Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gregg Doyel.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,515

Gregg Doyel.....

May 10, 2014, 7:33 AM

BL: Houston, which some had thought would take Johnny Manziel with their No. 1 pick, instead went with South Carolina defensive lineman Jadeveon Clowney. Good choice for the Texans and how soon do we know about that?
GD: You know if he does one of those lightning bolt games — I mean he’s a guy who could get four sacks his first game — we could know right off the bat this is going to work out. But that’s a scary pick. He had the worst season of anybody in the first round. Three sacks in 12 [to] 13 games for this freak athlete. That is the worst production of anyone in the draft. Therefore I don’t like it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that Clowney's been drafted, there is a given:

May 10, 2014, 7:41 AM

He'll have about $25+ million reasons to produce. So will several others, including Sammy.

I congratulate all these young men, wish them well, and now will divert my attention to the most pressing matter at hand: our upcoming slugfest in August against the DWAGGGGGGGGGS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shoudda drafted a QB, someone to get the ball

May 11, 2014, 5:46 PM

in Nuk's hands. Nuk plays hard EVERY play.

Re: Gregg Doyel.....

May 11, 2014, 5:54 PM

No offense to Doyel (well - I actually always want to offend him), but Clowney was double-teamed on possibly every play. That will not happen in the NFL. Teams won't be able to leave the RB in the backfield just to protect the QB like college teams did. I mean - they can - but they won't. It doesn't work the same in the NFL. There will be other great D-linemen coming for the QB, so teams cannot concentrate on Clowney.

I think we will see soon enough. For me - I'm glad he's gone. I just wish Nuk didn't have to play on the same team as he and Swearinger.

May 11, 2014, 7:35 PM

And if I remember correctly, Jonathan Joseph, who was a CB several years ago at Carolina, is also at Houston.

May 12, 2014, 3:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Gregg Doyel..... ]

I really would love to find that guy who keep selling this idea that Clowney was double, tripled and even quadripled teamed so much last year. I watched almost all of USC's games this year and outside of a few sporadic plays , that's a huge lie. They ran away from his side , yes. They changed up blocking assignments to include the TE alone blocking him, yes!! But never , ever for any length of time was he blocked by multiple players. Fact is , he just didn't produce!! He layed down in some games and was out of breath because he was out I shape in others . But that myth needs I go away. Go watch the games again. It didn't happen.

May 12, 2014, 5:18 AM

And don't forget that his coaches didn't coach him right, and that his toe and his chest hurt him and that he wasn't given the same opportunity as other DE's because of scheming OC's and so on and so forth.
Ad Nauseum.In the NFL he won't be able to hide behind Spurrier and the garnet shield. My guess is that he is about to find out that grown up men live in the NFL , and don't play hype ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,515
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic