Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great Blessing in disguise!!! We need DJ to get game experience before Opener vs Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,307

Great Blessing in disguise!!! We need DJ to get game experience before Opener vs Georgia

Oct 30, 2020, 1:32 AM

Next year!
Plus he gets hopefully easier game vs BC in case he has to go vs Notre Dame.

Imagine if he only played mop up duty until the opener against Georgia next year!

Those of us that have been around long enough to remember playing Georgia every year do not want to go into that game with a quarterback who is wet behind the ears.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Great Blessing in disguise!!! We need DJ to get game experience before Opener vs Georgia

Oct 30, 2020, 4:26 AM

I've been around long enough to know that Georgia isn't the mighty powerhouse they once seemed to think they were.
Georgia is next year. B.C. has just become a lot tougher test this year.

Re: Great Blessing in disguise!!! We need DJ to get game experience before Opener vs Georgia

Oct 30, 2020, 5:06 AM

Not the way i'd have chosen to give him experience.

Agree - DJ will get some good experience

Oct 30, 2020, 5:13 AM

but I'm thinking this BC game is going to be a big challenge for DJ. While DJ's natural talent is off the charts, he is still a true freshman that is developing his football IQ and the college game is still going to be somewhat "fast" to him. BC has a history of playing Clemson tough and you can bet the bank they will throw every defensive scheme they have at DJ to try and confuse and ruffle his feathers. It will be incumbent on the rest of the offense to do their jobs and play a clean game with minimal mistakes to take some of the pressure off DJ as he navigates through his first start.

As much as I hope for an "easy" game against BC, my sense is that it will be anything but easy. From a preparation perspective, the ND game may end up being easier for DJ simply because he will get a whole week to prepare knowing he is the starter...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,307
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic