Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could ETN eclipse the 2,000 yard mark this season? It's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Could ETN eclipse the 2,000 yard mark this season? It's

Jul 30, 2019, 1:31 PM

going to be hard with the all around talent we have and as much as we will spread the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he does, I hope it is because he gets 500 yards in the

Jul 30, 2019, 1:38 PM

last 2 games.......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Games 14 and 15 I assume...

Jul 30, 2019, 3:33 PM

:)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could ETN eclipse the 2,000 yard mark this season? It's

Jul 30, 2019, 1:40 PM

Could he...absolutely. Will he...probably not.

Last year he had almost 1700 yards on about 200 attempts. That's less than 15 carries a game, but mainly due to not playing late into games due to big leads. I would expect more of the same in 2019 unless he is getting a lot of Heisman love. A bit of an unknown whether the coaches will play him later into games to help his Heisman numbers or stick with a formula that has worked well for the big games late in the season. I tend to think they (and he) might favor the latter as I think they all have the bigger picture in mind.

Jul 30, 2019, 3:08 PM

As others have said... Could he possibly reach 2000yds. Absolutely! Will he? not likely... However, with Feaster transferring, the depth chart is much smaller. I do see the possibility of us having 2 RB's with 1000+ yds as well as 2 WR's with 1000+ yds all in the same season! If Etienne, Dixon, Higgins, and Ross all have the seasons that they are capable of. That would be a more interesting stat to me, especially with the amount of players the coaching staff likes to get playing time.

2,000 / 15 games = 133.3 yds per game. Possible but unlikely.***

Jul 30, 2019, 3:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm betting the farm on it

Jul 30, 2019, 3:49 PM

now that Feaster has left.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 30, 2019, 4:03 PM

I actually think he will get to 2,000 yards.That is 250 touches at his current pace. Or 17 carries (rounding up) per 15 wins. I think he hits that mark this season as we will need to both control and produce more offensively.

The reason why I say this is because I think the offense will need to keep the hammer down longer early in the season as the D finds its footing. It will not be as lock-down until later in the season and 2019 will feel like 2015/2016 with some closer shootouts. How many 4th and goals did we stop last year? I would half those stops so teams will get another 7pts against us.

THIS ^^^^***

Jul 30, 2019, 5:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Could ETN eclipse the 2,000 yard mark this season? It's ]

That's assuming though that he'd be able to repeat averaging over 8 yards per carry as he did last year. I'm not saying he can't because obviously he's done it before, but that is no easy task. Even if he averaged 20 carries per game he would need to gain 6.7 yards per carry, which is doable considering his stats up to now, but that's still a lot to assume.

Great question

Jul 30, 2019, 4:06 PM

Sure hope he does. Hopefully we can get the games over with early so we can just ground and pound. Would love to see Chase Brice get significant play time. We need that guy ready at all time. Something tells me he’s always prepared.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic