Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great win over Pups - but one thing bothers me about KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Great win over Pups - but one thing bothers me about KB

Nov 5, 2017, 7:26 AM

The last TD - all three plays were KB running. Last possession, and a 1st down would end the games -you got it KB three straight runs and NO first down.

Why is KB the only play we have on those last two possessions? We have way too many weapons for KB to be the "spotlight."

I am only asking, but, is KB doing this or the coaches?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Great win over Pups - but one thing bothers me about KB

Nov 5, 2017, 7:26 AM

That would be the coaches....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:28 AM

OCs didn't do him any favors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:32 AM

I worry about his passing accuracy...his range looks to be about 20 yards or so...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:35 AM

20 yards might be "too kind." He's a runner, not a passer. Our wide receivers are a wasted resource this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Great win over Pups - but one thing bothers me about KB ]

Kelly has had some good deep ball throws this year but was off yesterday on the deep ball. He has hit a lot of his 20+ yard throws throughout the year but yesterday was a struggle for him even in the short throws. Sometimes a QB has a game like that but the bottom line is he did enough to get the win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 7:34 AM

I agree they were all plays for Bryant so it is on the coaches. A jet sweep or pitch to the corner to 9 or 28 would have been nice. I think at times our Oc's struggle at play calling during the game. Watson was a lot of the reason they looked good the last two years so I am sure it is a learning experience for them this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the one thing bothers me about KB...

Nov 5, 2017, 7:36 AM

Seems like KB puts way too much air on his down field throws... lets say anything over 25 or so yards. Not always, but way too much. Anyone have an explanation for this? He certainly has a tendency to throw a bit high.
Just an opinion.

I'm not sure. It may be agreed by all that our WR corp

Nov 5, 2017, 7:43 AM

Can win out in jump ball situations. Or just really bad passes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take away Feaster's 90 yard run and the RB's

Nov 5, 2017, 7:53 AM

averaged about three yards a carry. Running KB gives you an extra blocker. A lot of folks complaining but I have no issue with it. State had the box stacked and we weren't going to throw it and risk stopping the clock as we didn't want to leave them a TO

Nov 5, 2017, 7:53 AM

The play calls on the last drive were terrible. You have 4 capable backs. 2 of which were capable and fresh. You run KB 3 straight times? A couple of issues with this.

1. KB could have gotten hurt. Limit his runs when you can.
2. The backs are more powerful and would have been more effective against a tired D. Heck you could have put CJ or Adam in at that point with fresh legs and those guys probably get a first on 3 consecutive runs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic