Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greg McElroy just bashed Deshaun on First Team for not playing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,128

Greg McElroy just bashed Deshaun on First Team for not playing

Jan 24, 2017, 9:16 AM

in the senior bowl in Mobile. Said he won't go high in draft based on film and playing would help. Didn't he watch the last 2 NC where DW4 ran up the score on his beloved Alabama?
Deshaun is smart not to go to that rabid state and play where he just waxed both teams in the same year!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL Desahun Watson writes his resume in Prime Time

Jan 24, 2017, 9:21 AM

there is nothing he needs to prove at that game. Dont be lazy, watch the game film

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: LOL Desahun Watson writes his resume in Prime Time

Jan 24, 2017, 9:36 AM

I agree DW has nothing to prove by playing in the senior bowl. If his performances in the last 2 national championship games are not enough for NFL scouts, then the Senior Bowl would not help.

If I were Watson

Jan 24, 2017, 9:41 AM

I would have had no intentions of playing int he Senior Bowl as I don't think it would've made much of a difference at all, either way. However, if the Browns directly asked him to play then it would've just reinforced my decision to not play in the game.

His career will have a much greater chance at success if he is drafted to a team that gives him a veteran established QB to sit behind for a bit so he can learn the game at that level, and not get thrown to the wolves behind a questionable offensive line.

Plus, he wouldn't have to live in Cleveland, so he'd have that going for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I were Watson

Jan 24, 2017, 9:48 AM

nobody wants to live in Cleveland but someone has to. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I were Watson

Jan 24, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to If I were Watson ]

Very intellectual! He doesn't need to prove a thing so why would a fellow QB like Greg make such an unintelligible comment?

If the Browns think its a good idea, its

Jan 24, 2017, 9:53 AM [ in reply to If I were Watson ]

definitely NOT a good idea.

Good call DW4.

With QB Being such a premium in the NFL

Jan 24, 2017, 9:47 AM

He's already a lock to go in the top 15. No way Cleveland, San Francisco, Chicago, NY Jets, Buffalo, Arizona, all who have QB needs don't take the top 3 or even 4 QB's. There's absolutely zero need for him to prove anything else.

This mock draft has Cleveland not waiting until their 2nd pick like most think, and grabbing him #1 over all

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000778266/article/threeround-mock-draft-deshaun-watson-goes-no-1-to-browns

This is more about McElroy not understanding the value of a top ranked QB, because he wasn't one. He was borderline draftable. He was a 4 year sr, who probably did use the SR bowl to garner some attention. He was a 7th round pick so he's got zero perspective on how much the NFL values a QB that's even above average. McElroy doesn't know this because he was a below average NFL prospect.

No doubt that Deshaun has some things he'll have to adapt to at the next level, but there's also no doubt he's one of the three best QB's in the draft and the only one who has compiled over 2 years of game film to look at. He doesn't need this and in reality if he had a poor week there it could only hurt his draft stock. He's a lock top 15 pick right now.

Re: With QB Being such a premium in the NFL

Jan 24, 2017, 9:52 AM

Nice breakdown! You beat me as I was posting my question.

he played 30 games in 2 years

Jan 24, 2017, 10:16 AM

most in the history of college football. If you didn't play for Clemson or Alabama, you played somewhere between 24-26.

He probably needs a little rest, don't you think?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yet people say "who?" when you say "greg mcelroy".***

Jan 24, 2017, 10:16 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

+1***

Jan 24, 2017, 12:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greg McElroy drafted in 7th round after his Play

Jan 24, 2017, 10:20 AM

in the 2011 Senior Bowl. Maybe Mr. Watson's energy would be better-utilized preparing for the Combine:)!

Who knows if his insurance policy even covers

Jan 24, 2017, 10:34 AM

an injury in an all star game like that?

Smart move by DW4. Any team that can recognize a winner already wants him.

Re: Greg McElroy just bashed Deshaun on First Team for not playing

Jan 24, 2017, 10:38 AM

Well...Watson isn't in the same boat as McElroy was because he is actually a good QB...Hes not some mediocre shmuck who won off the back of a stellar defense and needs to the Senior Bowl to turn heads...McElroy can eat a weenis

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 24, 2017, 10:58 AM

GM constantly questions Watson's pocket presence and ability to throw from the pocket. I don't get it. If he needs to stay in the pocket and deliver lasers downfield, he can and will.

senior bowl is a joke.. all star game*

Jan 24, 2017, 12:14 PM

Jan 24, 2017, 12:16 PM

He's still bitter about what happened on 1/9.

Jan 24, 2017, 12:24 PM

In my opinion these All Star games rarely do very much to help a QB'S draft stock. And often hurt them. Forget the whole playing under center argument, it's your team mates that I worry about. Often times you are throwing to a guy from Slapnutz State A&M Tech who is hoping to get a look in lower rounds. There is little time to establish timing and cohesiveness, and many QB's come out of these games with horrible passing stats. These games are best suited for the superstars of FCS to play with the middle tier FBS guys, to show they belong. A qb who has broken records every year, played in two titles games and should have at LEAST one Heisman, does NOT need to go to Mobile. Stay home, and train towards Combine and Pro Day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,128
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic