Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pfizer asking for Emergency approval today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 477

Pfizer asking for Emergency approval today

Nov 20, 2020, 7:19 AM

they have 100 million vaccine kits ready to ship 24 hours after approval

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FDA will drag their feet

Nov 20, 2020, 7:22 AM

Cause they can....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

got to get Biden in the White House

Nov 20, 2020, 7:44 AM

before anything positive happens with the China Virus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The FDA is under the direction of the President.

Nov 20, 2020, 7:53 AM

What you are positing seems counter-intuitive.

deep state bro, deep state***

Nov 20, 2020, 8:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news

Nov 20, 2020, 8:27 AM

More info on the potential timeline:

How much vaccine is available and when is a moving target, but initial supplies will be scarce and rationed. Globally, Pfizer has estimated it could have 50 million doses available by year’s end.

About 25 million may become available for U.S. use in December, 30 million in January and 35 million more in February and March, according to information presented to the National Academy of Medicine this week. Recipients will need two doses, three weeks apart.

https://apnews.com/article/us-news-coronavirus-pandemic-177b3ba382517392911c029ecbe74daa

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I wish there were a way to speed this up

Nov 20, 2020, 8:35 AM

I'm sure its the same or worse where you are but facing a second shutdown will see many, many business that have been barely hanging on go down and it doesnt look like the congress or the president are offering any help to them. Big business will be fine and I'm convinced that's what is driving the lack of movement on releif.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The good news is Pfizer's not the only game in town.***

Nov 20, 2020, 8:51 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moderna could ship in December too

Nov 20, 2020, 9:49 AM

Johnson and Johnson is getting close too.

The question is how many people will get vaccinated? There are a lot of ignorant people out there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish there were a way to speed this up

Nov 20, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to I wish there were a way to speed this up ]

Alex,

I agree. The Senate should get off their assses and work on a another stimulus package right now !! The winter is going to be tough no matter how fast the vaccine is distributed, so the need to block up the economy again is obvious. Any delay increases the need for a bigger stimulus - or decreases the effectiveness of whatever stimulus is passed.

"There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see, yet small enough to solve." - Michael O. Leavitt (1951 - ),

Great news. Unfortunately it will probably be next spring/summer

Nov 20, 2020, 10:34 AM

before it’s widely available, but that’s better than nothing. This stuff always takes longer than expected. Heck I still can’t sign up for a same day rapid test. First available reservations are 2-3 days out where I live. Luckily I’m not a high risk person, so I don’t mind waiting longer for a vaccine.

Re: Pfizer asking for Emergency approval today

Nov 20, 2020, 11:11 AM

I welcome these vaccines, but I cannot help but be a bit worried in the back of my mind.

The faster we go, the more likely that there might be unintended consequences.

Replies: 11
| visibility 477
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic