Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This excuse fest, blaming everybody not named Brownwll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

This excuse fest, blaming everybody not named Brownwll

Mar 10, 2017, 8:24 AM

Mantra Is as much entertainment as we have had in years as it relates to our Basketball program. I've heard the term used " he is a great guy", that maybe true but after meeting him on several occasions he seems more like a cold fish, at best. Then the moniker.... "Best X&O coach in America" befuddles me when we can even inbounds the ball to win several times late in winnable games, I don't see it and God knows I've looked. The other cliche' that seems more realistic and plausible for this utter, blind devotion to this man is ..."He must know where the bodies are buried!" Who knows? I guess he must!

If it is forgone conclusion that for the foreseeable future that Coach Brownell is our coach then so be it. However, all these comparisons to past coaches records vs ACC competition, constant innuendo that at least 2 of our former Basketball coaches had sexual relations with coeds does nothing to make his tenure here any better. He was, is and always will be slightly below mediocre and despite all the " lockstep" devotion to HIM ( yet zero for his players) I have read posted here....I say we deserve a program no more than slightly below mediocre.

Winning isn't everything, that's a given but as it relates to this programs almost/moral victories it's never going to get any better. I will always love my Tigers but I will never be such a hypocrite as to laugh at our idiot rival and their celebrating moral victories in football and remain silent and content with the same celebrated outcome from our Basketball program! We are CLEMSON, we are bigger and better than this, aren't we?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This excuse fest, blaming everybody not named Brownwll

Mar 10, 2017, 8:36 AM

"Show me a good loser, and I show you a loser." VL - Green Bay Packers

The basketball program needs change; otherwise, it will continue to be classified as a loser.

DRAD needs to do his job and be a change maker/leader.

Mar 10, 2017, 8:48 AM

That's a real post. AGREE. Spoke the truth brother. OP and Barnes were better than BB. WCCP staff must think BB is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Great X&O coaches win games that the team probably shouldn't

Mar 10, 2017, 9:10 AM

Brownell was 0-12 against the top-9 in the ACC this year.

He's also 24-47 at Clemson in games decided by 5 points or less.

For me, these Brownell led teams consistently underachieve and choke in the biggest moments. It's time to move on to someone else.

Mar 10, 2017, 9:16 AM

Great post! Brownell is going nowhere unfortunately and that is a fact. He is a great guy but average basketball coach whose recruiting skills are lacking. He is too squeaky clean to take chances in recruiting. He's not a great game day coach. Drad is now responsible for the direction of this program. If this team is average or worse next year with no tournament bid, Drad cannot say that he is not responsible for results. Surely now he knows Brownells deficiencies. What athletic capital does Brownell have over Drad? He waited too late on Leggett but Jack was a hall of fame coach. Brownell holds no such capital. Drad claims he wants the best in all sports but accepts a poor basketball program.

The recruiting knock on Brad isn't entirely fair

Mar 10, 2017, 11:43 AM

This year's incoming class is his best yet, with three 4 star players and an under-the-radar 3 star player. Check out Aamir Simms, Malik William, A.J. Oliver, and Clyde Trapp. They are good players who chose us over many other quality offers such as UConn, Georgetown, Florida, Georgia Tech, Georgia, South Carolina, etc.

If Brownell did that just showing these recruits the drawings and construction pictures of the new facilities, it is not unreasonable to expect that future recruits will be even more impressed when they see the finished product in person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The recruiting knock on Brad isn't entirely fair

Mar 10, 2017, 11:47 AM

Seeing is believing. Brownell is going to have to proof that he can win big. This was supposed to be the year and we badly underachieved. If he can convince Zion Williamson to come to Clemson over the blue bloods, I will change my tune.

Mar 10, 2017, 11:48 AM

Way to ignore all the facts he posted...

Impressive. You are a sad little troll what was your previous screen name?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 10, 2017, 12:00 PM

No troll! Coaches should have to earn respect the fans. Dabo had to earn the respect that he has now. Sometimes we let blind loyalty to a coach deceive us. A few years ago the Leggett fan club protected a failing coach. Would any fan take Leggett over Lee now? You want Bowden back? We know Brownell is going to be back. How much more time do you give him to make this a great program? One more year like this and the pressure will be great on Drad to make a change.

Mar 10, 2017, 12:02 PM

I love how you keep avoiding the other question...

Pathetic

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 10, 2017, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The recruiting knock on Brad isn't entirely fair ]

Do you happen to be from Northern Alabama?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Judge, it's a good class

Mar 10, 2017, 12:13 PM [ in reply to The recruiting knock on Brad isn't entirely fair ]

but it's not a class with an impact player. It has guys who will play and fill roles, especially up front where we have no depth. But the impact of this class is 2-3 years down the road.

So what do you do? If you're giving Brad time to recruit with the new facilities you must, MUST, extend him. He can't recruit effectively in the future with just three years left on his deal. You pulling that trigger? Because if you're not you're simply delaying the inevitable of replacing Brad

Re: Judge, it's a good class

Mar 10, 2017, 12:27 PM

Yes sir! I agree with you. This is Brads best class but are they impact players who can perform at high level next year? Are you Brownell supporters willing to extend his contract given his track record? He has three years left on his contract making him a lame duck coach. What does Drad do? Does he drop the buyout so he can make a change if necessary? As for the team next year does Gabe Devoe become a better player? Does the head case Grantham finally play to his potential? Will the best freshmen class become more than role players?

Why all the talk about us not extending him?

Mar 10, 2017, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Judge, it's a good class ]

I'm not sure why this is presented as an option. I seriously doubt DRad plans on keeping Brad here without an additional year or two added to the current contract. I'm sure the two of them will sit down at some point soon, probably after the season is over, and review the team's performance. At that time, I fully expect DRad to extend Brad's contract.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Why all the talk about us not extending him?

Mar 10, 2017, 2:05 PM

Extending his contract is a big mistake. I know he has to because of recruiting. Please don't make the mistake that he made years ago with buyout . No more than two years on the extension with a buyout no more than 750000 dollars! That will make a coaching change if needed easier.

If that occurs then the buyout needs to be negotiated

Mar 10, 2017, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Why all the talk about us not extending him? ]

waaaaaaayyyyy down. Their is no reason he has earned any type extension. I'll repeat what I've said several times this week. Their is no other school in the ACC or SEC where Brad would still have a job with his job performance. Not one! Except Clemson

Mar 10, 2017, 2:30 PM

Fantastic post! You said everything I've been trying to say for the last 3 years. Every bit of what you said was true. I've never seen a coach get more of a pass than BB. I have my theory as to why, but I prefer to think we're better than that.

Mar 10, 2017, 2:56 PM

Just a guess! The big buyout is a factor of course. Because football is at the top and baseball is doing great, fans are letting basketball slide and accepting the excuses that we can't compete in basketball for titles. I don't believe that. Foster did it for a while. Ellis won a regular season title. OP made the title game in the ACC Tournament. Basketball can be a strong sport at Clemson. We need a culture change of losing to a change of winning. It's obvious that the fanbase is split on Brownell. I don't care who the coach is as long as basketball excellence is at Clemson.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic