Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The "best" we got right now are Cole and Gallman, BUT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,732

The "best" we got right now are Cole and Gallman, BUT

Nov 15, 2014, 9:55 PM

look at this list of shoulda, woulda and coulda...

QB signed in 2011 - Tony McNeal - Blows out knee twice. Never steps on the field as a Tiger.
QB signed in 2012- Chad Kelly - Self-implodes in apparent lapse of proper ADHD meds in April '14
QB NOT SIGNED in 2013 - ??? - We promise an 11th grade Deshaun Watson we won't take a QB in the class before his. THIS is the bonehead move that is killing us right now. No QB ever is worth sacrificing two years of legitimate Power 5 QB talent. If Deshaun's psyche was that fragile, it should have set off warning bells in Dabo and Chad's heads immediately.

Stoudt would have been a 5th string QB if all of the above combined with Deshaun being slightly less brittle than a 90 year old woman with osteoporosis' hip hadn't happened.

Now onto RB

RB signed in 2011 - Mike Bellamy - Really dude? Smoking weed UNDER a hotel smoke detector. Moron.
RB signed in 2012 - Zac Brooks - Makes Deshaun Watson look like Cal Ripken Jr.
RB signed in 2013 - Tyshon Dye - Makes Zac Brooks look like Cal Ripken Jr.
RB signed in 2014 - Adam Choice - Makes Tyshon Dye look like...you get the point, right?

So while watching Cole throw and Wayne run is disheartening at best and borderline Angina inducing at worst, having Cole Stoudt and Wayne Gallman as our starting backfield is essentially like starting a pair of 5th string career Scout Team scrubs. There isn't a team in the country that would do much better than 8-4 featuring 2 guys that wouldn't be playing at all if just one of the 8 guys listed above had panned out. (OK, 7 guys and 1 phantom QB in 2013's class)

Except for Bama...thanks to Nick Satan's deal with his cousin Beelzebub, the Tide would surely Roll with their 5th String QB and RB...but of course they would both be 5 stars.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The "best" we got right now are Cole and Gallman, BUT

Nov 15, 2014, 9:58 PM

Lots of fire Batson underlying this. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2014, 10:00 PM

I think Gallman being in the same sentence as Cole is a slap in the face to Gallman. I do wonder why Dye wasn't called on today though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we lost another ol player today ,Gallman can't win alone***

Nov 15, 2014, 9:59 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

strange....

Gallman just had back to back 100 yard games and 84 yards for an average of 5.9 ypc today

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: strange....

Nov 15, 2014, 10:08 PM

Gallman is slow. If any of the 4 guys I mentioned were on the team he wouldn't step on the field. If he had any speed at all, he'd have had 150 yards rushing today.

Not a knock on the kid, he's got a huge heart and reminds me a lot of Wesley McFadden...and just to remind you, McFadden sucked as a TB but was a beast as a FB. But facts are facts, Gallman doesn't have Top 25 starting RB speed. He just doesn't.

Lol....

Nov 15, 2014, 10:11 PM

He might have had 150 yards if Stoudt doesn't throw 3 balls directly to defenders, two of which were pick sixes.

Running the ball was not an issue today. It actually was the only thing working. However we had to play catch up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get both of your points.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:18 PM

Gallman is young. He runs well at times but it was hard not to see his lack of balance today while running free a few times. I hope he develops but right now he is not the go-to back we need. We shouldn't need to rely on him either.

The QB situation is laughable. I thought Proctor was bad....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol....

Nov 15, 2014, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Lol.... ]

Wayne, is that you?

Dude, I was sitting in the corner of the end zone down by the band when Gallman busted the long run in the 4th. 4 Ga Tech players chased him down from more than 10 yards behind. He's not fast. That's my point. He is not fast enough to give us a legitimate running game against a defense that doesn't suck.

I was there too....

Nov 15, 2014, 10:25 PM

not sure why you think I'm comparing Gallman to Gurley or anything, but making it out as if the running game is nonexistent is not correct. Running was effective today when we were able to do it.

Re: I was there too....

Nov 15, 2014, 10:28 PM

"Running was effective today when we were able to do it" is a self-negating statement. If it's effective we would have done it AT LEAST to the point of scoring a TD. If Gallman was fast, he'd have scored on that 4th quarter run.

If you say so...

Nov 15, 2014, 10:32 PM

If you don't think getting down 3 scores changes your game plan, I'll agree with you.

Great synopsis of the current state of our program!

Some of our offensive starters wouldn't start for almost any team in the Big Five conferences.

Jones, you are on a roll! TU

Nov 15, 2014, 10:03 PM

nm

Good read but you aren't being honest...

Nov 15, 2014, 10:08 PM

Recruiting has been Dabos strength (just look at our recruiting rankings the last 4 years), not his weakness.

We lost an NFL rusher, 2 NFL receivers that are lighting it up, an ACC record setting QB....you will NEVER replace that (if you do you have an NFL team).

The injury bug bit us hard this year and harder today I'm afraid. You can't ignore this.

My biggest complaint is that we have had a below average O line (to put it nicely), every year under Dabo. He needs to address the issue up front as fixing that can make any average QB or RB look great or any bad QB look average (see Alabama).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

The OLine is getting fixed next year***

Nov 15, 2014, 10:10 PM

Haven't we heard that every year under Dabo******

Nov 15, 2014, 10:24 PM

Look who we have on the commitment board

Nov 15, 2014, 10:27 PM

Hyatt, Freumorgan are two absolute beasts

The OLine is getting fixed next year...

Nov 15, 2014, 10:31 PM [ in reply to The OLine is getting fixed next year*** ]

By redshirt freshmen... and true freshmen?

Seriously??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good read but you aren't being honest...

Nov 15, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Good read but you aren't being honest... ]

I think you missed my point entirely. I didn't mention poor recruiting at all. In fact, my point was we HAVE recruited much more talented players than 18 and 9, but for whatever reason all 7 of them haven't amounted to much of anything yet.

Now do the offensive line! I think with the loss of both

Nov 15, 2014, 10:15 PM

Oliver Jones and Patrick Destefano, that really hurt us. Both of their backups are playing right now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. What about offensive lineman J.K. Jay?

Nov 15, 2014, 10:19 PM

nm

We're screwed.***

Nov 15, 2014, 10:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:28 PM

Hard to pass judgement on some players with the offensive line in such disarray. I don't know what they put in Cole's shot before the game but it must have been REALLY GOOD STUFF! I officially take back every, if any, criticism of Tajh Boyd. You are right the QB situation is on the coaches

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2014, 10:36 PM

Yeah, I can't even think about how bad our OL sucks, it makes me cry. As much as I miss Sammy, Tajh, Tay and Hot Rod, I'd suck a big fat #### to have Brandon Thomas and Tyler Shatley this season.

Nov 15, 2014, 10:43 PM

You'd suck a what? Eww

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FWIW, Kelly was the sole QB recruit that year***

Nov 15, 2014, 11:35 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,732
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic