Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great win Tigers, now prove me wrong
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Great win Tigers, now prove me wrong

Jan 29, 2018, 12:08 AM

We have won our share of close games as cm posted earlier. Tonight was a huge win... should give them confidence without Grantham.

That being said, with Grantham I think we beat the tarholes this week and finish 6-3 on our remaining 9 games. Without him I’m thinking 4-5... with possibly being 5-4. Not being negative just realistic.

That would still give us 21-22 wins in reg season and a lock for the dance. I predicted sweet 16 after Florida win but without Grantham, not sure we go that deep.

Prove me wrong Tiger team and make this a “legendary “ year for tiger bball!!!!!

Go Tigers- beat them tarholes cheats.

Message was edited by: kerigantoo®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great win Tigers, now prove me wrong

Jan 29, 2018, 12:10 AM

Cm is CcmoneyTiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is that our early schedule won't be weighted

Jan 29, 2018, 8:07 AM

as heavily by the committee with Grantham, a key component gone. They're going to weigh the post-Grantham performances more heavily. With Grantham still playing, going 4-5 (10-8) would have been a lock. Now I'm not 100% sure that works. I think they'll cut us slack for the UVA performance. The GT win, was a must win regardless. But with the remaining schedule of

UNC
@Wake
Pitt
@FSU
Duke
@VT
GT
FSU
@Cuse

Of those games if we go 4-5 the likely wins are at Wake, Pitt, GT, and either FSU or at VT. So now if you're looking at Clemson's resume without Grantham, that team has either 1 (if you beat FSU at home) or zero wins vs RPI top 50. I'm afraid that may not be sufficient proof that this team without Grantham belongs in the tourney. That would make them 5-6 post-Grantham with 1 RPI top 50 win and a record of 1-6 vs RPI top 100.

I think what's more important than overall record at this point is beating FSU at home and finding another RPI top 50 win (Duke, UNC, at FSU or at Cuse) Also being competitive in all the remaining games will be important. We can't have another UVa type game where we look like we don't belong on the same floor as the RPI top 50 teams. Unfortunately all the quality wins early in the season aren't going to factor in nearly as much, the committee has a history of re-evaluating teams after key injuries and I expect that will apply to us this year as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC is the nations premeir basketball conference...

Jan 29, 2018, 8:56 AM

and going 10-8 in conference is absolutely a lock for the NCAA Tournament.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The problem is that our early schedule won't be weighted

Jan 29, 2018, 9:13 AM [ in reply to The problem is that our early schedule won't be weighted ]

Eh, I'm not so sure that they will weight it as heavily as you think. They can't throw out 2/3 of the season just because a player that played in those games was injured for the year.

If anything they would certainly give us a pass on the UVA game, but other than that the other games will be weighted the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2018, 10:38 AM

Agreed, there is no way for them to say we don't win those games with Simms. Are they going to say we would beat Temple with Skara? No they aren't.

Link to where early game results don’t count after injuries.***

Jan 29, 2018, 12:07 PM [ in reply to The problem is that our early schedule won't be weighted ]

Jan 29, 2018, 1:26 PM [ in reply to The problem is that our early schedule won't be weighted ]

If we get 20 or more wins we’re a lock for the NCAA tournament. Especially when you play in the toughest conference in the country and you played 3 power 5 teams in non conference . I could easily see us getting in the Tournament with 19 wins.

Jan 29, 2018, 8:36 AM

WADR, we are not playing to get invited...we are playing for a good seed. So stop wringing your hands over the invite and enjoy the ride

Jan 29, 2018, 10:39 AM

Exactly.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic