Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CardinalConnect is in denial...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 975

CardinalConnect is in denial...

Feb 6, 2015, 2:24 PM

See last paragraph....

"According to Scout.com’s report, the Louisville staff suggested that Colburn grey-shirt, which means he would not be on scholarship during the 2015 fall semester. This is often used as a way to tell recruits to look elsewhere.

With signing day on Wednesday, Colburn’s coaches at Dutch Fork High School in South Carolina are scrambling to gauge interest from other programs.

The 5-foot-9 running back had interest from a number of programs over the past six months, but he never wavered from his commitment to Louisville.

Unfortunately, this situation is very common in the college football world. I’d say probably more than half of the programs around country have situations like this each year. They get more commitments then they have room for and end up asking someone to grey-shirt."

He is basically saying "over half of the coaches in college football are scumbags, so its not just us"

Also might want to check his stat....I have a hard time believing this happens that often (couple times a year maybe?)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CardinalConnect is in denial...

Feb 6, 2015, 2:30 PM

Most programs probably talk to a kid about grey-shirting but not 6-8 months after committing. Hopefully the NCAA pushes through the early signing period and some other rule changes. It'd be nice if a commitment worked both ways.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like granny said:

Feb 6, 2015, 3:48 PM

'You fool with chit and you'll get it on you.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greyshirt

Feb 6, 2015, 3:49 PM

The way Clemson uses that process is not to run off a prospect, but to still be engaged with prospects that have potential, but the numbers just do not allow you to provide them a scholarship in the class you are signing. That means our coaches see potential, the greyshirt is the only realistic route for that player to commit in that you count them in the next class.

Petrino is like OBS, what have you done for me lately? OBS fires players every year and Petrino is not different, he has just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar! What he done to Colburn is not right and it will cost him in SC in the near future!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 975
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic