Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: More Chapters Remain In 2007's Book
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,419

Sep 17, 2007, 5:42 PM

While the No. 15 ranking is nice, it may be a little early for Clemson to be that high in the polls. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great article

Sep 17, 2007, 5:49 PM

"One game at a time."

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen to Danno***

Sep 17, 2007, 8:49 PM

Re: Great article

Sep 17, 2007, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Great article ]

I agree fully with Dan. The 3-0 start is wonderful, who would argue with that, but this past week , it could have been a different story had it not been for the turnovers when the Paladins were moving the ball. Furman, though not in the same class as the Tigers, have pulled off the upset in both football and basketball over the years.
I do think that Harper is doing a great job, and the job should be HIS until he shows he is not the man for the job. I just hope that Willy does get into each game for a series or two, just to get his confidence up, just in case he is needed due to an injury, or a letdown by Cullen.
I also agree that a #15 ranking is a little high at this point, but there are not too many undefeated teams, so we have drifted up. Once we see what happens with the 3 upcoming ACC games, we will have a better feel for this team. I do believe that neither of those teams have more talent than us; it will be a matter of execution. (I hope we will not be the ones shot). If we happen to make it through those games unscathed, I believe the confidence derived from those games may just carry us through the rest of the season.
One good thing about this coming weekend, ONE team ranked above us in one poll, and tied with us in the other will defintely go down in RED STICK to those LSU Tigers. LSU is so much better than the ##### that there may be a major chicken plucking in the bayous. LSU should win that game by double digits, and those double digits should start at least with a 2.

Who's thinking otherwise?

Sep 17, 2007, 6:02 PM

At least in the circles I hang in, no one is disagreeing with you. We're ranked too high. Proctor was in the same position same time last year. We've beat "nobody." And most of all, we looked terrible in as many areas as we looked good in our win against Furman.

It's my humble opinion that the great writers are not writing to impress anything onto the public, but rather, writing about what the public is already talking about.
In this case, you've done that.

Tiger Nation is handling this ranking with pride and a great deal of humility because we all agree.... (from the words of BTO) we ain't seen nothing yet!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I do not recall Proctor EVER throwing the ball well

Sep 17, 2007, 6:24 PM

downfield.

Bubble screen? Sure . . . but he never threw a decent deep ball.

TD to Stuckey at FSU was a nice throw***

Sep 17, 2007, 6:26 PM

He threw an extremely pretty pass to Grisham vs BC too.***

Sep 17, 2007, 6:27 PM [ in reply to I do not recall Proctor EVER throwing the ball well ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate it when people say, "we are ranked too high."

Sep 17, 2007, 6:26 PM

Why even make that statement. If we are ranked too high, then we will soon find out. If we're not, and IF this year is a special year (I'm not saying it will be), then the higher we are in the ratings now, the better.

As long as the players don't get an overinflated idea of themselves, which they better not considering last year, then being a little "over ranked" is a good thing.

good point***

Sep 17, 2007, 6:35 PM

Think ole Dan Scott thinks WVU is ranked too high?

Sep 17, 2007, 6:47 PM [ in reply to I hate it when people say, "we are ranked too high." ]

I bet not. Probably vice versa...

U know he doesn't! Lowest rating I've ever given him so far!***

Sep 17, 2007, 7:35 PM

Actually, with their D being a little suspect I think...

Sep 17, 2007, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Think ole Dan Scott thinks WVU is ranked too high? ]

...they are probably ranked too high. Top 10, perhaps, but not Top 5. But I'll take it...LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Commentary: More Chapters Remain In 2007's Book

Sep 17, 2007, 6:45 PM

Who is not ranked to high? After 3 games very few teams have answered the questions. The polls begin focusing in about mid point and don't quite get it right till the 15th game (which is not)

too high of ranking..... weird, but my opinion

Sep 17, 2007, 8:39 PM

is that the ONLY reason we are ranked there and not the normal 20-23 ranking is becuase of these "top tier" teams (i.e. Michigan, Auburn, Notre Dame, etc) are choking. They normally take higher spots. Now, that leaves a little more breathing room. I honestly think we're a top 25 team. Do i think we're a 15th ranked team? Not yet.... Lots to prove. But I don't think it's anything to get TOO concerned about UNLESS our guys get it in their head too soon. Go tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Re: too high of ranking..... weird, but my opinion

Sep 17, 2007, 8:45 PM

Well, remember 81? We made the national chanpionship because there were seven number ones that lost above us.

All the Tigers can do is keep winning. If they do that, all will fall into place as far as the rankings go. Maybe not number one, but Clemson will be up there.

Ariel

I think we're going to struggle against NCST!***

Sep 18, 2007, 12:33 AM [ in reply to too high of ranking..... weird, but my opinion ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

less than 10 points away from being Top 5 last year. We are

Sep 17, 2007, 10:47 PM

Top 15!

Proctor vs. C Harper.***

Sep 17, 2007, 11:29 PM

Proctor vs. C Harper.

Sep 17, 2007, 11:35 PM

When did Procter ever throw the ball comfortably down the field. Even on his pump-fakes, he looked like he couldn't even palm the ball with one hand. Even though Proctor did have some good games against some good teams, he never looked comfortable. Any decent QB can make 1 or 2 good throws in 3 games, but Harper just looks so much more in-place than WP. I thought even though it was Furman, Harper put some serious juice behind the football and then some touch on it when needed. I think our biggest worry on offense is the line. And as many yards as our D has given up, I feel we will step it up, get some good assignments from Vic K and rock some heads in Raliegh.

Deja poo. I've smelled this before.

Sep 18, 2007, 3:16 AM

Proctor looked really good against FSU & GT, and his offense put up 50+ points against 3 cupcakes early last season. The TV commentators were gushing about his peformance against FSU & GT. But the true test of a QB's passing game comes when he's facing a good pass rush AND good pass coverage. That chapter is yet to be written, but Harper shows more promise than Proctor. Hopefully TB won't crush Harper's confidence with any more stupid comments to the press.

I'm more worried about the defense. At least last year, the defense held the cupcakes (and FSU) to mid-200's or less in yardage. This year they gave Furman & LaMon around 400 yards each.

If the defense plays like they did in the first half of the FSU game, Clemson ends up ranked about #10. Otherwise Clemson finishes unranked.

Sep 18, 2007, 8:33 AM

I'm sick of everyone cheering for Willy Korn and not giving C. Harp any love. He has come out and done more than anyone was expecting from him this year. Everyone thought it was going to be another Will Proctor season with a first year starter in the backfield. Yeah, Willy Korn is one of the highest ranked quarerbacks Clemson has enrolled but give Harper his time to shine, Willy isn't going anywhere and will have plenty of time tomake his mark...

Sep 19, 2007, 9:47 AM

freakin' thank you! It frustrates me. It's a smack in the face to our starting QB who so far has been an effective leader of our offense. If he chokes, then perhaps Korn cheers can began, but for now, true orange-bleeding Tiger fans should want Cullen to keep his job and perform well. GO TIGERS, Beat the Pack!

"The rest is still unwritten" ******

Sep 18, 2007, 8:40 AM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,419
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic