Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We may not get Rashan, but I think we got mom....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

We may not get Rashan, but I think we got mom....

Feb 1, 2016, 8:14 PM

Paramus (N.J.) Catholic defensive tackle Rashan Gary, the No. 1 player in the 2016 class, is down to Michigan and Clemson.

As the recruiting process nears Wednesday's finish line, the process is getting tougher for the nation's No. 1 prospect, Rashan Gary.
The 6-foot-4, 286-pound defensive tackle from Paramus (N.J.) Catholic returned from his official visit to Clemson, his fifth and final official visit, and now needs to sit down and come up with a decision.
He has, the family confirmed, trimmed his list to Clemson and Michigan.
"As it stands right now, if signing day was (Tuesday), Rashan would go on and say he hasn't decided yet," said Gary's mom, Jennifer Coney.
"We loved it," Coney said. "I was able to see some family, and my nephew was able to come out and hang with Rashan during his official visit. I got to see the academic presentation, and remember, I didn't get to see everything when we at Clemson because it was Easter weekend when we went and the whole staff was not there.
"But everyone was on hand. Clemson is a great school, and we really learned a lot about it."
From the players to the coaching staff to the support staff, Clemson put forth a tremendous showing on the visit.
"The academics, and the academic support, I was pleasantly surprised with everything at Clemson," Coney said. "The staff, the whole staff, the whole student body. I'm not talking about the football players, and the football players were phenomenal, but the whole student body. The players want them to recruit good football players because it's only going to make them better.
"The football players didn't feel threatened. They were embracing him. Rashan liked that. They were giving Rashan so much love, and I liked that. There were some schools that were like, 'Oh, Rashan Gary.' and knowing the (competition) would be there. But not Clemson. Those kids, oh my gosh."

Gary spent time with Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson -- "he's a great young man," Coney said -- as well as Rahshaun Smith, Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins and Tre Lamar.
"I could see the love was so genuine," Coney said. "You can tell if it was all show or whether it was sincere. It was sincere."

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1638473-no-1-player-rashan-gary-back-clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great stuff. Hope Gary joins next year's title squad.***

Feb 1, 2016, 8:18 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We may not get Rashan, but I think we got mom....

Feb 1, 2016, 8:20 PM

Goodnight Michigan.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Enjoyed post and thanks Mrs.Coney - Clemson proud & humble

Feb 1, 2016, 8:21 PM

Glad Mr. Watson weighed in ... he is the man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can you say no to DW4.

Feb 1, 2016, 8:22 PM

Gary is ours

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 8:23 PM

His mom has eligibility left? Does she play DE too?

Breath of fresh air after what we got from Mrs. Nkemdiche.

Feb 1, 2016, 8:31 PM

Regardless of where Rashan chooses to go, thank you Ms. Coney for being honest and forthright.

Re: Breath of fresh air after what we got from Mrs. Nkemdiche.

Feb 1, 2016, 8:40 PM

My thoughts exactly...I've been very impressed with how Mrs. Coney and Rashan have handled the pressure of the recruiting process. She has been very transparent, and a great mentor and spokesperson, representing her son very well. Not only would we be lucky to get Rashan, but we'd be lucky to have a parent like Mrs. Coney join the Clemson Family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 8:38 PM

Cool

Can she cover OJ Howard?

Feb 1, 2016, 8:41 PM

That's not nice. We are trying to forget about that.

Feb 1, 2016, 8:42 PM

He's mad

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

no but your qb will be prone ;-)***

Feb 1, 2016, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: We may not get Rashan, but I think we got mom.... ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: We may not get Rashan, but I think we got mom.... ]

Met his dad on the flight to the game. Very nice and modest about his son. Didn't know who oj was but I know him now

Feb 1, 2016, 8:49 PM

Yes, Dad is a good guy

Feb 1, 2016, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: We may not get Rashan, but I think we got mom.... ]

BB nice one. As much as it pains me to say that. What do you do when you can't? You declare for the draft.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And just when

Feb 1, 2016, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: We may not get Rashan, but I think we got mom.... ]

Things were going splendid for you BB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Feb 1, 2016, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: We may not get Rashan, but I think we got mom.... ]

With that line, the QB will never have time to throw the ball. ;)

Feb 1, 2016, 8:41 PM

This is a very smart woman who is the Mother of this very special and talented young man. I hope he chooses us, but his Mom gets it, whether he does or not, and she is right. I hope he gets it, too. There is no decision that will be better for him than choosing Clemson. Nothing against Michigan, ut Clemson is very, very special.

Feb 1, 2016, 8:51 PM

Let's not omit his uncle's contribution. He hasn't posted often, but when he does, it's straight to the core of the issue, without sugar-coating. If Rashan comes to Clemson, his uncle and cousin deserve major respect for encouraging the family to look at Clemson. Heck, they deserve major respect, regardless...first class handling all the way. His uncle's contribution has been invaluable....he's a Tiger, in my eyes!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What school hated on Rashan?

Feb 1, 2016, 9:16 PM

Who do you think she was referring to when she stated the players were "hating" on Rashan?

Re: What school hated on Rashan?

Feb 1, 2016, 9:44 PM

Hopefully Michigan

Re: What school hated on Rashan?

Feb 1, 2016, 9:53 PM [ in reply to What school hated on Rashan? ]

Doesn't matter ...

In this world of very competitive athletics, even within a team there is a lot of competition, and on many teams a lot of times it is not friendly at all.

The point is that this team at Clemson IS different.

Because of the "next man up" mentality and the leadership by the coaches and players, they all support each other. ( but expect a dust up every now and then ;) )

I've played on many teams, before, after, and at Clemson, and that is a very rare attitude. But at Clemson, on this team, it is the norm. And when you have your whole family, coaches AND teammates all rooting for you, supporting you, helping you to be your best, competing with you, you can do amazing things!

Players know that IF they put in the time and the work, they CAN earn time on the field, so that helps take some pressure off. Coaches seem to have the right plan to rotate players in WHEN they are ready.

Expect hard work. Expect tough competition. And expect fairness by the coaches .. at least that's what I see by the players' attitudes and comments.

As the rookie on the team, you will have leaders going hard at you to help you improve just like Shaq did for Hyatt early in camp. No pulling punches, no "putting a rookie in his place", no knocking 'em down a peg, no jealousy. Just honest competition and lessons.

What happened as a result? Both players improved and had tremendous years. When Shaq went down in the Orange Bowl, he was the biggest cheerleader for his backup. Zac supported his fellow running backs even when his playing time was sparse. Family.

That is Clemson ... and THAT Clemson attitude is what makes us different. Very rare these days.

If I were a recruit today, there's no way I would want to miss out on this rare opportunity!!!

excellent observation***

Feb 2, 2016, 8:27 AM

Great post... My HOF nominee for 2016.... +1.***

Feb 2, 2016, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: What school hated on Rashan? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, whether Rashan selects Clemson or not, this makes me

Feb 2, 2016, 9:05 AM

proud.

You can NEVER really predict what considerations a 17 or 18 year old will put into a college decision. But if you bend and contort yourself trying to be whatever it is that particular player at that time wants, you'll lose yourself.

The comments from Rashan's mother make me proud(er) of this program because they keep their identity intact. Sometimes a kid isn't going to sign up for it, but the adults in the room will recognize and respect it.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Another amazing job by the Clemson coaches, players and administrators.

null

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic