Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who attended,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

For those who attended,

Sep 9, 2018, 12:00 AM

Give us your thoughts of the stadium and crowd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too notch CFB environment. The stadium itself was great.

Sep 9, 2018, 12:11 AM

Not sure they got $500 million worth, but very very nice. Crowd was loud as expected. Love all the tradition stuff they have. Their band was awesome. Even after the tough loss, their fans were still great...I don’t think our fans would have been as gracious. Out of all the road trips I’ve taken, I’d put this one at the top.

Re: For those who attended,

Sep 9, 2018, 12:14 AM

Loud. I’d say FSU is louder. Definitely top 5. Great fans. None of them chirped on the way out

Sep 9, 2018, 12:14 AM

Big.
Lots of orchestrated yelling. Was kind of cool at first but the same yells over and over where you can't really tell what they're saying while ghey-looking guys dressed like Good Humor ice cream guys gyrate and do hand signals... got old.

Exciting game but I don't plan on ever coming back. Bucket list stadium. One and done.

Death Valley is a much prettier stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 9, 2018, 12:16 AM

The stadium and crowd were both awesome. The fans were very polite and gracious, everyone we encountered congratulated us on the win and wished us safe travels home. There were multiple times you could feel the stadium moving underneath you, their crowd gave it everything they had. As a bonus, we attended midnight yell and it was awesome - getting 40,000 people to show up to a midnight pep rally is impressive.

Still sitting in traffic right now, and getting out of the stadium was a nightmare. We were in section 240 and they have those spiraled walkways like Williams-Brice, so coming down was a slow process. Other than that, the experience was absolutely worth it.

Sep 9, 2018, 12:26 AM

By far the best away stadium I have been to

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 1:14 AM

Loud. Nice stadium. Good view of the field from the upper deck in the end zone. They spread us out so there was no coordinated cheering from us.

Couldn’t understand the yells. Some of the fans around would cheer after a yell like it meant something but I never figured them out. Other than beat the hell out of Clemson that they must have done 75 times.

The yell leaders, well, let’s just say odd. Weird gyrations and body movements.

Friendly fans. A lot of howdies. But guy next to me was bitter over the loss - “everyone knows who the better team is, including them.” I refrained from saying scoreboard at the end.

30 minutes to get out of the stadium and we left our seats right the onside kick, crazy.

Seems like the city and university are well integrated and compliment each other.

Good experience overall.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 1:55 AM

By far the nicest fans I have ever met. Awesome gameday experience.

The experience was unique. I was very impressed.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:32 AM

I'm not sure there's any place like it. People were very friendly. The cheers are unique. Loudest stadium I've ever been to. Very loud. Just a lot of spirit there. It's a special experience. I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance.

The experience was unique. I was very impressed.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:32 AM

I'm not sure there's any place like it. People were very friendly. The cheers are unique. Loudest stadium I've ever been to. Very loud. Just a lot of spirit there. It's a special experience. I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance.

Sep 9, 2018, 2:35 AM

I made the trip from VA to the game (I don’t live in TX any longer). I was expecting good fans and they were that and more. Few notes;

- the stadium was loud but I’m not sure how much of that was due to the fans vs the sound systems. All the times when the dB meter was on they also blasted the music.

- The Fighting Texas Aggies band is fantastic. They do however use the stadium speakers to boost the sound. They are my favorite college band.

- the fans were the best group of away game fans I’ve encountered. Lots of “Howdies” , offer if were wanted something to eat/drink, friendly conversation. During my entire time in Aggieland I never heard 1 negative comment (excluded to be expected comments directed at the refs). There simply were no “bad apples”. For that, TAMU is to be admired.

- I sat up in the corner of the endzone in the upper deck (sec 350). While they certainly weren’t 50-yd-line I could see well and the big screens were well placed as well.

- the Yell Leaders and the yells are different but I’m a sucker for tradition.

- it was pretty easy to move around the stadium and campus.

- The Medal of Honor display (TAMU has 8 of them) at the Memorial Student Center imakes you think, as does the list of Aggies who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

- Traffic flow in and out of the stadium area was easy for me. I would welcome that at Clemson.

- The Aggies played tough and gave us everything we could handle.

- I had a great trip and can’t thank the Aggies enough for thier hospitality. That was an A++ experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 2:51 AM

Agree with everything positive said above. Never had an experience like this at a road game before. The fans and the locals seemed so genuinely interested that we enjoyed our experience. Had many great conversations with Aggies, including several sitting in front of us in the stands. No one complained or made any negative comments to us as we exited. It took a long time down the spirals and there was a lot of orange. It was eerily quiet, actually. Other than chit-chat and some “good game” type comments, no one really said anything.

In spite of being really high in the upper deck, the view was pretty good. And even from there, the stadium was loud. The coordinated yells from the TAMU fans was a unique experience.

We also went to the Midnight Yell on Friday night. That was unique too. I can’t imagine a turnout in Death Valley for a pep rally even a quarter of that size. While talking with some students while in line to exit, we learned what all the gyrations and hand/arm motions were all about. The students seemed genuinely proud that we attended their yell practice/pep rally.

Glad we came to the game and had this experience - even if the outcome of the game had been different.

Great job Aggies for a great game environment. Good luck on the rest of your season!

Great fans. Loud....very loud.

Sep 9, 2018, 5:11 AM

Their facilities are really good. They are a sleeping giant of football....not sure Jimbo is the man to do it...but they are a sleeping giant.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great fans. Loud....very loud.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:00 AM

I dont see how any coach couldn't win there. Jimbo will win big, bigger than ever before. He reeled in a 5* yesterday, the #1 WR in the country. Better get a@m soon, they'll overtake Alabama's position in the SEC West in the next 5 years.

The stadium is as loud as I've been in, people were nice for most part. It's a really really big facility. The money you can tell just oozes out of that place, again, there is no reason for that program to compete in the Top 5 every year. The fact that Clemson can compete with that is a minor miracle

I'm not sure why you would doubt Jimbo Fisher.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Great fans. Loud....very loud. ]

He took over a declining FSU program that went .500 the year before he arrived, and led them to 3 ACC titles and a national title. He recruits really well and is regarded as a brilliant offensive mind.

They were around .500 last year, but they also had significant injuries which account for that.

I have no doubt that he will have A&M a perennial top 10 team before long.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 9, 2018, 9:18 AM

Can any of you honestly compare Kyle Field to the Pizza Pit, or Alumni Stadium at BC?

Great trip without a doubt. Would definitely make the trip

Sep 9, 2018, 9:38 AM

again if it gets scheduled.

Very glad we picked a paved parking lot when we bought passes. The grassy areas we passed heading to the stadium were really muddy and trashed from the couple of downpours that came through.

Great fans on the whole. They have their mid-20s group like most that blamed the refs and did not play well near vocal Clemson folks. Not many though. By far the bulk of them took the loss well and were more cordial than I think we would have been if roles were reversed.

Stadium had a good layout but crazy-narrow seats. Was not as loud as I expected, but I was looking down on the flyover from my seats. Seems that even the top seats are closer to the field than in most stadiums. Lots of piped-in noise sometimes that was annoying.

Loved the band. Fun to watch the precision.

They don't get folks into the stadium very well given all the room they have. Out a bit slow as well having to go through the tunnel getting under the railroad tracks.

Their fans stayed and were into the game. The organized cheering it pretty cool and not near as annoying in the 4th quarter as things like rocky top or the fsu war chant.

Traffic flowed much better than Clemson and better than anywhere else except Winston-Salem in both directions.

Overall just a great trip. Friendly folks even after the game, easy to move around and see the campus or Bush library if you desire. Easy to fly into Houston and just 1 1/2 hours up to College Station. A definite GO if we play there again.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 9:29 PM

I suggest a trip to College Station to anyone who loves college football. This was my second trip, and it did not disappoint. Can’t wait to show them the same hospitality and respect next year when they come to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great trip, would go back in a heartbeat

Sep 10, 2018, 8:23 AM

Game experience was phenomenal. We were lower endzone and it was louder and better than any of my 5 trips to Tally. Sat next to the student section and while I didn't understand all their cheers and hand gestures it was still fun to watch the coordinated movements. They take pride in it and they should. One of the trip highlights was the hour drive to Lexington for Snow's BBQ. Voted Texas' best BBQ and it did not disappoint. People talked about the brisket all day. Post-game traffic was Clemsonesque. Left stadium at 9:50, at the Airbnb 4 miles away 2 hours later. It was an adventure but not as bad as Athens. Go if you have a reason. Well worth it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic