our bored and dismiss our

Jan 8, 2016, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Re: I think MSU said the same thing....... ]

undefeated record based upon our acc opponents. You fail to see that Clemson has beaten the same number of ten win teams this year and beat arguably one of the best teams in the playoff in Oklahoma.

Jan 7, 2016, 10:33 PM

You didn't give us a chance to guess...

this is not a joke. 39 yards total.

Jan 8, 2016, 1:22 AM

Write it down

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic