Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All a coach can ever ask of a player is for that player to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

All a coach can ever ask of a player is for that player to

Nov 24, 2014, 6:13 PM

give his best. Giving one's best may not make you the best. Heck it might not even get you honorable mention at the beer drinking contest. When you give your best, however, and it is not enough, there is nothing of which to be embarrassed or ashamed. I am an old man now and it took me a life time to understand that about myself--about others.

I think Cole has given his best. He has been hurt and the line has not served him well, but he has not complained to my knowledge. He rode the pine for 3 years and gave support when needed. He has done all that can be expected--"His best!" He knows he's not the best QB in America and he certainly knows we know he's not. We have certainly reminded him of it adnauseam. All he can do is give the best effort he can. I think he has done that.

I for one admire his character, his maturity, and his commitment to the Clemson family and team. I would take Cole over a narcissist like Cam Newton any day. Yea, I know, but I would not make a Faustian bargain and sell my soul for a National Title like Auburn did. The end does not justify the means to the end.

Cole may not be the best QB in college football, but he is our QB, a product and a great example of Clemson University and he will give us his best Saturday!

Win or lose Saturday, that will not change for me. Either way I will be proud of him.

Now! Go Tigers! Eat some chicken!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: All a coach can ever ask of a player is for that player to

Nov 24, 2014, 6:15 PM

Well said. Wish his haters would get a clue

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post!***

Nov 24, 2014, 6:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Nov 24, 2014, 6:28 PM

Regardless of the horrid posts, I think the majority of fans share your sentiments. No doubt, Watson is a special player, but Cole is a Tiger and deserves more posts like yours.

OK...you're right...of course...I'm serious***

Nov 24, 2014, 6:31 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Agree Totally !!! Great post!****

Nov 24, 2014, 6:31 PM

NM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 6:45 PM

Amen brother!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2014, 7:50 PM

Thank You....Well said!

Yes, that was very well stated woffordterrier

Nov 24, 2014, 7:55 PM

If you give all you have all the time, then there is nothing to be ashamed of. Cole or any other Tiger knows this well because we only have WINNERS in life and football!!

Go Tigers!!

Dude, you win at life...not just because your post is great

Nov 24, 2014, 7:55 PM

But because on rivalry week, you used the term "Faustian bargain"...

You have no idea how many coots are confused beyond recognition right now...lol.

But really, great post, great words. 110% agreed...and if you don't...keep your filthy opinions off our players...

He's good enough to Win the game.***

Nov 25, 2014, 8:17 AM

Nov 25, 2014, 8:29 AM

Coaches should also ask Watson to drink more milk so he doesn't come back next year made out of toothpicks

Was so glad to see the love shown for him last week.***

Nov 3, 2015, 9:53 AM

Nov 25, 2014, 9:05 AM

Its not the fact that Cole isn't a great QB but rather a bad decision maker. It also pisses me off hearing Dabo say how great he is when he clearly is not even average. Good post ,but I ain't buying it. Sorry.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2014, 9:33 AM

Great post! A true lesson in life as well as football. Go Tigers!

Thank you.***

Nov 25, 2014, 10:46 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you.***

Nov 25, 2014, 11:33 AM

What those openly critical of Cole don't seem to grasp, is that those of us that "support" Cole understand his limitations. Unfortunately, we are constantly reminded of them. What is fact? Until DW is healthy, he is our guy.q Why then not support him as our QB? No, that would make too much sense, to come together as a Clemson family and support a guy in his last hurrah as a Tiger. One last thing, do you not think for one single second that Cole isn't already aware of his limitations and fears better than anyone of us. But nothing anyone says will make people believe anything they don't want to believe.

Say Cole wins the game Saturday, the GTech game will be a

Nov 25, 2014, 12:30 PM

distant memory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well written. Respectfully not on the same page.

Nov 25, 2014, 1:40 PM

Cole's best will lose on Saturday. And another loss will result in Cole, Chad and Dabo being ripped unmercifully by "true" Clemson fans for several months - as well as Clemson fans bearing the brunt of jokes for the next year. I wish Cole the best in his post-college career as a fellow alum, but hopefully he will not play a down on Saturday. The best case scenario for Cole, Dabo and all Clemson fans & alums is for a HEALTHY D-Wat to play all 60 mins on Saturday.

If this post seems a little undiplomatically mean, it probably is. Mean and true.

I played football for seven yrs, lost 9 games in 7 years, and my head and asst coaches wanted wins. Losses were ALWAYS a sign of players not giving their best.

If Clemson's best is losing to SC six years in a row, then from my perspective untalented Clemson players giving their best and repetitively losing is unacceptable. We are not Wake Forest, Vanderbilt or UVA.

MB Socy Howell, Class of 1984

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All-time Tigernet great post!

Nov 25, 2014, 1:42 PM

Thanks AWT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Not sure this guy is an alumnus. Can he say these things?***

Nov 25, 2014, 6:04 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic