Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC baseball game crowd pathetic vs SEC Tourney!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

ACC baseball game crowd pathetic vs SEC Tourney!

May 23, 2018, 6:25 PM

Saying..hardly no one behind home plate or in stadium while sec pretty much packed.

Why the difference in attendance?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because

May 23, 2018, 6:28 PM

we are playing notre dame and the score is 18-3......if it were Clemson-FSU and the score was 3-2 it would be packed

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know why, everyone is at Belks.

May 23, 2018, 6:31 PM

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grads from ACC schools have jobs in the middle of the day***

May 23, 2018, 7:45 PM [ in reply to because ]

Burger flippers and gas pumpers don't work during the day?***

May 24, 2018, 8:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: ACC baseball game crowd pathetic vs SEC Tourney!

May 23, 2018, 7:15 PM

When the tournament was held in Greenville, attendance was great for all games. The Tobacco Road schools did not want to play in Greenville because they said it was essentially a home game for Clemson. So, where has the tournament been held for the last several years? I don't know about the financial situation when the tournament is held in Durham but the conference made money when it was held in Greenville.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2018, 7:58 PM

Move the tourney to downtown Charlotte. The new Knights stadium is awesome.

May 23, 2018, 8:15 PM

charlotte would be well attended.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC baseball game crowd pathetic vs SEC Tourney! ]

Why would you want a venue change when we play so well there? Our team is built for that ballpark. Keep it there please so we can win acc championships. Forget attendance

We typically do well at the Greenville Drive stadium, too***

May 24, 2018, 11:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: We typically do well at the Greenville Drive stadium, too***

May 24, 2018, 12:19 PM

Yes we do but if it ain’t broken don’t fix it. Now if we lose to Miami tonight then “MOVE TO GREENVILLE” lol

You saying it was packed in Greenville

May 23, 2018, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC baseball game crowd pathetic vs SEC Tourney! ]

for Wake vs. Duke? No way. Made more $ in Jacksonvile than anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2018, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC baseball game crowd pathetic vs SEC Tourney! ]

yep in 80's the G-Braves stadium was packed. BUT I think it was FSU coach that complained about it being a home field advantage for the Tigers and it was taken away.

I have always heard it was Mike "Molasses" Martin

May 24, 2018, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC baseball game crowd pathetic vs SEC Tourney! ]

who complained about it being in Greenville.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It just means more. Duhhhh... ??***

May 23, 2018, 7:22 PM

I know the answer to this one

May 23, 2018, 7:30 PM

Going to go with they have more people come to games

Actually Bill, I am here. I’ll meet you and buy you a beer. I’ll be back tomorrow too. Beer offer stands then also

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL---Clemson's radio crew just gave the attendance for this

May 23, 2018, 7:35 PM

game as over 2,000.....must be using big lenses on the cameras.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL---Clemson's radio crew just gave the attendance for this

May 24, 2018, 11:18 AM

I think it's the stupid format

Why do you give a crap what the SEC does?

May 23, 2018, 7:41 PM

They should never be our measuring stick for anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If I’m not mistaken, they play it in Hoover, AL every year.

May 23, 2018, 7:42 PM

And I’d bet it’s a big deal for that community and the locals always support it. Kind of like a smaller scale Omaha.

People in Raleigh-Durham don’t give a crap. The ACC is lucky if those people show up to see their own team play.

May 23, 2018, 8:04 PM

Because the site is convenient to four teams in the conference but the sport is not basketball.

May 23, 2018, 8:13 PM

The ACC officials are a bunch of clowns. With 3 teams in the Triangle area I feel that is giving those teams an advantage because they do not have to travel at all.
They don’t like Greenville because it is like a home game for Clemson! OK I can understand their point but come on! Last year they held the tournament in Louisville of all places!

May 23, 2018, 8:58 PM

If I am not mistaken Greenville still holds the attendance record, something like 42000 total attendance. It was double elimination then, 8 teams.

May 23, 2018, 8:09 PM

Needs to be in Charlotte. The brief stay in FT. Mill at the old Knights stadium was packed.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Greenville drew more than any tournament in the nation outside of Omaha

May 23, 2018, 8:55 PM

ACC cowed to Mike Martin complaining that greenville was Home field advantage for Clemson. Disregard the fact that ACC basketball tourney has been played on Tobacco Road forever with no issue

Cry baby Noles had been in ACC a whopping 3 years

May 23, 2018, 9:03 PM

when front office of ACC caved in. It’s great to hate Florida State

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC baseball game crowd pathetic vs SEC Tourney! ]

Heck do what Basketball does! Move it every third year. In other words play it in Charlotte two years running, then Atlanta, then Jacksonville and finally Washington/ Richmond and go back to Durham, all in a decade. The city/area with best crowds hosts for the next four years and perhaps Swoffie and crew will be long gone so common sense can prevail!

Go Tigers!

Atlanta is easily the best place to play it.

May 23, 2018, 8:11 PM

Many alumni for all schools there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 12:28 AM

SEC mouth breathers aren’t employed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

May 24, 2018, 5:55 AM

Unless you're at the game, no sense in complaining about attendance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 8:33 AM

I like the discussion despite not being at the tournament. Some of us either have to work or cannot afford the trip. All I was suggesting was to move the event like the ACC does for other sports and compare attendance accordingly. I was in no way complaining.

Go Tigers!

May 24, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC baseball game crowd pathetic vs SEC Tourney! ]

Maybe if it was in Greenville they would be there! Just sayin'

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have it at the Joe in Charleston..

May 24, 2018, 10:41 AM

I'd rather go there than Durham.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

SCAR-Arky had a very small crowd last night.***

May 24, 2018, 11:23 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring it back to Greenville and see what happens.***

May 24, 2018, 1:40 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic