Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kendall Joseph article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Kendall Joseph article

Jan 14, 2018, 12:07 PM

Highlights Joseph’s family from that “s***hole” country Haiti
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article194626509.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great story, but why make it political? Check out these pics

Jan 14, 2018, 12:20 PM

of the harsh reality of Haiti. Sorry if the POTUS wasn't politically correct enough for you.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+haiti+today&rlz=1C1SFXN_enUS708US708&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjGvtz_-dfYAhXuQd8KHWcXBwMQsAQIKA&biw=1280&bih=729

Now, back to Tiger sports!!!!

Re: Great story, but why make it political? Check out these pics

Jan 14, 2018, 12:33 PM

I'm bet Trumpy wouldn't say that to Joseph's face. Just guessing...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The POTUS not the poster made it political.***

Jan 14, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Great story, but why make it political? Check out these pics ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bullsh!t

Jan 14, 2018, 1:36 PM

trump didn't say a thing on tigernet and the article didnt reference it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right - the issue of Haitian immigrants became political ...

Jan 14, 2018, 2:28 PM

because of what? Perhaps because of recent comments made by the POTUS?

And how or why is that offensive?

Trump said we shouldn't allow people from there to come here

Jan 14, 2018, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Great story, but why make it political? Check out these pics ]

Surely, you guys are smarter than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's helpful for people to see examples of Haitian

Jan 14, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Great story, but why make it political? Check out these pics ]

immigrants and what they've contributed. Here at Clemson we can be even more thankful.

When our nation's leader disparages a people like that, it's fair game just about anywhere.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great story, but why make it political? Check out these pics

Jan 15, 2018, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Great story, but why make it political? Check out these pics ]

Well if you weren't paying attention, Trump thinks that we shouldn't let people like Joseph into the United States because of their heritage.

Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?***

Jan 14, 2018, 12:24 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?***

Jan 14, 2018, 12:28 PM

Political correctness. Call it like you see it

Jan 14, 2018, 12:44 PM

There is NO excuse for the trumpster's foul language. There are some similar places here in the good old US of A that could be called the same. I for one, am glad Kendall is here and will be for another year.

Jan 14, 2018, 12:59 PM

> There is NO excuse for the trumpster's foul language.
> There are some similar places here in the good old US
> of A that could be called the same. I for one, am
> glad Kendall is here and will be for another year.

There are some democratically controlled areas in the US which are undeiserable but none as bad as Haiti

Jan 14, 2018, 1:01 PM

Lots of $hithole towns and cities in red states.

You are correct though that much if Haiti has them beat on the $hithole spectrum.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 2:20 PM

You mean like Chicago

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 14, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?*** ]

I have actually spent some time in "the real" Haiti (i.e. not the places the cruise ships go). I can tell you unequivocally, Haiti is a sh1thole. Doesn't mean all the people in Haiti are bad - but Haiti has more than it's fair share of bad actors at all levels of their society. I've attached a few of my personal pictures from one of my Haitian excursions for your enjoyment.

Now, should the President publicly call out such places as sh1tholes? No - as nothing good will come of it. However, the President should also have some expectation that private discussions between himself and members of congress in the confines of his office are that - PRIVATE. After all, how many of you folks would like your private office conversations plastered on the front page of every newspaper in the USA? I imagine quite a few of you have said some things in your private work conversations that would not withstand the ire of the PC police.

Now enough of this political garbage on a sports board....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 1:24 PM

The president has an expectation of privacy when discussing matters of national security with Congress *not* openly racist statements

What you say and do when no one is watching is exactly what defines you. It's ridiculous to think that privacy somehow enables a person to shed all decency.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:16 PM

> The president has an expectation of privacy when
> discussing matters of national security with Congress
> *not* openly racist statements
>
> What you say and do when no one is watching is
> exactly what defines you. It's ridiculous to think
> that privacy somehow enables a person to shed all
> decency.

Quite the reach calling the comment racist. Trying to make every topic racist kills the impact when something is actually racist. BTW his statement was true

I Call BS on Those Photos...You Took Those at Willy Brice***

Jan 14, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you agree with Trump that we need to stop allowing

Jan 14, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?*** ]

people to immigrate from countries with difficult circumstances. Why?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?*** ]

Exactly private conversations that someone reveals and interprets how they wish

that language is reserved for hoier than thou liberals***

Jan 14, 2018, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone confirmed that Trump even said that?!?

Jan 14, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?*** ]

A few politicians who clearly dislike Trump told the media that he said sh!thole, but Trump himself denied it as well as others who were in the room. But of course, the media gets a quote, runs with the story, and everyone assumes Trump said it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:18 PM

So, there's that.

Re: Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:24 PM

I wouldn’t believe a thing coming out of Lindsey Graham’s mouth. He is another John McCain. Wish someone would dig all of the nasty skeletons out of this man’s? Closet

Why would he lie about this? He's been a Trump sycophant.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:27 PM

Any idea the motivation for him to lie so convincingly that Tim Scott believes him?

Or is Tim Scott in on the lie too?

Jan 14, 2018, 2:32 PM

and what would his motivation be? SC is a Trump humpin state. It wouldn't be in their political self interest to be anything but a sycophant.

I am disputing that immigrants from Norway are inherently ..

Jan 14, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?*** ]

Better than immigrants from Haiti. This story is evidence.

so that's a NO then?***

Jan 14, 2018, 1:36 PM

Evidence that the political, social & infrastructure

Jan 14, 2018, 2:55 PM

conditions are bad in Haiti is not in contention. What is debatable is whether a country’s “conditions or arbitrary classification” should be used as criteria to evaluate potential immigrants. America has a rich history of poor immigrants from struggling countries being successful and contributing to our nation’s success.

It's a yes or no question...Why are you having such a

Jan 14, 2018, 3:20 PM

hard time answering YES or NO?

For me and those that I know, the issue is not with his

Jan 14, 2018, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?*** ]

his off color language, it with the apparent sentiment behind the statement. that people from those ######## countries shouldn't be allowed in this country because they won't/can't contribute or make it better. that is the issue. the fact that he used "non-PC" language just further shows that he vocabulary is limited. I could read further into his supposedly bringing up Norway and all that, but it's not worth it.

Do i know for a fact that he made the comments? No. I have no idea. I wasn't there. And unless there is a recording, we will never really know. Do I believe that he may have? Absolutely yes because he has demonstrated that manner of speaking and thinking for years now. It doesn't seem out of his character. Do I think it matters? not really, because it seems clear that people are taking a partisan stance on this and that's just the way the country seems to operate now. Quite frankly, it's exhausting.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Jan 15, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Are you disputing the fact that Hatii is indeed a sh1thole?*** ]

By Sh1thole, do you mean the country that has been exploited by U.S. and Western countries for 300 years? That Sh1thole?

Disparaging those less fortunate than you because they are less fortunate than you is very redneck of you...

Re: Kendall Joseph article

Jan 14, 2018, 12:51 PM

I bet that Mr Joseph would agree with the POTUS assessment of Haiti.

If it walks like a duck..............!

It is a concise, accurate statement with little room for misinterpretation!

I can mark it off my places to visit.

On the flipside, I am going to Belton this afternoon!

Jan 14, 2018, 12:55 PM

you mean like when he said everyone in Haiti has aides, and we need to stop letting these people in the country, he agrees with that part?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

his family agreed that's why the left even if they had to

Jan 14, 2018, 1:38 PM

do it one person at a time

Jan 14, 2018, 12:57 PM

LOL Haiti is a crap hole which is precisely why KJ is from Belton. I graduated from BHP many years ago so I am very proud of Kendall and his accomplishments

Jan 14, 2018, 12:58 PM

Great article about KJ and his family, keep the politics; veiled or otherwise out of the story. KJ is a great kid from good parents who worked hard to get him where he is today. Be proud of him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 1:09 PM

You think the story about KJ isn’t relative to the president’s recent comments?

Jan 14, 2018, 1:12 PM

Man some if y'all need to come out if your saferooms more often or less often, not sure which.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Kendall Joseph article ]

Nope not at all. He isn't from Haiti and his father came over legally from that craphole and did it legally. Did you hear President Trump say it? Did ANYONE but democrat Durbin hear him say it? Y'all need a reality check.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2018, 1:26 PM

Lindsey Graham heard him say it and challenged him so there goes that theory...

Jan 14, 2018, 1:32 PM

lindsey. a known trump hater. maybe lindsey should just concentrate on finding a good man to live with.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Kendall Joseph article ]

> Lindsey Graham heard him say it and challenged him so
> there goes that theory...

Guess it would better to call the places he’ll holes as mr graham did in 2013?

Jan 14, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Kendall Joseph article ]

And we ALL know Lindsey Graham is a piece of lying Sh!t. He would do anything to attack the president. People jump in anything these cowards throw out there

Jan 14, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Kendall Joseph article ]

Amazing how the dems can make ANYTHING political, even Tiger dems. Sad.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:27 PM

what is amazing to me is how anyone can be a dem in the 1st place.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Kendall Joseph article ]

I agree. This family sacrificed a lot to get out of there, come to America, bring their children one at a time. They WORKED their ##### off with multiple jobs to provide for their children. They instill hard work and great moral values. Kendall’s Dad owns his own company and have supported Kendall all of the way. Very proud of this young man and this family and all they had to overcome

Remeber a couple years ago when obama called lybia

Jan 14, 2018, 1:33 PM

a sh!tshow? Of course not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/barack-obama-says-david-cameron-allowed-libya-to-become-a-s-show-a6923976.html

Re: Remeber a couple years ago when obama called lybia

Jan 15, 2018, 6:52 PM

I was wondering when Clinton or Obama was going to be brought into this...

Whataboutism lives!

Jan 14, 2018, 1:50 PM

This whole thread is stupid. The fact that Joseph's family is HERE, in AMERICA, is only further proof that based on opportunity, infrastructure, etc, Haiti IS an S Hole. How can you use the fact that he's HERE, to make the point thats it's not?

Trump said we shouldn't allow people to immigrate from

Jan 14, 2018, 2:08 PM

there. That is what you are missing, perhaps purposefully.

Why should we not allow people to immigrate from countries where conditions are difficult?

Time to stop distorting the truth for the racist in chief.

Re: Trump said we shouldn't allow people to immigrate from

Jan 14, 2018, 2:19 PM

> there. That is what you are missing, perhaps
> purposefully.
>
> Why should we not allow people to immigrate from
> countries where conditions are difficult?
>
> Time to stop distorting the truth for the racist in
> chief.

I believe his disdain was for having a diversity quota from certain countries as we should be taking the best and brightest regardless of their origin

“Why are we having all these people from ######## countries

Jan 14, 2018, 2:26 PM

come here?" He added that the US should admit more people from countries like Norway.

Lindsey Graham was there and disputes your opinion. He told Tim Scott that the depiction of the meeting was accurate and that, in response to the racist comments "said my piece."

Sorry, but given his long history of racism, this is just another confirmation of the obvious.

Re: Trump said we shouldn't allow people to immigrate from

Jan 14, 2018, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Trump said we shouldn't allow people to immigrate from ]

And you know this by a couple of lying sh!theads that constantly cause hate and discontent. This article has NOTHING to do with the President or politics

Who's credible? Trump or Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott?

Jan 14, 2018, 3:03 PM

Trump can't win any battle of credibility.

It is a perfect illustration of what Trump is.

Jan 14, 2018, 2:16 PM

What an inspiring story. This young man knows the struggle of his grandparents coming to our great Country seeking a safe haven and job opportunities for the family. They not only survived but prospered. The hard work and diligence that Kendall’s grandparents and parents did certainly paved the way for this young man to learn to work hard and strive to get better. Very proud of this young man and his family

Jan 14, 2018, 2:17 PM

Haiti, Dominican Republic and hundreds of other countries are #### holes and extremely poor. For anyone that hasn’t been there you truly have no clue

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic