Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gotta feel for GEN X and Gen Y(millennial)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Gotta feel for GEN X and Gen Y(millennial)

Apr 5, 2020, 9:01 AM

Both have endured 2 shock events in their early to mid working lives that will set them back financially forever. I do feel for them as playing catchup is no fun.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gotta feel for GEN X and Gen Y(millennial)

Apr 5, 2020, 9:03 AM

I guess some can hope for their Boomer parents to leave them a nice nest egg, if we donot pee it all away before checking out that is.

you probably should have raised you kids so that they did

Apr 5, 2020, 9:09 AM

not need to rely on inheritance from you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you probably should have raised you kids so that they did

Apr 5, 2020, 9:15 AM

Short sighted Neal but then again most are .Thing is my kids are fine, both have great jobs with great benefits, strike one for your inane poop.

Generational tranfer of money is something that should be encouraged, it is how the rich stay rich you know.

Good thing they’ll have social security to fall back on

Apr 5, 2020, 9:13 AM

Oops

Apr 5, 2020, 9:15 AM

Best thing boomers can do now is retire

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 9:26 AM

Already did once. Might soon retire again given this virus thingy but so far I get satisfaction out of doing a greater good with what I do right now.

Apr 5, 2020, 9:34 AM

Plus working allows me to not even ponder dipping in to retirement accounts , letting them grow(yes mine are fine even with the plunge as I bailed in to the chicken fund generating interest only late last year) thus allowing me and the wife to live. Kids will get what is left when the time comes and am happy to be able to do it. Same as I was when I paid for University to allow them to be debt free with their education.

Working harder now than before I retired... It's all good.***

Apr 5, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Gotta feel for GEN X and Gen Y(millennial) ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Working harder now than before I retired... It's all good.***

Apr 5, 2020, 9:35 AM

The yard work is definately harder round my house but am slowly fixing that as this spring I took the chiansaw to a lot of unwanted shrubs/bushes etc. Lot less trimming and leaves for next year.

Getting ready to do a tune up on my Farm Boss today....

Apr 5, 2020, 10:05 AM

My 'weedeater' needs one too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting ready to do a tune up on my Farm Boss today....

Apr 5, 2020, 10:16 AM

Done wore out my chainsaw blade, gotta get it sharpened or replaced. Dang crapemyrtle tree stumps are tough!

Not looking forward to that 30" hickory... I'll need to have

Apr 5, 2020, 10:32 AM

2 or 3 sharp just to get started... and then there's the splitting.

History will show the boomers were the most spoiled

Apr 5, 2020, 10:43 AM

generation (lucky perhaps) in American history. Really. History will probably also peg the height of humanity in that generation as well. No major wars. Economic prosperity. Scientific revolutions. No pandemics. Record life expectancy. Record standard of living. Heck, they invented the idea of pensions, lol. Getting paid in perpetuity by a company you're no longer working for. They enjoyed a stock market that facilitated their retirement. So much they've enjoyed that is shrinking for future generations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boomers were born on 3rd base but think they hit a triple

Apr 5, 2020, 12:09 PM

They grew up with every advantage, but balked at paying the bill for future generations to do the same in favor of tax cuts for themselves and cheap Chinese crap. The "Me generation" indeed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: History will show the boomers were the most spoiled

Apr 5, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to History will show the boomers were the most spoiled ]

Tiggity® said:

History will probably also peg the height of humanity in that generation as well.

Interesting. Thoughts on this?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hausers law

Apr 5, 2020, 12:19 PM

Whats that...24 different tax rates? I you think people were paying near 90% of their income in taxes you're crazy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: History will show the boomers were the most spoiled

Apr 5, 2020, 1:03 PM [ in reply to History will show the boomers were the most spoiled ]

Um. Vietnam, Oil Shortage and a recession while most were preparing to retire...pretty significant experiences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gen Xer here. We been playing this game our whole lives.

Apr 5, 2020, 11:29 AM

Ain't no catching up. We've know that since the 80s when we were old enough to think for ourselves.

https://www.upworthy.com/millennials-and-boomers-may-freak-out-over-social-distancing-but-for-gen-x-its-time-to-shine

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The truth!

Apr 5, 2020, 12:02 PM

I was talking to a guy yesterday who was freaking out

Apr 5, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Gen Xer here. We been playing this game our whole lives. ]

because he has to stay home with his 2 and 3 year old. I could only think of 2 things--1) how easy is it to sit on your ### for 3 weeks and do absolutely nothing, and 2) I remember during hurricane evacs that the thought of being a PIA to my father would have crossed my mind. If he said to sit and shut up for 6 hours of drive time...we sat and shut up.

WT F is wrong with parents now? Why are they bargaining with they 2 and 3 years olds? Take control of that ish!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re just a minor threat

Apr 5, 2020, 11:49 AM

https://youtu.be/3KeplwDwEB4

I don't want to hear it
All you do is talk about you
I don't want to hear it
'Cause I know that none of it's true
I don't want to hear it
I'm sick and tired of all your lies
I don't want to hear it
When are you gonna realize