Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Win or lose Monday, we just need to take a moment this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Win or lose Monday, we just need to take a moment this week

Jan 2, 2019, 11:42 AM

and realize where we are as a program right now: we're about to play in our THIRD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN 4 YEARS!!!

I remember watching teams like FSU, Nebraska, Miami, The Real USC, play for the Natty growing up wondering what it was like to watch the '81 team win it all and thinking that I'd never see Clemson do it again.

I'm not the oldest fan on the Board but I suffered through the Bowden years when I was at Clemson. I remember beating the Gamecocks more often than not, but also getting destroyed by Tex Tech and Kliff Kingsbury in the Tangerine Bowl (I think?); beating Miami on the road and losing to Duke the next week; watching Wake Forest win the ACC, losing to Maryland to keep us out of the ACCCG; sitting on The Hill watching a game-winning TD fall through Aaron Kelly's hands against BC...

I never thought we'd see the promised land, much less this often.

Take a moment in the excitement leading up to the game this week and think about how spoiled we are to be witnessing this era of Tiger Football!

GO TIGERS!! ROLL THE TIDE!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Win or lose Monday, we just need to take a moment this week

Jan 2, 2019, 11:50 AM

Cheers, to us all Clemson fans, players, coaches, and alumni....
"The Best is yet to come". Dabo 2018
My first game was Clemson vs. NC State 1976 , we won 7-3 , wow I fell in love with Clemson football that first game as 9 year old, now I'm 51 years old , and I can honestly say We have Arrived , Clemson is the Standard, and Clemson is Elite!! What a awesome time to be alive to see this happen for us fans and alumni... Go Tigers beat bama!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 7:45 AM

That NC State game in 1976 was my first game also at 9 years old. YMCA football coach took our team. That is what turned me into a Clemson fan. Still have the "Original Tiger Rag" I bought at the stadium hanging up in my office.

Jan 2, 2019, 11:51 AM

I am so glad you posted this and I could not agree more. I have been around long enough to watch the Frank Howard teams of the 1960s. We are extremely fortunate to be where we are now in every respect.it is not only the winning but also the coaches, the culture, the program etc etc. We should never forget what we have now!!!

Jan 3, 2019, 5:44 AM

Here here with the Frank Howard days to now!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't trade my Hatfield / west year's for

Jan 2, 2019, 11:57 AM

Anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I was a junior in 1976 when we went to the Gator Bowl.......

Jan 2, 2019, 12:01 PM

for our first bowl game since the late 50s. We definitely thought that was the BIG TIME and that we had made it to the big time. And relatively speaking it was.

I remember the excitement level about playing Pittsburgh being as much or more as it is now about playing Alabama.

I never thought we would truly become a major national program like we are now.

Re: I was a junior in 1976 when we went to the Gator Bowl.......

Jan 3, 2019, 5:48 AM

We were proud of being a FB first small school that others better not sleep on bc we could knock off the bad boyz if they took us lightly!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I couldnt agree more

Jan 2, 2019, 12:08 PM

Dabo has lead us to the promised land of College Football. Win or lose Monday these are great times!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure hope we win, BUT...if we lose we still had an...

Jan 2, 2019, 12:14 PM

...outstanding year and should be proud even if Bama wins 24-6

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!

Jan 2, 2019, 12:43 PM

My first game was at Duke in like 2002. I think Charlie Whitehurst had to break a passing record in order for us to come back and win that game.

I remember when we won the Peach Bowl over Tennessee - I could not imagine it getting any better/much higher than that.

We are in rarefied air right now and I going to yell until I lose my voice on Monday night - I can’t wait!

Message was edited by: Matthetiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

I can barely contain my excitement. This game is going to

Jan 2, 2019, 12:47 PM

be a good one! I can't wait to see what Venables has dialed up for Tua.

Very good post. These are the good ole days.***

Jan 2, 2019, 12:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.***

Jan 2, 2019, 12:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right there with ya

Jan 2, 2019, 1:16 PM

I wasn't really old enough to follow Clemson football until Bowden got here. I too grew up with Clemson in the Tommy Bowden "one play away" era. We always found a way to disappoint.

In 2015, going to the natty felt like a once-in-a-lifetime experience that might never come again and here we are going to our third in four years....WOW. We truly are in the promised land right now.

Jan 2, 2019, 4:14 PM

Excellent post. I've been around through Ford, Hatfield, and so forth. The Tommy West years were hard. There was a Clemson/Carolina game where the winner would have their third win (I think it was 3 or 4) for the season. We won that game.

I can recall being excited about going to Boise for the Humanitarian bowl or the Clemson fan base writing bowl sites about selecting Clemson because we bring so many fans.

Times have changed, and I am thankful to where Dabo has lead us....the best is yet to come and the best is the standard.

Jan 3, 2019, 5:42 AM

Fans at every school in the country ( other than Bama ) dream about, and wish they were in the same elite status as Clemson has been for the past 5 years. Go Tigers!!!

Amen.***

Jan 3, 2019, 5:55 AM

Great post. We have a lot to be proud of right now regardless of what happens Monday.

Jan 3, 2019, 6:51 AM

Of course the year will be a lot sweeter with a win. Go Tigers!

Jan 3, 2019, 7:37 AM

hear, here!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 9:47 AM

I could not agree more! I was commenting yesterday about how incredible it is to have this era. I started going to games in 1974 and have been a season ticket holder for 40 years. I went to the 81 game and the 2016 game along with a bunch of not so great games. I will always be there but this is most definitely a special time.

Jan 3, 2019, 9:49 AM

SO TRUE!
Also, that's a cool pic of you....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 9:58 AM

ms midland and I have been to so many of these games in the past few years and have loved every minute of it. We didn’t go to Dallas but spent the weekend in Clemson to watch the game. We are not going to the Natty but decided to take off Monday and Tuesday and spend them in Clemson. I’ll be the old man partying downtown like I’m a undergrad. Win or lose it is going to be a great time.

Hard to believe our old cow college in the upstate is or has become a college football blue blood.

Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 3, 2019, 10:04 AM

Absolutely Acevans! Going through the Hatfield, West and Bowden years makes this all the more sweet!

Go Tigers!!!

You’re probably right around my age. I was class ‘06.

Jan 3, 2019, 10:19 AM

We never missed a home Clemson football or basketball game - no matter how much we stunk. We went to a few away football games every year too. We dreamt of seeing our Tigers play for a national championship. Dreamt!! Kids these days have NO IDEA just how good they’ve got it. Cherish these years, Tiger fans. They won’t last forever.

Class of '09. Went 3-1 vs. USuCk and had the '06 GT-Gameday

Jan 3, 2019, 5:01 PM

game but not a ton of great football other than that...

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic