Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greenville Families in Plane Crash - Loyal Clemson Fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Greenville Families in Plane Crash - Loyal Clemson Fans

Jul 10, 2013, 11:10 PM

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20130710/WIRE/130719990/0/ARTICLES?p=1&tc=pg

I didn't know the Antonakos or McManus familes from Greenville who passed away on Sunday in a plane crash in Alaska.

But I did learn tonight through article pictures online that I've come into contact with the Antonakos family the last few years - 7 times a year - to be exact.

They were season ticket holders on the row directly in front of ours and loyal Tiger fans. The father, Melet Antonakos, was a Clemson graduate. I had high five'd and celebrated Clemson victories him and his family. Their family loved Clemson and brought loads of energy to the game. The Clemson family will miss some good ones this fall. Their friends and extended families are in our thoughts and prayers. Hits close to home how short and precious our life is on this earth.

God bless!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greenville Families in Plane Crash - Loyal Clemson Fans

Jul 10, 2013, 11:14 PM

Great tribute

Well that sucks...I'm sorry for them and their friends..etc.***

Jul 10, 2013, 11:59 PM

Wow, what a tragedy for these two families!

Jul 11, 2013, 12:26 AM

I did not know any of them, but after reading the article I feel like I did. They sound like such nice, genuine people. I am truly sorry for the surviving family members and friends, and will certainly keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jul 11, 2013, 12:56 AM

My heart also goes out to their families. I think that I saw that the mother, father and kids of both families lost their lives in that crash. That has to be without question a terrible, terrible tragedy for their families left behind. All our prayers will be needed to help these families to heal. May God bless them and speak to their hearts to let them know that their families are indeed in heaven.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2013, 5:51 AM

WOW FootballFan36 I honestly cannot believe your post. It certainly says a lot about your character makeup.I feel sad for you and those around you.....

A FootballFan??????

Jul 11, 2013, 5:58 AM

You must be the "downer" that I sit 3 rows behind.

Folks. There are some really STUPID Clemson Fans.

Long live the Clemson Family.And thank you OP for mentioning such wonderful families and helping me realize they were part of my family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Horrible tragedy.

Jul 11, 2013, 7:46 AM

Prayers for the remaining family and friends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The deaths of the younger among us become more

Jul 11, 2013, 8:38 AM

poignant, as I age, for I realize that they will not be able to experience as many of life's adventures as I have.

I am certain that all members of TNet, regardless of affiliation, offer heartfelt sympathies to their extended families and friends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, that's sad.

Jul 11, 2013, 10:00 PM

RIP.

And right before a season with such high expectations. Sadly, not all of us will be here Aug 31 like we all expect to be.

Another reason to live each day to the fullest!

RIP.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2013, 10:51 AM

He was a great guy. We were in school together.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic