Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Black Lies Matter- the Problem not the Solution
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Black Lies Matter- the Problem not the Solution

May 31, 2020, 10:25 PM

I’m failing to understand why an unjust act in one region of the country is causing violent protests in all areas of the country.

Are there racist and corrupt cops? Sure there are some but there’s countless others who are ethical people doing their jobs impeccably well.

Also how does inflicting violence and destroying property help your cause? How are you better than the people you’re protesting against?

It’s a well known fact that BLM ships in rioters to different areas of the country.

If any person is prejudiced already, seeing
people looting and rioting is only going to reinforce the negative stereotypes, not help break them down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Black Lies Matter- the Problem not the Solution

May 31, 2020, 10:36 PM

you are obviously white!

May 31, 2020, 10:41 PM

Is he wrong?

May 31, 2020, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Black Lies Matter- the Problem not the Solution ]

Yes, I’m white. Do you have a coherent rebuttal or would you just like to paint me as a white bigot for questioning BLM’s narrative?

Jun 2, 2020, 1:00 AM

I have a coherent repbuttal. First of all, your wrong. It isn't a 'well known fact' that BLM ships in rioters. Look at the vidoes and the photos, most of the rioters are white, most of the looters are white. The first fire in Minneapolis was started by a white police officer from a nearby town.

You miss the most obvious. Others are protesting because they endure similar treatment in their cities. Sen. Tim Scott (R) SC said on Fox News Sunday that even as an elected official he was pulled over for no reason 7 times in one year. His crime? "He was a black man driving a car", his words, not mine.

American's are anxious, desperate and afraid. 41 million out of work, 100,000 dead, 200,000 hospitalized, the virus is spreading and our cities are on fire. The looters and the rioters are mostly white men in their 20's. Every city has career criminals do you think they're just staying home?

This is much bigger than liberal vs conservative. Our country is falling apart and we have a President who STILL hasn't addressed the country. The son of a biitch just tweets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You obviously have never had the

May 31, 2020, 10:59 PM

"liberal lobotomy."

Re: You obviously have never had the

May 31, 2020, 11:08 PM

On a smaller scale, Geekfest in the late 80’s in Va. Beach was very similar to what’s happening now. I remember one merchant on the boardwalk that camped out in his store with the lights off. Sure enough his windows were broken and a crowd came in and started looting and tearing up the place. He shot one of them and propped him up outside of his store to send a serious message and it worked.

Re: You obviously have never had the

May 31, 2020, 11:11 PM

Greekfest

May 31, 2020, 11:01 PM

It’s well known BLM ships in protestors? Can you share sources? Preferably not brietbart lol

Great football comment, Moran***

May 31, 2020, 11:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be black for a day, week, or a month. See if that changes

May 31, 2020, 11:29 PM

your attitude. Yeah, you can’t do that, so maybe try some understanding instead of trying to make things worse. I ain’t giving rioters/looters a pass, but the folks that have protested peacefully have drawn scorn too.

You want a better America? Participate, help make it better for everybody...before the riots happen.

Re: Be black for a day, week, or a month. See if that changes

May 31, 2020, 11:34 PM

Ok, Karen.

Jun 1, 2020, 1:04 AM

Let’s just pretend the President of the United States didn’t call Kaepernick and other kneelers sons a b1tches.

Old Sack I can always count on you

Jun 1, 2020, 1:18 AM

Yeah, they weren’t protesting the unfair treatment of black

Jun 1, 2020, 1:25 AM

people at all. Stay uptight and extra white, Karen.

You're way too old to be trying to use memes

Jun 1, 2020, 1:33 AM

Your MAGA panties are in a twist again.***

Jun 1, 2020, 1:38 AM

This is the point where I just ignore you going forward

Jun 1, 2020, 1:45 AM

Goodnight Karen.***

Jun 1, 2020, 1:53 AM

Careful, dude.

Jun 9, 2020, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Ok, Karen. ]

He can block you now. Unlimited power.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

That's a massive load of BS.

May 31, 2020, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Be black for a day, week, or a month. See if that changes ]

Nothing justifies the criminal behavior we are witnessing now on such a massive scale. Innocent people are being victimized, and it's wrong. Unreal that anybody would try to justify or rationalize it. Being black for a day or a week or a month doesn't change that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You don’t want riots? Then give the same rights you have

Jun 1, 2020, 1:02 AM

to black men and women. Or are you just gonna lie to yourself and others and say we all have the same rights? You want cops to come to your car with guns drawn when you get pulled over, or would you just rather they not do that to black people?

Rioting doesn’t help anything, but if you don’t want it, recognize inequality and do something about it. It’s not black vs white, pub vs dem, rich vs poor; it’s Americans, just like you, that are not treated like you. You want to snowflake about rioting, but poor treatment and killing of people just like you elicits little response? It’s all of our jobs to fix it before it happens again.

I believe that a lot of black people are treated differently

Jun 1, 2020, 7:52 AM

by some bad people. I think that's wrong. It's a massive lie that black people, in general, are being routinely preyed upon by white police (or white people in general). Even if it were true, it still does not in any way, by any stretch of the craziest person's mind or twisted logic, justify the victimization of more and more innocent people. You are one sick individual if you believe that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You’re ignoring reality then. Black people being

Jun 1, 2020, 9:39 AM

treated poorly by cops is a standard, not a an irregularity.

Rioting doesn’t help anything, it just doesn’t surprise me. You pick on an individual or a group of people long enough, it shouldn’t surprise anyone when they fight back.

Really? How do you know?

Jun 1, 2020, 12:47 PM

Explain how you came to believe it is the standard. And how do you explain white people who get treated badly by cops? And how do you explain black people being treated badly by black cops? Racism is not the magic bullet, and should not be assumed without evidence in specific cases; in other words, we can't just assume that white cops are racists in any given incident, but that's exactly what happens.

- H. L. Mencken

You need to pull your head out of the sand

Jun 1, 2020, 2:54 PM

if you think all Americans enjoy the same rights as you, especially with regard to police interaction. If you can’t see the problem, that’s on you.

You didn’t answer his question.

Jun 9, 2020, 6:42 AM

That blanket, meaningless statement “pull your head out of the sand” does nothing to help your argument.

Here’s a talking point; more unarmed white Americans were killed in 2019 than unarmed blacks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yeah, but TRY BEING BLACK FOR 5 MINUTES!!***

Jun 9, 2020, 7:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You’re ignoring reality then. Black people being

Jun 9, 2020, 6:40 AM [ in reply to You’re ignoring reality then. Black people being ]

https://imgur.com/I1htmcF

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No, not like that...

May 31, 2020, 11:35 PM

what Form of protest do you find acceptable?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m gonna take

May 31, 2020, 11:41 PM

Every panel of that was criticized when it happened...

Jun 1, 2020, 12:16 AM

So shut the #### up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every panel of that was criticized when it happened...

Jun 1, 2020, 12:27 AM

Jun 2, 2020, 7:14 AM

You know, for someone who whines and escalates every time someone responds to your opinionated posts, I have never seen more personally-directed attacks from ANYONE who has posted in this forum in like a decade, outside of maybe Corny.

Bottom line, you’re a terrible contributor to this forum. You’re exactly the kind of poster that takes all this way too seriously and would do something like try to wreck someone’s personal life over stupid internet quarrels. I would strongly encourage you to take a look at the kind of interactions you have with others here on a daily basis and consider whether it’s everyone else that is the problem, or whether perhaps this sort of social interaction just isn’t for you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Every panel of that was criticized when it happened... ]

They were criticized because they are absolutely absent when a Spanish, White , Chinese, European Or any other race for that matter are killed. If you advocate for equality then why not start by acting like every life matters and should be treated equal?

The kind that doesn't victimize scores of innocent people

Jun 1, 2020, 12:00 AM [ in reply to No, not like that... ]

with violent criminal behavior. Besides, the whole idea that black lives don't matter to white people or white cops is totally bogus in the first place.

- H. L. Mencken

Jun 1, 2020, 12:03 AM

It's a systemic problem.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 2:01 AM

these are criminals, not protesters

Jun 1, 2020, 2:12 AM

Jun 1, 2020, 2:15 AM

if property cannot be protected, why are property owners paying taxes?

i dont believe gubmint will be able to confiscate firearms, they cant stop criminals on skateboards burning their city

Jun 1, 2020, 2:27 AM

Jun 2, 2020, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Black Lies Matter- the Problem not the Solution ]

They're not "Dem cities", they're American cities. Washington was on fire as well, is DC a Dem city?
This isn't Dem vs Rep or Lib vs Conservative. Our country is falling apart.

I stopped reading after the first sentence because it's

Jun 9, 2020, 10:13 AM

clear that you haven't taken the time to see the entire picture, to listen to all the stories, etc.
Breonna Taylor for instance is another, current cause of upset, anger, call for change. these are just 2 of many. it's not just one case. it's not just one region.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic