Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great Story from Nebraska's spring game....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Great Story from Nebraska's spring game....

Apr 7, 2013, 12:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmisv1Spck&feature=youtu.be&a

7-year old pediatric cancer patient Jack Hoffman ran for a 69-yard touchdown in Nebraska's spring game today, and it was awesome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That incredible - here's the story on SI

Apr 7, 2013, 3:35 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130406/nebraska-jack-hoffman-spring.ap/?sct=uk_t2_a5

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Jack Hoffman just might go down as the biggest star of the Nebraska spring game.

And he's only 7 years old.

Hoffman, of Atkinson, Neb., has won the hearts of fans and everyone in the football program for his courageous bout with brain cancer. Star running back Rex Burkhead befriended Jack last year and is the captain of the support network known as "Team Jack."

Wearing a miniature Burkhead uniform complete with a No. 22 jersey, Jack ran onto the field late in Saturday's scrimmage.

On a fourth-and-1 play, he took a handoff from Taylor Martinez. Jack started running left, but Martinez redirected him. The little guy turned on a dime and followed a wall of blockers down the field.

Players from the Red and White squads left their sidelines and followed him into the end zone to mob him and lift him on their shoulders after his 69-yard touchdown.

The crowd of 60,174 at Memorial Stadium cheered as Jack celebrated - a moment that left his father, Andy, misty-eyed on the sideline.

Asked what he was thinking when he ran onto the field, Jack said, "Scoring a touchdown."

And when he broke free and scored? "It felt awesome." And the crowd reaction? "Really awesome."

Football operations director Jeff Jamrog and fullback C.J. Zimmerer came up with the idea to get Jack involved in the spring game. Jamrog called the Hoffmans on Friday to tell them the Huskers had a special play planned for Jack.

Receivers coach Rich Fisher motioned Jack over on the sideline to show him the play he drew up. Andy said that's when it hit him that his son really would get his day in the sun at Memorial Stadium.

"It was a lot of emotions right at once," Andy said. "Very emotional to see that. Husker fans have been so incredible to Jack and our family and especially to this cause."

Jack was diagnosed with cancer in April 2011 and has had two surgeries. He's now on a two-week break from a 60-week chemotherapy regimen.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130406/nebraska-jack-hoffman-spring.ap/#ixzz2PlEMdNa3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's Awesome

Apr 7, 2013, 5:16 AM

Had that been South Carolina I'm sure their defense would have tackled him then taunted him while chanting "sec"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And probably would have tea bagged him. They're classy like that. ***

Apr 7, 2013, 7:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

No doubt that Jack's Dad wasn't the only person who

Apr 7, 2013, 5:55 AM

was misty-eyed watching that great moment of victory for Jack. Commendations to him and the Nebraska team and fans for this uplifting story of human compassion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No doubt that Jack's Dad wasn't the only person who

Apr 7, 2013, 9:51 AM

Can't you people just appreciate this gesture without the coot comments?

I going to assume that your post was erroneously

Apr 7, 2013, 10:18 AM

placed, although I realize what "assumptions" often denote. LOL

Re: I going to assume that your post was erroneously

Apr 7, 2013, 10:24 AM

You are correct, H. Didn't mean to reply to your post. You are a scholar and a gentleman and I always enjoy your posts. Just some folks can't seem to grow up and enjoy a truly moving moment.

LOL....Well, you know how people are: if you say the sun

Apr 7, 2013, 10:34 AM

is shining, it's not shining enough. If you just bought four cases of suds, you should've bought six; and if you then won't let them drink your suds, well, then you're a POS....However, in the latter example, at least you'll be a WISE POS! Have a great day, my Friend....

i thought it was placed perfectly you ol' coot...

Apr 7, 2013, 10:24 AM [ in reply to I going to assume that your post was erroneously ]

:)

happy sunday hartins!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^Still, one of TigerNet's chief De-Railers, albeit one

Apr 7, 2013, 10:29 AM

who may or may not disguise his acidity with flattery. Good day to you, fine Sir. I rejoice in this glorious weather, for I will soon board the crowd for a day soaking up the sun and suds on the lake.

i'm from florida. a lot of sunshine & citrus, some sweet,

Apr 7, 2013, 10:38 AM

some acidic. i live somewhere in between, but let me assure you any flattery could not be more sincere.

enjoy your day hartins; don't forget us little people.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a midget amid giants on TigerNet...and usually

Apr 7, 2013, 12:03 PM

am in most of venues, also....

Message was edited by: hartins®

on bright, brilliant, sunny days i imagine most men & women

Apr 7, 2013, 12:06 PM

would be blessed to rest in the tall shadow you cast hartins.

Just saw the video.

Apr 7, 2013, 10:31 AM

100% class act by Nebraska. Brought a tear to my eye watching it. Well done by everyone involved!

in a related note.

Apr 7, 2013, 10:51 AM

Ole Miss heard about a young recruit scoring a TD in Nebraska's spring game and offered him a scholarship.

Great story...and I've always liked the Cornheads!

Apr 7, 2013, 11:27 AM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great story...and I've always liked the Cornheads!

Apr 7, 2013, 5:27 PM

agreed I thought they were great in the bowl game

null

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic