Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Are we having fun yet? You bet we are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Are we having fun yet? You bet we are

May 14, 2019, 7:01 AM

Are we having fun yet? You bet we are

Taking a few days off over the last week allowed me the chance to sit back and reflect on the previous year and look ahead to next season. I am not ready for the upcoming season to start – the previous season went late, and spring practice started early, and it makes for a long ten months. For me, the season begins in July with the ACC Kickoff and Dabo Swinney’s media golf outing and only ends in Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great inside info... It's a fun ride.***

May 14, 2019, 7:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Are we having fun yet? You bet we are

May 14, 2019, 8:10 AM

David glad you left Greenville News and planted yourself here at Tigernet, you have truly bloomed! I appreciate y'alls in depth reporting and how you seem to be on top of things what ever the sport maybe! I recently thought to myself, having grown up in Columbia, but being a Tiger and grad ally life, it was very difficult to get good information out of The State, when it came to Clemson Athletics. Today I live 5000 miles away and and couldn't be more up to-date with Clemson's athletics, and it's because of y'alls great efforts here at Tigernet! Great story, I appreciate your hard work, enjoy your down time!

Today TheState still pretty much only covers the Gamecocks..

May 15, 2019, 1:35 PM

...but the whole thing is down to about four pages.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 8:15 AM

:) ;)

May 14, 2019, 8:19 AM

As a life long Tiger fan and grad it hasn't always been fun. But it sure has been fun the last several years. Dabo's love of life and his enthusiasm is contagious. The future looks bright and while I know things can change quickly it looks like it will be fun for years to come! Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Story!!

May 14, 2019, 8:28 AM

We are so thankful for the Swinneys being led to Clemson and for the administrators that believed in Dabo.

We are also thankful when the Hoods were led to TigerNet. We could not have had two finer writers and fans to cover this amazing journey!

Thank you, David, for another wonderful story! We were at many of those games. Your story reminded us how blessed we have been and how we thankful we should be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 8:31 AM

Great read, David! I could not agree more!!!

May 14, 2019, 8:34 AM

Uncle Trouble, thanks for all the great work you do keeping us informed about the Tigers. Also, special thanks go out to your bride and the great work she does as well. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!! :)

May 14, 2019, 9:32 AM

David, can you post the picture of the sign? please

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

May 14, 2019, 9:56 AM

I was about to make the same post!
David and wife should have purchased it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks DHood! Due to my time in the Air Force and other excuses,

May 14, 2019, 10:16 AM

I hadn’t been to Clemson games in quite awhile though I can count on one hand the number I had missed on tv. I last remember going to games in the mid to late 90s and then how Bowden and Co went to a “smaller, quicker” line. I watched as we improved but I didn’t really get it until I went to the last game vs Auburn at Auburn. Took my son to his first Clemson game that night. We had seats pretty close to the field. All I can remember is thinking how big this team was and that we’d arrived. I will never forget your article regarding Ohio State when you asked the journalist when he knew they were in trouble and he responded, during warm ups. It is amazing the size, speed, strength, talent, character etc. that Dabo and Co. Have stockpiled. And no end in sight . . .

As for the Estes Park reference, love that place. When my wife and I were first married we moved to Colorado Springs for my assignment. We frequented Estes Park. Loved seeing all the elk, hiking, listening to the river while you slept etc. and yes, eating . . .

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks DHood! Due to my time in the Air Force and other excuses,

May 14, 2019, 12:36 PM

Have as of now lived in the Colorado Springs area for almost 45 years, since arriving here in 1975 for my last Air Force assignment. While I love visiting back in South Carolina (as I am from Greenville), the great people and food, just could not take the heat, humidity and bugs on a long term basis. Around here, you have to search for a mosquito to bite you.

David, please let us Tigers here in Colorado (and there are quite a few of us) know in advance when you might again return to this wonderful state. I would be willing to make, and am sure others especially in the Denver area would also, the drive up to Estes Part and maybe have lunch with you and Nikki.

Good job on the reporting.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 1:09 PM

????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 1:23 PM

David Thank You!!! In my later years there are things that people will bring up and ask me, Henry do you remember that day when this or that happen, or the day we did this or that, and honestly there are those times when I have to just go along and act like I remember but really I don't. But David I do remember Dabo's statement that if they want to get us, they better get us now, bc it won't be easy later. And no doubt, Dabo getting CJ Spiller and Tajh Boyd to come to Clemson, was the beginning of Dabo's success of where he has Clemson today with 5 ACC championships and Two National Champions in his rear view mirror. We have all heard Dabo say that winning FB wasn't about winning personal awards, and he is probably right but, he has accumulated quiet a few of them himself bc he has done a great job at bringing Clemson FB into the top of the Elite!!!

Take a look, personal Award's may not win a team championships in any conference, but it is awesome when your Head Football coach has been recognize and Awarded all these personal Awards while coaching the FB team at Clemson University. This is quiet an accomplishment for a cheer leading real estate developer. I know that I'm happy that he our HC, and yes, I'm one of from a short list that believed that if given enough time, he would get our program headed in the right direction, but I never even imagined he would get our program to where he has taken us, what a cheer leader, and I don't doubt he could develop swamp land in Phoenix AZ if he tried. I mean so far, he has made 2X national champion from little ole Clemson!!!

3× Paul "Bear" Bryant Award (2015, 2016, 2018)///AFCA Coach of the Year (2015)///AP College Football Coach of the Year (2015)///Walter Camp Coach of the Year (2015)///Home Depot Coach of the Year (2015)///George Munger Award (2015)///Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year (2011)///2× ACC Coach of the Year (2015, 2018)!!!

Keep cheering for Dabo, and hopefully the championships and awards will keep coming bc he has built and developed Clemson FB the right right way... Keep cheering for our head FB coach, developer of great young men!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 2:00 PM

Thanks David (and Nikki) !!

Great article with fun memories of the journey since 2008! I still remember those first few months when Dabo was “interim” and there was just something about his charisma, character, passion and vision that made you believe. I remember thinking “I hope they’ll keep this guy and give him a chance.” I never dreamed what would come but I also never quit believing that Dabo was the right guy and “they better not can him” in 2010.

Once I learned that Dabo was a man of God, I started praying for him and for the program regularly. I still do. I remember when the ACLU (or whoever it was) started attacking for Dabo pushing his beliefs on the program. That’s why I keep praying - cause the enemy is prowling and would love nothing better than to see Clemson FB stumble. It is so cool to see such a critical mass within Clemson FB that seeks to be a reflection of God’s love to the world around them. I truly believe that if we keep that front and center, the recruits will keep coming and the fun will continue!!! And “the fun is in the winning!”

Go Tigers and keep up the good work TigerNet!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 3:53 PM

The best is yet to come. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmf1AYgYj6I

May 14, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Are we having fun yet? You bet we are ]

Amen!

Is it just me?

May 14, 2019, 9:17 PM

Or does the team get better the bigger Dabo smiles or vice versa......NM it works either way. Get while the getting is good is long gone.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyday i wake up i thank GOD He made me a Clemson Tiger.

May 14, 2019, 9:19 PM

I remember sitting at that chick fil a bowl in atlanta when Auburn edged us. Thinking to myself and telling my wife how much better we r gonna be. I was right dabo is the truth. Everything i ever wanted in a coach from our shared faith to our shared belief in having class. Also not excepting anything less than what each player is really, really capable of. We r living in a great era of clemson football folks. Im So thankful i can live it next to you guys. Go TIGERS!

Message was edited by: Marsee187

May 15, 2019, 1:39 PM

You bet , David!! Most fun ever for Tiger football!! Kind of makes up for all those years wandering in the wilderness with Hatfield, West and Bowden!! -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 15, 2019, 6:49 PM

Great article David! Love your style!

I guess it’s our duty to dream this big every year

May 16, 2019, 3:00 AM

I grew up with Danny Ford taking over. When 10-2 was a little disappointing. Expectations for Clemson football have always been high for me. I always believe we SHOULD be the little team that could shock the world. When Ford was fired, we wandered in the wilderness for many lean years. But, the longing & belief was always there. The pride. The fire. The love. I dreamed Clemson football could be what it is now. In a perfect world. I knew it would take a great coach, much like Ford. Dabo is driven in a way I have never seen. Dabo is Ford on steroids. Dabo is squeaky clean. I have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure we really are living out the heyday of Clemson football! The greatest joy I have is sharing it with my father. Who introduced me to Clemson, so I am a legacy. Thank God! Football life could not be any better. I just wish we had the equivalent in baseball, and basketball. I don’t foresee a slowdown in domination with the recruiting going on. 2020 class is shaping up to be Dabo’s greatest class. That’s saying a lot. He already has the greatest class in college history!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic