Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
Great quote from Chuck Reedy regarding SCHSL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,054

Great quote from Chuck Reedy regarding SCHSL

Nov 20, 2012, 1:43 PM

“I’m not as diplomatic as Mr. Huskey (principal), but I spent 3-1/2 hours looking at puppets,” Reedy said, referring to the High School League’s executive committee.

I didn't really expect them to let Goose Creek play after denying them last week. There are rumors that Reedy may resign which would be a shame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they out again?***

Nov 20, 2012, 1:46 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep***

Nov 20, 2012, 1:49 PM

Yes...by practically the same vote as last week...there was

Nov 20, 2012, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Are they out again?*** ]

no way that the SCHSL was going to vote different. There needs to be a redo on all the rules etc.

Bottom line is the player played sparingly, had no bearing on the outcome of any games, and there was no intent of wrong doing by GC...fine the heck out of them, give them the old UNC reprimand, heck put on double secret probation, but to make one of the best teams in the state forfeit...cmon man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can he not go back to the judge?***

Nov 20, 2012, 1:58 PM

Re: Can he not go back to the judge?***

Nov 20, 2012, 2:02 PM

you can, but it won't do you any good.

Bottom line they didn't follow the rules either on purpose or by mistake. That is why the SCHSL voted twice and both time denied them.

If you have ever run a sports league you know that the rules are the rules. You cannot bend or revise them once you are in play.

The biggest thing that should come out of this is a rules modification.

Not nearly as simple as you make it sound...

Nov 20, 2012, 2:07 PM

There was some question as to whether the kid is special needs and exactly when he enrolled in high school. It was not cut and dry...or it didn't seem that way to me. You are right there needs to be some rule modifications.

They had a press conference and said that they

Nov 20, 2012, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Can he not go back to the judge?*** ]

were giving up...from P&C C&P..

Goose Creek principal Jimmy Huskey said Tuesday the school has exhausted all avenues with the High School League and there is no other recourse for the state’s top-ranked football team.

Huskey and Goose Creek coach Chuck Reedy held a news conference at the school to discuss the school’s options after the defending state champion’s season was ended by a High School League ruling.

“I have been at Goose Creek for 11 years, and its been the best 11 years of my professional career,” Reedy said. “I will have to certainly evaluate what my future is.”

Reedy did not say when he would make a decision. He said if he does resign, he will be out of the coaching profession for good.

“I’m not as diplomatic as Mr. Huskey, but I spend 3-1/2 hours looking at puppets,” Reedy said, referring to the High School League’s executive committee.

On Monday, the High School League’s executive committee, for the second time in five days, voted to uphold league commissioner Jerome Singleton’s ruling that the Gators used an ineligible player and had to forfeit 10 games the student dressed for or played in this season.

After the 14-0 vote, Jay Ragley, a committee member from the state department of education, made a motion to grant Goose Creek mercy. But the Executive Committee voted 12-2 to deny it.

Goose Creek beat Bluffton last week in the second round of the Division II-AAAA playoffs. Now Bluffton will advance and play at Northwestern on Friday.

He should resign. For cheating.

Nov 20, 2012, 2:12 PM

He should resign. For cheating.

Who should resign?***

Nov 20, 2012, 2:15 PM

Re: Who should resign?***

Nov 20, 2012, 2:42 PM

The SCHSL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Horsechit! TheSCHSL has its favorites!

Nov 20, 2012, 2:32 PM [ in reply to He should resign. For cheating. ]

Goose Creek just isn't one of them. If this was Byrnes or Summerville, no problem!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,054
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic