Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Clemson guard to transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Clemson guard to transfer

Nov 3, 2015, 12:27 PM

Clemson guard to transfer

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We recruit a bunch of softies. Can't handle tough coaching

Nov 3, 2015, 12:31 PM

from Brownell. Whiners who think it's all about me.

Who is doing the recruiting?***

Nov 3, 2015, 12:53 PM

6 of the 9 players Brownell signed in 2011 and 2013

Nov 3, 2015, 12:34 PM

transferred out.

For a coaching staff that recruits low level players to coach them up and get good years out of them as upperclassmen, this is a troubling trend. Then, throw in the number of schollies tied up that can't play this year and a guy that the staff hasn't gotten cleared to play and it's November and what have you got?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 6 of the 9 players Brownell signed in 2011 and 2013

Nov 3, 2015, 12:38 PM

We have a lack of depth. Legend needs to get cleared and we need Ty Hudson and Avry Holmes to be excellent. Either way, I love college basketball, and I expect us to have a scrappy team.

Go Tigers!

Scrappy enough to make the NIT this year?***

Nov 3, 2015, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CBI maybe

Nov 3, 2015, 12:45 PM

AKA the Coach Brownell Invitational

NIT !!! Try Top 6 and "The Dance" baby !

Nov 3, 2015, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Scrappy enough to make the NIT this year?*** ]

Remember, you heard it first on TigerNet !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell's fate is obviously tied to what happens in 2016-17

Nov 3, 2015, 12:46 PM [ in reply to 6 of the 9 players Brownell signed in 2011 and 2013 ]

If I were in his place, I'd be focusing entirely on what sort of team I could put on the court the first season in our new facility back on campus.

Brownell gets a pass in 2015-16, but after that he needs to produce.

Things will need to be straightened out by next season and it's safe to assume BB knows this.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When half of your recruiting class is redshirting this year,

Nov 3, 2015, 12:55 PM

I think that shows he is placing all of his eggs in the 2016-2017 basket and is de-emphasizing the coming season, which, as a long time lover of Clemson basketball, is much to my chagrin. Wait til next year seems to be our mantra.

We may be pretty good NEXT year, but the following year we fall back to Earthbound sub-mediocrity. His recruiting just can't keep up with the excessive number of transfers.

Can't argue with any of that ... it is what it is.

Nov 3, 2015, 1:03 PM

The right coach CAN win at Clemson. But, unfortunately for us, the right coach seldom wants to STAY at Clemson.

Been watching it for far, far too long to get my hopes up with Tiger hoops.

Re: Can't argue with any of that ... it is what it is.

Nov 3, 2015, 1:13 PM

That's what I've seen too, and I can't help but wonder why? Aren't we pretty enough? Then VCU rises up, and Butler, and James Madison, and why not us?

Nov 3, 2015, 2:01 PM

Those schools don't have a massive football program to take care of. Basketball will always be second-class at Clemson.

Nov 3, 2015, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't argue with any of that ... it is what it is. ]

I am totally impressed with the number of posts regarding this basketball topic-BRAVO TIGER FANS!

They don't have an ACC schedule.***

Nov 3, 2015, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't argue with any of that ... it is what it is. ]

what i worry about now...

Nov 3, 2015, 1:06 PM [ in reply to When half of your recruiting class is redshirting this year, ]

Is backcourt depth, and some depth who has size. Our biggest wing guard is Devoe now, and what is he, 6-3 with the hair? We are going to beaten up with teams that have tall athletic wing guards. This is trouble some.

Don't give me that "hope the best for him"

Nov 3, 2015, 1:04 PM

This guy just screwed us over with our recruiting class for this year because we could have picked up a JUCO or a 2-3 star "floater" to fill a roster spot. Now we gotta go get a "Fighting Fike" Church League All-American to fill in the roster. Any FB guy out there who could fill in after January??

Brad is listed on the "HOT SEAT" report at one of the Major sports sites...just turned up a notch because all these guys leaving is NOT because of playing time because we are not that good and if they were worth a dang, they'd be playing plenty of minutes. RECRUITING or ATTITUDE killing the program??

let's don't over react

Nov 3, 2015, 6:58 PM

He was a decent role player on this team. Timing sucks but that just gives BB another slot for a better player. It's not like Blossomgame is leaving so while not ideal, it's manageable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So many transfers...

Nov 3, 2015, 1:17 PM

...from 2013 to now... 7 transfers out!

2015 - Patrick Rooks, Austin Ajukwe
2014 - Ibrahim Djambo, Adonis Filer, Devin Coleman
2013 - Bernard Sullivan, T.J. Sapp

5 of 14 players from the 2013-2014 roster

And, we can't win and, we can't recruit top names.

I don't know solution other than to pray for the start of football season once the calendar clicks into January!

ouch

Nov 3, 2015, 1:25 PM

to steal Chuckstown's words "This is not a good development no matter how you spin it..."

let's hope Ty Hudson is ready for some quality minutes and can be a positive factor on the court

It's a non issue. It may be for the best for us.**

Nov 3, 2015, 1:38 PM

nm

How is it better for the team to lose Ajukwa?***

Nov 3, 2015, 1:43 PM

One step closer to getting rid of Brownell?***

Nov 3, 2015, 1:44 PM

Another scholarship for next year and he wasn't good.

Nov 3, 2015, 1:49 PM [ in reply to How is it better for the team to lose Ajukwa?*** ]

Maybe it's for the best?

He was probably our best defender on the perimeter and had

Nov 3, 2015, 2:04 PM

seen his playing time steadily increasing. Also a good rebounder at the guard position.

I agree and he was getting noticeably better.

Nov 3, 2015, 4:53 PM

It's a big loss this season. There is no debating that. Moreover, no telling who takes his scholarship next season. I was just trying to be positive.

in the long run.. maybe... a big maybe

Nov 3, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Another scholarship for next year and he wasn't good. ]

but for this season, it is not a good thing.

as i said elsewhere... hope Ty Hudson is ready to contribute

and hope that Devoe has continued to improve

You are correct sir. No debating that. **

Nov 3, 2015, 4:53 PM

nm

Re: BKB Update: Clemson guard to transfer

Nov 3, 2015, 1:30 PM

Geez, can you specify that we are talking about basketball?

"BKB Update" isn't enough specification for you?***

Nov 3, 2015, 2:03 PM

I freaked out too. All it says on the front page is BREAKING

Nov 3, 2015, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: Clemson guard to transfer ]

News: Clemson guard to transfer.

It does not specify BKB.

Photobucket

Great, so we don't even

Nov 3, 2015, 1:33 PM

have a 6"5" or 6"6" swing man on the roster. Not one. We'll be lucky for a break even record this year.

Re: Great, so we don't even

Nov 3, 2015, 2:09 PM

> have a 6"5" or 6"6" swing man on the roster. Not one.
> We'll be lucky for a break even record this year.

What do you call Donte Grantham?

This isn't a significant loss, besides having bodies. Ajukwa never developed into what we wanted offensively.

And for those whining about having so many transfers, take a look at college basketball. This is every single program. 700 transfers last year.

Nov 3, 2015, 1:41 PM

The player must take a lot of the responsibility here. Announcing a basketball transfer in November is just down right tacky.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of relationship does Brownell have with his

Nov 3, 2015, 1:46 PM

players that he is constantly blindsided by these transfers?

Why was he not able to sell Ajukwa on his expanded role this season and the downside of transferring now?

Because nobody can make chicken salad out of chicken crap.

Nov 3, 2015, 5:47 PM

Why are you assuming that Brownell didn't do his job here? If Ajukwa felt that he deserved to be a starter, and Brownell didn't, there is little Brownell can do to get Ajukwa to accept that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

We need to let Dabo coach basketball also. We wouldn't

Nov 3, 2015, 2:04 PM

have all these issues.

Nov 3, 2015, 2:45 PM

Dabo could coach basketball just fine. Just like Kryzewski could coach football. Xs and Os are not the most important part of the equation.

sounds to me like...

Nov 3, 2015, 3:00 PM

some players had passed by him even in the short time they have practiced. The kid has seen the writing on the wall and knew he would be riding the bench. Timing is bad but I think the timing is based on that the kid thought he would be a big help this year and now sees that he won't. I have a feeling some players have moved past him and it won't really matter

With a guard-heavy roster and the two transfers next season

Nov 3, 2015, 5:00 PM

He wasn't going to play.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aujukwa gave the Tigers some decent minutes off the bench

Nov 3, 2015, 5:08 PM [ in reply to sounds to me like... ]

which was something Clemson was in short supply of last season...I agree that Aujukwa was starting to gain some confidence in his offensive game but what is so disappointing is that Clemson basketball fans are having to endure the transfer of another player of modest talent whose absence will probably be noticeable---at least early on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sounds to me like...

Nov 3, 2015, 7:02 PM [ in reply to sounds to me like... ]

A voice of reason and thoughtfulness is not welcomed on any article regarding BB. You just don't get it. Dabo is semi-god, BB is barely above the Ole Ball Sack (and then only when he wins).
Get with the program will ya!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, I was so worried we were losing someone off the OL

Nov 3, 2015, 3:00 PM

Don't worry guys, it's just a basketball player. Tnet played a prank by calling this "breaking news". Such jokers.

Re: Wow, I was so worried we were losing someone off the OL

Nov 3, 2015, 4:32 PM

> Don't worry guys, it's just a basketball player.
> Tnet played a prank by calling this "breaking news".
> . Such jokers.

Go back to the football board. Nobody wants to hear from you here.

Re: Wow, I was so worried we were losing someone off the OL

Nov 3, 2015, 4:40 PM

Lighten up. You have to admit.. that's funny!

*bored. *juan***

Nov 3, 2015, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow, I was so worried we were losing someone off the OL ]

Does every one of your posts have to minimize basketball

Nov 3, 2015, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Wow, I was so worried we were losing someone off the OL ]

and promote football?

Stay on the football board if you don't care about basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

*bored. *juan***

Nov 3, 2015, 6:16 PM

You haters need to keep up

Nov 3, 2015, 5:03 PM

Transferring is an epidemic in college basketball now. Clemson has lost some players to transfer but it also has three transfers on its roster, including the starting point guard this season. The two transfer guards who will be eligible next season will make a huge difference. Some of y'all just need to chill out and go back to football. And please don't pay any attention to basketball until late January. The program doesn't need your whining and complaining.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You haters need to keep up

Nov 3, 2015, 5:04 PM

You are wasting your time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Cuz the haters

Nov 3, 2015, 6:28 PM

gonna hate hate hate hate. In the words of the ole ball sack, you just gotta shake it off. Shake it off.

OK let's look at how great these transfers have been

Nov 3, 2015, 9:12 PM

They play lesser competition and averaging the same or less than when they where a Tiger.

A kid that takes a scholarship and leaves after all the offseason work has been done is out for himself. It's his inability to play. We have a good coach! I think he has trended at recruiting better every year. We will have a better shot at winning in the tournament with Brownell than before. He didn't come into a basketball school. Our Bball facilities were the worst in the ACC. It's a hard sell when he brings recruits and the students aren't here and Little John is half filled.

I personally think we make a mistake letting him go or bringing it up before we are in the new Arena. It's like this other coach who said in a couple years he's hanging it up. Recruiting fell off the face of the earth. Imagine what happens when the go on sites or hear the TV analysts saying the fans have him on the hot seat. It sets us back 4-6 more years.

We need to get behind this program like we have the football program. The recruits will come. I can be decent at coaching with great recruits.

In my opinion we all need to take inventory of what we do to promote Clemson basketball because we could be a great basketball program but they all have the same thing in common, a belief, an effort, a sacrifice, growing excitement and passion by all.

Go Tigers, win the ACC!!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic