Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're gonna miss Deshaun Watson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

We're gonna miss Deshaun Watson.

Apr 8, 2017, 4:13 PM

That's to be expected though, and having said that, I really think we have four good QBs, and I think we can win a lot of games with any of them. None have really demonstrated yet the ability to throw the ball downfield with any real consistency, but the potential seems to be there. They all seem to have a good grasp of the offense and what do do with the ball. I figure with more reps over the summer and fall, the timing will improve

Keep in mind that each of these QBs is playing against one of the best defenses in the country, and it's a defense that knows all of the plays and the tendencies of all of the offensive players. Even though neither offense is playing against the true 1st string D, I really believe that with our depth and talent, any 50/50 mixture of 1st and 2nd team (which is pretty much what you have) would still be a top defense.

Bryant reminds me of Jalen Hurts; great runner, good leader, decent passer. Good enough to lead a super talented team to the national championship. Very impressed with Johnson; smart, fast, athletic, and a good arm. Cooper can sling it, but I have been impressed with his ability to tuck it and run when needed. Israel really knows the offense, and it shows. I think we are in good shape.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Great post***

Apr 8, 2017, 4:15 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As usual.***

Apr 8, 2017, 5:03 PM

Good post, but....

Apr 8, 2017, 4:19 PM

I think with Bryant we will lose a couple of games. The others it is really hard to say.

I like "Great post" better.

Apr 8, 2017, 4:24 PM

Keep in mind that Bryan sprained the pinky finger on his throwing hand during the first series and has had it in a splint ever since.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agreed. Based on what I've seen today, I'm liking HJ.

Apr 8, 2017, 4:28 PM

Keeping in mind he could be in his senior year of high school right now.

If he can do what he is doing now after a couple of months on campus, I'm optimistic about his future.

All have their strengths, none are DW4.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy to see why he was #1 QB in the country.

Apr 8, 2017, 4:33 PM

Way ahead of where I expected him to be at this point.

- H. L. Mencken

I'm impressed with Johnson as well

Apr 8, 2017, 4:37 PM

Today was his first real experience with the speed of the college game - and he experienced it against the defense that just won the national championship.

I think it will take him about four games to really get his feet under him. He's going to be fun to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Coop looked like the best all around QB.

Apr 8, 2017, 5:00 PM

I expect him to eventually assume the starting role.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.

Apr 8, 2017, 5:11 PM

Johnson is the heir apparent, but he's not ready just yet IMHO. A lot of teams would love to have ZC as their starter at this point.

Re: We're gonna miss Deshaun Watson.

Apr 8, 2017, 5:09 PM

I agree with most the OP said, but I think if we combined the best strengths of all 4 QB's, then we might have something close to DW4. DW4 is that great. This is nothing against our 4 guys, 'cause they are pretty good at different things.

Bryant can RUN.
Tucker can PASS.
Cooper and Johnson can RUN and PASS, but need some serious coaching.

Personally, I think Cooper & Johnson give us the best chance to win games. I'm afraid teams will stack the box on Bryant, and rush 3 on Tucker.

A lot of what will be missed we won't be able to see

Apr 8, 2017, 9:18 PM

DW got us into and out of plays a lot, and made the right call nearly every time. There will be some growing pains with a new guy, whoever it is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... a fact that seems to favor Tucker at this point.***

Apr 8, 2017, 10:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're gonna miss Deshaun Watson.

Apr 8, 2017, 10:08 PM

True. We also have to keep in mind we never saw Deshaun Watson during his freshman year Spring Game because of a shoulder injury. He might have made a big improvement before the start of the season. The next QB can do the same.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic