Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So on the subject of Lindsey Graham...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

So on the subject of Lindsey Graham...

Jun 4, 2020, 12:03 PM

...a friend of my son apparently wants a career in politics and is a volunteer on Graham's campaign. What he had to say was...shocking.

He says it's bad in there right now. There's apparently an almost palpable sense of doom in the office. Graham is apparently tense as a snake, is lashing out left and right, and is just a nightmare to be around right now. Even the veteran staffers who have been through multiple campaigns have apparently never seen Graham like this before.

The prevailing opinion inside the campaign, apparently, is that right now Graham is going to lose. Harrison has too many of the right people working for him, is too well-funded, and there is zero confidence among Graham's staff that Trump has any ability whatsoever to right the ship and is likely going to drag everything down. They think they're standing on the edge of a cliff right now.

I personally remain dubious. Political tides ebb and flow and we have no idea what stuff will look like in November, and at the end of the day, Graham is one of America's longest-serving Senators in one of the deepest of deep-red states.

But it's fascinating nonetheless. FWIW.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't doubt his description at all.

Jun 4, 2020, 12:11 PM

Lindsey is tentative and unsure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

538 currently has both candidates at 42%.

Jun 4, 2020, 12:19 PM

Polls should be taken with a grain of salt, especially when we're 5 months out from the election. Still this could explain what you're describing.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/south-carolina/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 538 currently has both candidates at 42%.

Jun 4, 2020, 12:47 PM

Man, it's rough across the board. I started leafing around on that same link you provided...man, if the election were held today, there'd be a whole lotta of GOP staffers jumping out windows.

Hickenlooper's up by eighteen points - 18! - on Gardner in Colorado.

Kelly's up by 13 points on Martha McSally.

Stuff's a nightmare in Georgia. Lieberman is up by 13 points on Loeffler in Georgia. Ossoff's up by two on Perdue. The GOP could literally lose both seats. In Georgia.

Cunningham's up by two on Tillis in North Carolina.

It's bad everywhere. Even Sullivan in Alaska is in a virtual dead heat with Dunbar.

About the only good news going if you're a Republican is that Democratic Senator Doug Jones in Alabama is down by thirteen...though the bad news if you're Trump is, the guy he's down to is Jeff Sessions. Who owes Trump bigly, and not in the good way.

I'm starting to see why the alarm bells are starting to go off everywhere in the GOP. Still some time left on the clock but they'd best start turning it around in a mighty big hurry or there's going to be a massacre at the polls.

Re: 538 currently has both candidates at 42%.

Jun 4, 2020, 1:10 PM

More fun....

Maine: Sara Gideon +9 Susan Collins
Iowa: Mauro EVEN Ernst
Kansas: Who knows?
Montana: Bullock +7 Daines

Yeesh.

Graham is on a long list of people...

Jun 4, 2020, 12:22 PM

Who will and need to pay the price for blind Trump loyalty, or even Trump enabling.

Tim Scott is the latter.

In the future, many of these folks will try to pretend they didn't back him or enable him. It's important that it's not forgotten.

But Graham needs to pay dearly for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Graham is on a long list of people...

Jun 4, 2020, 12:33 PM

The Atlantic wrote a fairly crushing piece on that very subject. They compared him to East German collaborators.

Fascinating piece...and it's exactly how history is going to remember Graham.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/07/trumps-collaborators/612250/

Tim Scott is great, period

Jun 4, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Graham is on a long list of people... ]

Graham nuzzled himself up tight inside Trump's rectum

Jun 4, 2020, 2:14 PM

to ward off a primary challenger. Success. He will turn on Trump in the lead up to the general to try and save his skin though. You can count on it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Graham nuzzled himself up tight inside Trump's rectum

Jun 4, 2020, 2:21 PM

to ward off a primary challenger. Success. He will turn on Trump in the lead up to the general to try and save his skin though. You can count on it.

I'm wondering about that myself.

There's that old saying about a rising tide lifting all boats.

On the other hand, when your boat has a massive leak in it, you start looking to jettison weight. And if the Senators looking to survive re-election start perceiving that the Donald himself is the biggest lead anchor on the ship....

I'm really interested to see what happens.

The SC Republican Primary is next Tuesday.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Graham nuzzled himself up tight inside Trump's rectum ]

It will be interesting to see what these Republican Senators do once the possibility of being primaried on the right is gone.

I don't see how they are able to remove the Trump taint at this point, no matter how hard they may try.

It's too late for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he will go that far to the middle

Jun 4, 2020, 2:36 PM

keep in mind, the people who are guaranteed to go to the polls in November in SC are so far on the Trump Train they are shoveling the coal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

It depends on how far Trump falls. His support on some

Jun 4, 2020, 3:11 PM

issues and questions has dropped to 37%. Even Republicans are abandoning him on some of those.

If his overall approval numbers start to fall into the 30s, I would imagine we will see Lindsey modify his words. He's a bit of a political windsock, to be kind.

Scott took $50k from Betsy DeVos to give her her job

Jun 4, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Tim Scott is great, period ]

Most recently, he's supported Trump's horrific speech before the stupid photo op. And he supported that. He's a Trump enabler. He's not on the same level as Graham, but he should pay the price, too.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Scott has said numerous times

Jun 4, 2020, 2:33 PM

Yes he is.

Jun 4, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Scott took $50k from Betsy DeVos to give her her job ]

Yes he should.

Good***

Jun 4, 2020, 1:44 PM

I like your funny words magic man

Re: So on the subject of Lindsey Graham...

Jun 4, 2020, 2:21 PM

Graham won the last time by 200,000 votes. Unless something crazy happens, I don’t see him losing.

Just gonna leave this here

Jun 4, 2020, 2:58 PM

Re: So on the subject of Lindsey Graham...

Jun 4, 2020, 2:43 PM

Good. Republicans are frustrated with him as well.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic