Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How long do you think we’ll be able to keep our staff together
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

How long do you think we’ll be able to keep our staff together

Jun 22, 2019, 10:25 PM

Talking mostly about BV, Scott, Elliot and Streeter bc I think Dabo will be here until he retires from coaching. Obviously they are all very happy or they wouldn’t have been here this long but do you think they are they here to win a few more championships or are they waiting on that perfect job offer to leave? Just curious as to what you guys think will happen in the next few years to the best staff in college football. I would go as far as to say this might be the best staff any college team has ever established and stayed this long. Life is good as a tiger fan. This is literally the only thing we have to worry about right now

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully as long as we keep winning championships.***

Jun 22, 2019, 10:37 PM

Re: Hopefully as long as we keep winning championships.***

Jun 23, 2019, 4:27 PM

Some assistant coaches seek a school where they can gain knowledge and experience as a stepping stone. I believe most current assistant coaches have that goal. However, there are a few assistants who view some schools and conditions as a destination. I tend to believe Venables falls in this category. I also believe Elliott and Scott will at some stage be offered a head coaching position but it will be one with the appeal we find at Clemson. On the other hand, their character makes it difficult to leave because they have recruited and coached these young men and they may feel a degree of loyalty to the players and other coaches. Every year as Clemson adds more trophies and honors, it also adds laurels to the credentials of our coaching staff and makes them a hot commodity.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How long do you think we’ll be able to keep our staff together

Jun 22, 2019, 10:46 PM

I think Elliot will be the first gone...he will take a Headcoaching gig somewhere....BV I dont see him going anywhere until his daughters graduate from Clemson (haha wishful thinking) but I do think he will be here at least 5 more years until his youngest son is gone and graduated. and Jeff Scott....I think he will take over whenever Dabo leaves

Jun 23, 2019, 12:42 AM

I don’t know, I think BV enjoys just being a DC and is not too concerned about being a head coach. He obviously loves it here and is getting paid very well for what he does. I honestly could see him being like Bud Foster and just be a DC his whole coaching career. Why not stick with a school that a dynasty is just beginning and get paid a million $ a year doing it? Maybe being a HC one day is his goal but if it were me I would finish my career at Clemson and enjoy winning championships. Just my opinion of course.

Remember reading that someone ....

Jun 23, 2019, 1:12 PM

asked BV why Tiger coaches weren't leaving or moving on...his reply was (to paraphrase) we can not find anything better. Clemson is experiencing the gilded age...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great question; here's my take ...

Jun 22, 2019, 10:48 PM

I think Dabo applies the same criteria when adding coaches as he does with recruiting players. It's a philosophy that drives everything he does. Find GOOD people that are willing to go "ALL IN". That means good people that understand or buy into the belief that we become the best we can be as individuals by committing 100% to play their part in being part of something bigger and more important than themselves. Things like "all in" and "best is the standard" and "family" are not just catchy phrases for Dabo. He sees the bigger picture and his biggest strength may be identifying the right people, the right fit. That is what has led to the continuity and stability in his coaching staff. His coaches realize and appreciate, because of who they are, that they are part of something special here at Clemson. I fully expect most, if not all of them, to move on at some point, but their staying as long as they do is no accident. Dabo has made Clemson a hard place to walk away from, and I expect us to continue to have better coaching stability than just about anybody, and when they do move on, I expect Dabo to have similarly capable coaches ready to step right in.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Great question; here's my take ...

Jun 22, 2019, 11:11 PM

I agree, I was talking to a friend tonight about the same topic. I cannot fully comprehend Dabo’s “culture, family concept, etc.” But obviously few others can either, because many are trying to copy (Muschamp) but are failing.

Re: Great question; here's my take ...

Jun 23, 2019, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Great question; here's my take ... ]

Great post smily. +1

It's a good question, but apply it to your own life

Jun 22, 2019, 11:29 PM

It's like worrying about who your 3 year old daughter is going to marry instead of enjoying walking her around while she's standing on your feet and holding your hands thinking she's taking big girl steps. Just enjoy the now. The future and its changes will get here before we're mentally prepared for it no matter when it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a good question, but apply it to your own life

Jun 23, 2019, 10:41 AM

What he said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: It's a good question, but apply it to your own life

Jun 23, 2019, 10:57 AM

If Mustcramp is trying to copy by doing similar things, it won't work, IMO. Dabo is successful because people see something genuine about him. It's much more than outward behavior. It's an integrity that the guy possesses that attracts so many. It's about quality rather than quantity. Not how many $, or what the facilities look like. Those things follow the intangibles. Personal and inner success will lead to the outside stuff. Just my opinion, but I don't think I'm too far off.

In the poetic words of Rick Astley: Together forever and never to part

Jun 23, 2019, 1:17 PM

Together forever and never to part
Together forever we two
And don't you know
I would move heaven and earth
To be together forever with you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Rick Astley and Poetic in the same sentence. LOL!***

Jun 23, 2019, 1:52 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6.317 years***

Jun 23, 2019, 1:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I really believe...

Jun 23, 2019, 2:10 PM

these men are Christian and guided by God. They will leave when He wills it and probably not before. I also believe they are intent on blooming where they have been planted and they all have deep roots in Clemson.

Imo, they may be temped by money but they seem quite capable of resisting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God likes us better than the coots

Jun 23, 2019, 2:39 PM

obviously

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfair.

Jun 23, 2019, 3:47 PM

God loves everyone but not everyone loves God.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really believe...

Jun 23, 2019, 5:46 PM [ in reply to I really believe... ]

Well, Jeff Scott was in Columbia with his dad, but he came to Clemson and played football. Got a coaching gig here. Coach Elliott, same without Columbia. Coach Streeter. The same. Why would they leave? Great place to be and they love each other like family. Kids are in school there. It would have to be a major screw up to leave or be fired. We are all human. I know it would be a dream job being there and blooming!!

Re: I really believe...

Jun 23, 2019, 5:46 PM [ in reply to I really believe... ]

Well, Jeff Scott was in Columbia with his dad, but he came to Clemson and played football. Got a coaching gig here. Coach Elliott, same without Columbia. Coach Streeter. The same. Why would they leave? Great place to be and they love each other like family. Kids are in school there. It would have to be a major screw up to leave or be fired. We are all human. I know it would be a dream job being there and blooming!!

Jun 23, 2019, 2:21 PM

Hope you don't mind hearing from me on this but ...

When a key link does leave, and it's only a matter of time, I am confident that DS will replace with someone that can fill the shoes. He has his clout ... he learned from the best ... and I have no reason to believe anything different. A great coach will be chomping at the bit to work for him and build his own resume.

Jun 23, 2019, 4:11 PM

Elliot is the only one I see making a head coaching move up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV is here for the long haul

Jun 23, 2019, 4:17 PM

Doubt if Jeff ever leaves Clemson. Dad will tell him it's better to have a GREAT job than go to a crap school and fail.

My personal opinion, Elliott would leave 0ne day in the distant future, Street will move up and another former Clemson guy brought back(Allen or Korn).

These guys want their families raised in Clemson

Jun 23, 2019, 7:11 PM

It’ll cost whoever takes them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic