Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope springs eternal in cooterville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,250

Hope springs eternal in cooterville

Sep 3, 2020, 10:51 AM

Can’t make this up. They will be lucky to go 3-7

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/better-than-500-come-at-me-kids.336340/#post-5242563

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism as usual

Sep 3, 2020, 11:31 AM

Those @$$ clowns will never learn.

A complete lack of self-awareness.

They're a 3-7 or 4-6 team at best and if they had the stones to play Clemson this year, it would be another 28 to 35 point loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Hope springs eternal in cooterville

Sep 3, 2020, 11:49 AM

Every now and then, I feel sorry for the Coots. It only last a small fraction of a millisecond and then I'm back to, "I hope you lose 11 out of 10 you arrogant jerks! We own you. We always have and this current run of wins goes on for years and years unless you decide (again) not to play us."

Typical preseason coot delusion

Sep 3, 2020, 11:57 AM

It won't be long until the other tradition pops up--"Wait Until Next Year" bumper stickers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

These are the gamecocks I remember!

Sep 3, 2020, 11:59 AM

Holy cow one poster even says we do this every year. We moan all spring and summer about how bad we are and the season gets close and we get our hopes up.... he’s so right. It’s like clockwork.

This one is funny too:

“Clemson is not that good. They are not the 85 bears. Stop embarrassing us with these kinds of comments. Nobody is scared of Clemson, I guarantee our players are not.”

“You're right. My apologies. The '85 Bears lost a regular season game before putting on a clinic in the playoffs & Super Bowl.”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Clemson is in the "not that good" category...

Sep 3, 2020, 12:07 PM

where does that leave uof6c?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Painful to watch category

Sep 3, 2020, 12:14 PM

App st must have cheated them last year. No way they could hang with an SEC powerhouse with unlimited resources

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 12:12 PM

My favorite part:
"Positives:

No Citadel, Wofford, Appalachian State, FCS team. Even if we lose, we are "SEC" losers....."

Sep 3, 2020, 12:35 PM

3-7

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Whoever wrote this is a truthful person

Sep 3, 2020, 12:46 PM

and cracked me up...

Positives:

No Citadel, Wofford, Appalachian State, FCS team. Even if we lose, we are "SEC" losers.

Excuses for loses are myriad this year; imagine the fun we will have explaining them.

Very little audible booing.

No crowd size estimates that matter.

Items thrown on field will be much less numerous; cleanup will be a cinch!!

No need to hold newspapers up in front of you to hide; masks provide cover.

Halftime fan departures will improve social distancing.

No random"tailgaters of the game", although we won it one time.

Phone service in stadium spectacular; spur of moment "that's it, I'm out of here" easier to coordinate with party.

Bummers:

Team name spelled on fans bodies C__R_LI_A.

Gamecock Club lifetime Fan Moment impossible because honorees too high a Covid risk.

Loud, drunk, taunting fan next to you will still show up, but be louder, drunker and. uh.....tauntier.

Sorry, no collecting left behind spirit towels or cups.

Guy never washing hands after using bathroom now "oh, he's just using his personal sanitizer."

Yep, as we learn everyday now, it's what you make it. l do love my bumbling, stumbling, men's teams in a ole timey Cubs, Red Sox, Bills sort of way!

Three wins this year, but hey, this season doesn't count......

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

LOL..."this season doesn't count"...lol

Sep 3, 2020, 12:56 PM

If they somehow, miracuously by the grace of God, managed to win it all, you better believe we'd ALL be hearing that the season absolutely did count.

Their rhetoric changes frequently depending upon the the agenda or narrative at the moment.

Sep 3, 2020, 1:32 PM

2-8. 3-7 at best. And they are soooooooooo happy they don’t play Clemson that they’ll b happy going 0-10.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,250
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic