Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So..Roy Philpot future voice of Tigers?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So..Roy Philpot future voice of Tigers?

Oct 8, 2018, 1:33 PM

Thoughts on Roy Philpot as a future "Voice of the Tigers". Personally, he comes across as a tad full of himself but he seems well prepared and calls a good game on ESPN. Certainly much better than what we currently have.

Could he be the future voice of the Tigers?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So..Roy Philpot future voice of Tigers?

Oct 8, 2018, 1:35 PM

Dandy Don isn’t going anywhere

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That ain't gonna happen...

Oct 8, 2018, 1:35 PM

as long a Don Munson is golfing buddies with Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I’d take just about anyone over Don

Oct 8, 2018, 1:36 PM

Had to listen to him on the radio going to a wedding Saturday (FALL SATURDAY WEDDINGS SHOULD BE PUNISHABLE BY LAW) and it was brutal to listen to.

That Pete Yannity guy seems to know what he’s doing, we should give him a try doing play by play.

Better than listening to that lady on ESPN

Oct 8, 2018, 1:39 PM

She's awful

Re: I’d take just about anyone over Don

Oct 8, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to I’d take just about anyone over Don ]

GUESS YOU HAVE NEVER LISTENED TO OTHER PBP GUYS. I LISTEN TO THE OPPOSING PBP GUY AT EVERY AWAY GAME I GO TO. WHILE THERE ARE GOOD ONES THERE ARE SOME THAT SUCK OUT LOUD. THAT GUY IN COOTERVILLE AT THE TOP OF THE LIST. NEVER HAVE EVER FIGURED OUT THE HATRED FOR DON.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d take just about anyone over Don

Oct 8, 2018, 2:03 PM

I figured it was known that Todd Ellis certainly wasn’t in the “take” category. I don’t hate him, he’s just not a good PBP guy. Listening to Don Saturday and then Mick Mixon do the Panthers game Sunday was a glaring juxtaposition and I don’t think Mick is one of the greats by any means.

I would be OK with that as long as he knows what

Oct 8, 2018, 1:42 PM

"crocodile tears" are now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It seems like he would rather become a bigtime

Oct 22, 2018, 11:43 AM

ESPN announcer. He's been slowly moving up. From obscure basketball games to FCS to group of 5 and now he's doing lower Power 5 games. Also he enjoys traveling around.

The Tigers deserve better than what we have. I told my wife

Oct 22, 2018, 11:49 AM

that if we hit on the lottery, I'm going to buy a radio station and negotiate broadcast rights for radio calls so Clemson fans can have a real pbp call. Munson is boring, not detailed, and his tag line annoys me to no end. And no, God is not an issue for me, but not all of God's children say Go Tigers. Its just lame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: The Tigers deserve better than what we have. I told my wife

Oct 22, 2018, 11:58 AM

Where I think Munson falls below tolerable is when he is announcing you have a better idea what is going on on the field by listening to the crowd noise than by what he is saying. PBP guys need to be clear and immediate. No he is not as bad as shameless homer “ARE YOU KIDDING ME!” Todd but that merely damns him by faint praise.

Oct 22, 2018, 12:00 PM

I hope Roy never gets the job

Oct 22, 2018, 12:04 PM

That Tony Castracone that used to do some basketball games was awesome,he should have been the voice of the Tigers in all sports.

Greater Compensation?

Oct 22, 2018, 4:07 PM

Announcing for ESPN or being the Voice of the Tigers? Philpot would be a fool to relinquish his current gig.

Munson is more than just the play by play guy.

Oct 22, 2018, 4:09 PM

He's close to the top in the AD's communication department. He earns a pretty good chunk of change.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Don't you suppose most of that comes from his work that

Oct 22, 2018, 4:13 PM

isn't announcing?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he's a TV guy. You can forget about serious

Oct 22, 2018, 4:12 PM

money being spent on radio talent. Just isn't they way anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic