Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guess I'm a debbie downer because Im not as impressed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Guess I'm a debbie downer because Im not as impressed

Jun 6, 2016, 12:10 AM

with this year as everyone else. If youre good enough to be a Natl seed, then you need to at least win your home regional.

Yeah we were better than expected, and winning the ACCT was fun. But at the end of the day, you play for the post season and going 0-2 like Jack did his last two years and 2-2 when your a Natl seed are as equally disappointing so it doesnt make any difference.

Looking ahead to next year, we need to make some significant changes on defense and find some pitching. We wont make a Super until we do those things.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and the fact we are getting outscored 21-4 by 1 team***

Jun 6, 2016, 12:13 AM

Re: Guess I'm a debbie downer because Im not as impressed

Jun 6, 2016, 12:14 AM

Tell'em Coot!

Lack of pitching depth was bound to catch up during

Jun 6, 2016, 12:14 AM

tournament time.

Stupids weather delay didn't help either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lack of pitching depth was bound to catch up during

Jun 6, 2016, 7:12 AM

Pitching was fine and has been. When you can't field the ball it makes it awful hard on the pitchers

Fire Monte!

Jun 6, 2016, 12:15 AM

You're a joke bro. It's obvious Ok State was the better team this regional. Sure it sucks but sometimes you just gotta tip your cap and move on. It was great season but the best is yet to come.

Their coach said that was the best they have played all year***

Jun 6, 2016, 8:07 PM

Jun 6, 2016, 12:16 AM

Lame. Learn how to appreciate the good things. We want to win it all every year in every sport. Guess what, that ain't easy to do. This team far overcame expectations, and they deserve your respect for that. Shame on you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think the committee put too much stock in us

Jun 6, 2016, 12:19 AM

Winning the ACC tournament. We had a good record, but that was padded by the midweek results. In conference play we were middle of the pack. Should we have been a #1 region seed, yes. National seed? Think was a bit much. We just got a tough draw w/ the #2 seed. Look @ other places, Ole Miss & Vandy went 0-2 at home, Virginia got knocked out @ home w/ only 1 win. Not advancing sucks, but we could've done worse than 2-2.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2016, 12:19 AM

Well Debbie...ladies shouldn't talk about Youngs they have no understanding of.

We got hot at the right time and garnered a national seed as much on reputation (albeit an old reputation) as our streaking hot play at the end of the season. And this OSU staff pinched crazy good all 3 games. Best performing staff we've faced all year.

Louisville has better talent but in this series these guys pitched better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2016, 12:21 AM

You are beyond a Debbie downer. Did you come to one regional game? These kids played their hearts out. Ok St is a well coached ball club that found their bats at the end of the season. This team is young and our pitching is weak. Our boys are still fighting I this game. And yes I am in the stands. Been here for every game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand somewhat your point ,but it is the ....

Jun 6, 2016, 12:22 AM

viewpoint of a debbie downer...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our pitching's average and the defense sucks, but ww can hit***

Jun 6, 2016, 12:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2016, 12:30 AM

Screw you Debbie, I'm sure it's miserable being you!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are a ####

Jun 6, 2016, 12:48 AM

and cannot even your church softball team.

debbie downer - no; royal dumbazz - hail yes....

Jun 6, 2016, 1:12 AM

I think it's time for a little growing up for you,

now don't you think?

Jun 6, 2016, 1:17 AM

We hadn't won the ACC in a decade. We haven't hosted a regional in several years. We took the season series against the Coots and FSU. This team accomplished a lot. Now, to get blown out by the same team twice-- and the #2 seed in your own regional, no less-- leaves a very bitter taste, that's for sure. But, when you look at the big picture, it was a successful first year for the program and for Monte. The future is bright.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all true but the season ends in the same round as the

Jun 6, 2016, 1:31 AM

previous years

NOBODY and mean NOBODY expected the Tigers

Jun 6, 2016, 5:50 AM

to be where they are and for anyone to say they weren't impressed with this team this year is either ignorant or just didn't understand the challenges this team faced at the beginning of the year. This team did what it did despite the fact they had no pitching and fielding was horrid which the fielding and pitching had been here for awhile so it wasn't this staffs fault they were limited. I just can't wrap my head around a Tiger fan saying they weren't impressed with this year, its beyond me. All I can get from it is that the people that feel this way are the ones you can't make happy. Y'all are the ones who complain about a win because they didn't score enough or because the other team should have won or something stupid like that. OK State was a heck of a team that went something like 34-15 after staring 2-5 so they are a team that probably should have hosted. Winning a Natty is the prize and this team wasn't good enough to win a Natty this year so crying about when they went out is ridiculous because they were going to get a eliminated eventually you can't be that reliant on your bats to win games because good pitching teams do what OK State did and shut bats down and you have to be able to counter that and the Tigers didn't have that. I am glad the fans at The Doug didn't feel that way and gave these guys a standing ovation for the ride they provided. Also when coach and Okey talk about the best fans in the country they aren't talking about you guys that complain about everything and that for sure.....

nobody expected this team to make regional?***

Jun 6, 2016, 11:55 AM

Re: NOBODY and mean NOBODY expected the Tigers

Jun 6, 2016, 11:22 PM [ in reply to NOBODY and mean NOBODY expected the Tigers ]

TLDR - but anyone who didn't expect a Clemson baseball team to make a regional is the one who doesn't know anything about Clemson baseball and needs to stop pretending they know anything about it. 12 CWS in 50 years and we fired a coach for being one year off that pace. Quit acting like this year was exceptional. It's insulting.

Jun 6, 2016, 1:19 AM

Jun 6, 2016, 7:03 PM

Darn it, Debbie! You are not going to spoil my visit to Disney World! Now, I didn't say anything at "It's a Small World" when you went on about low birth weight in babies or during the fireworks when you started talking about Feline AIDS.....

Jun 6, 2016, 8:09 PM

There is no way a real Clemson fan is dumb enough to post this kind of crap

Troll poast? I'll tell you why this season was monumentally

Jun 6, 2016, 8:17 PM

better than last season and how it exceeded expectations. 1. The emergence of the national player of the year in Seth Beer. 2. Offensive fireworks show most games. 3. More comeback and late inning wins than I ever seen Clemson do in my lifetime in one season, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: 4. The ACC tournament title. Winning it in a year when the ACC is the highest rated RPI conference in the country.

Take that back to Cola and get off our board.

Re: Troll poast? I'll tell you why this season was monumentally

Jun 6, 2016, 8:42 PM

One stat that struck me while watching the game is how we have had about double the home runs this year as compared to the previous 3 years. Something like 70 this year and about 35 in each of the previous 3 years. Numbers not exact.....but close. Too lazy to look it up right now. I think that is an impressive improvement. I know home runs aren't everything but they sure do add to the excitement and can make for some high scoring games.

Re: Troll poast? I'll tell you why this season was monumentally

Jun 6, 2016, 11:23 PM

The ball was changed specifically to increase home runs and we moved home plate forward. It isn't some sudden burst of power.

OK, tell that to the Tiger hitters and

Jun 6, 2016, 11:49 PM

the opponents who played at Kingsmore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, tell that to the Tiger hitters and

Jun 7, 2016, 12:12 AM

The top ten teams in 2016 have hit 798 home runs versus 702 last year. The bottom 10 teams have hit 98 versus 72. I don't feel like adding up the total home runs of 295 division 1 baseball teams but that is a huge statistical deviation. You can pass the message along.

Jun 7, 2016, 12:44 AM

So.....you are saying that:

For the top 10 teams....there is only a 13.7 % increase in HRs.

For the bottom 10 teams....there is a 36.1% increase on HRs.

For Clemson, we hit 35 home runs last season and 75 this season. So...Clemson has had a 114% increase in HRs.

Seems statistically significant to me.

Not that I care. This team entertained me for hours and I appreciated every second of it.

Jun 7, 2016, 8:10 AM

Viztiz doesnt care about facts. he just gets happy when Clemson loses in a sport and bets against them.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jun 7, 2016, 8:44 AM

Exactly which games were you at this weekend mister I only support Clemson on the Internet?

Jun 7, 2016, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: OK, tell that to the Tiger hitters and ]

So no the rest of the country for the most part didnt double their HR output.

Thanks for proving his point.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jun 7, 2016, 8:42 AM

Most of the rest of the country didn't move home plate nor have the top freshman hitter in America. It's irrefutable that there has been a significant jump in the number of HRs this year. Yes, we're a top outlier due to those additional factors. They talked about it during the game 6 broadcast. You're actually just denying facts now to keep up your little feud.

Congrats On The Dumbest Post of 2016***

Jun 6, 2016, 10:25 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the year is young***

Jun 6, 2016, 11:32 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we got a tough draw with OK St. Thrilled with ACC

Jun 6, 2016, 10:46 PM

Tourney champs

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic