Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greg Huegel Medical Redshirt?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Greg Huegel Medical Redshirt?

Oct 3, 2017, 2:16 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the medical redshirt rule reads that you can apply for a medical redshirt if you have played in 20% or less of the games in a season in which you were injured. So Greg played in 3 games. If we do indeed have another 15 game season, he'd be at 20%. Wonder if this situation has happened with anyone in the playoff era?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greg Huegel Medical Redshirt?

Oct 3, 2017, 2:22 PM

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.

The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.

The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.

The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greg Huegel Medical Redshirt?

Oct 3, 2017, 2:25 PM

Well there you go. Seems he should be able to get a medical? I don't see a great reason for not applying. Perhaps, the only reason is to allow for him to be off of scholarship sooner with younger and more promising talent (Potter) coming in.

He's got one more year. It doesn't sound like he or the

Oct 3, 2017, 2:26 PM

coaches want two more. He was a Lou Groza award finalist last year and an All-American the year before. He's probably going to be as ready as he can be for the NFL at the end of next season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's got one more year. It doesn't sound like he or the

Oct 3, 2017, 2:39 PM

Greg's never been an All American.

He's been All ACC second team the last two years.

Oct 3, 2017, 3:43 PM

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210249889

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 3:52 PM

Really? Sports Illustrated and USA Today? May be true, but that like saying he made the Tigernet All American list.

The AP All American list is the one that matters.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Oct 3, 2017, 4:06 PM

Don't fight it. He's a good kicker. He deserves the accolades.

Oct 3, 2017, 2:55 PM [ in reply to He's got one more year. It doesn't sound like he or the ]

Well in the NFL your expected to make 50+ yard FG's and hes yet to ever do that at Clemson. Hes not a Pro kicker. In the Auburn game we punted from the 38 in the 4th qtr instead of trying a 54 yard fg which would be easy for a NFL kicker. Yet we punted instead of trying to go up 2 scores and put the game away. Obviously Dabo doesn't have confidence in him beyond 50 yards thats why his career high is 48 yards. He hasn't even attempted a FG beyond 50 yards that should tell you something.

You can't be granted a 6th year for a medical redshirt

Oct 3, 2017, 10:19 PM

unless you have missed those 2 years due to medical reasons.

You cannot have a regular redshirt, then a medical redshirt.

I believe Huegel had a conventional redshirt his freshman year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic