Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A point about Gameday being at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,450

A point about Gameday being at Clemson

Sep 28, 2015, 4:57 PM

I've read negative comments regarding ESPN being on campus for a few days and that while there is a lot of publicity for Clemson, it is also a distraction to the players. We have got to get past this mindset. We always talk about wanting to be considered elite. We are closer now than ever in the modern years. It has been right at 35 years since we won a National Championship. If we want to play and run with the big dogs we are going to have to be bigger and not soft when it comes to interviews or the chance that we could play a bad game and get embarrased. Two games stick out in my mind as just the worst debacles we could have imagined- the game against West Virginia and the last time Gameday was here. Those 2 games didn't hurt recruiting. Now that's not to say that had we won we might have won a few more recruiting battles though. However, Dabo has brought us a long way. In my mind I see Venables as the best DC in college football. Look what he has done to us. He did more with less his first year here. Look at the contrast and comparisons in our defense from the opening game against Auburn to the bowl game against LSU. Huge improvements. We are continuing to improve as well.

When we lost all of the guys on defense from last year there were so many writing us off. We aren't ranked number 1, but we aren't #50 or lower either. Look at the roster and think about how well we are doing, how much talent is sitting in redshirt years, and who we have verbals from. This is the way you become and stay consistent. The other side of the ball is the same way. Watson, Bryant, Tucker, and Zerrick Cooper will be on the same roster for 1 if not 2 years unless someone transfers or Watson goes pro early.

In addition to this weekend. Out of all the teams playing this weekend ESPN chose to come to Clemson. That is the same weekend that Bama is playing Georgia. That says a lot.

Let's embrace this weekend. Let's enjoy it. Imagine how big Clemson looks with a win.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm already here!!!! ??

Sep 28, 2015, 5:20 PM

See ya Thursday night for the start of the party!...errr SATURDAY!!!

Sea of ORANGE!!!
beat the Lepracan'ts & take their pot'o'gold!!!
Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would hate being a prof at Clemson this week - especially

Sep 28, 2015, 5:29 PM

any 101 thru 301 class

I mean would anyone give a #### about class this week

except me of course - I'd be in class

I feel sorry for the professors though - they need a hug

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Great point,YES, though it may be a bit early to enshrine BV

Sep 28, 2015, 5:32 PM

We are almost a totally different program than we were for the past 20 years, and much, MUCH for the better.

This game this weekend has one direct descendant that we're all thinking about though, and that is the FSU game in 2013 that made us all sick.

Let's get through this year and next and add a little hardware to the trophy case before we start handing out the superlatives.

Excellent progress with the defense though, without a doubt.

But defense wins championships, soooooo......

LET'S GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,450
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic