Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
C-speak.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 638

C-speak.....

Mar 6, 2019, 11:00 AM

I've been around the bizness world since 1983 and don't think I've ever seen a press release with so much corp-speak.

Somebody PTBE..

We are now accelerating the next phase of our strategic transformation to leverage our core competencies in engineered materials for maximizing growth opportunities and value for our shareholders,” says [redacted] chairman and chief executive officer. “The initiative being announced today will target an organizational structure that is leaner and built for greater speed and efficiency. By migrating to a functional operating structure, we will create a more integrated and synergistic company."

As part of this effort, a team of individuals will be leading function-specific workstreams to fully identify the value and opportunities of moving to a functional operating model. Based on the work completed to date, the company remains confident in its ability to achieve the previously-announced expected corporate cost savings of $14 million to $16 million by the end of 2019. Potential incremental savings and improving overall business performance will be the focus of the workstream groups. The company expects to complete the work this summer and will provide details around total expected benefits and implementation costs at that time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

when somebody starts talking like that in a meeting

Mar 6, 2019, 11:06 AM

I immediately tune out. Because those words mean that there's no chance inhell anything is gonna get accomplished.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds to me like a lot of people are going to get fired

Mar 6, 2019, 12:50 PM

firing people=cost savings

true, I was just speaking in gerneralities

Mar 6, 2019, 12:56 PM

from my own experience in meetings with bozos like that leading. The moment the word "synergy" gets thrown out, my brain stops working and I start trying to think of an excuse to leave.

One solid use of a cellphone - you can silence them to take them in a meeting and suddenly get the "emergency" phone call.

That's my take. They are having trouble no doubt

Mar 6, 2019, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Sounds to me like a lot of people are going to get fired ]

Once a paper giant, they're now struggling with a much more paperless economy. They have diversified into other non-paper areas. Maybe they can reinvent themselves. But that usually doesn't work.

Got to lay off a lot of paper employees, and others to retool. Kind of like Sears. Took them decades of decline to finally go kaput.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: C-speak.....

Mar 6, 2019, 11:09 AM

nalla erukiya macha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is #### speak?***

Mar 6, 2019, 11:20 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CYA-Speak for a dying company.

Mar 6, 2019, 11:27 AM

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/03/01/1745160/0/en/Glatfelter-Announces-Changes-to-Its-Operating-Model-and-Key-Leadership.html

Translation...

They're changing stuff fast to concentrate on profitable stuff. The plan is to shitcan all non-hackers who don't make decent profits. By doing this they will increase profits.

They created a group of head-choppers who will weed out all those who do not make us money, and those who cost the most (middle management most likely). This should save us $14-$16 million by the end of 2019.

Totally defensive, vague, and concentrates too much (solely) on cutting costs, with no mention of improving the product they're selling to customers. Company makes paper and printing products but are more recently trying to diversify as things like magazines, books, and paper are in decline. Not to mention they've been fined by the State of PA and the Feds for air quality violations. Stock price has dropped 50% in the past two years.

I wouldn't buy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're good. How did you figgur out it was Glatfelter?

Mar 6, 2019, 11:32 AM

I found it because I'm in that industry and saw it on the trade mag's website.

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Google is your friend.

Mar 6, 2019, 11:44 AM

Just copied and pasted some text from your post.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=IvZ_XMWKOIG0_Ab4_q6oBg&q=We+are+now+accelerating+the+next+phase+of+our+strategic+transformation+to+leverage+our+core+competencies+in+engineered+materials+for+maximizing+growth+opportunities+and+value+for+our+shareholders&oq=We+are+now+accelerating+the+next+phase+of+our+strategic+transformation+to+leverage+our+core+competencies+in+engineered+materials+for+maximizing+growth+opportunities+and+value+for+our+shareholders&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i71l8.3850.3850..5530...0.0..0.0.0.......1....2j1..gws-wiz.8d0x1qBNB9I

This looks like a job for David Wallace

Mar 6, 2019, 11:35 AM [ in reply to CYA-Speak for a dying company. ]

Image result for michael scott saving the company

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

seems like you will be talking to the Bobs

Mar 6, 2019, 11:51 AM

in the near future

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Bet the consulting firm they hired ate up the $14m savings***

Mar 6, 2019, 11:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Dante a good CEO?***

Mar 6, 2019, 12:07 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Google translate says

Mar 6, 2019, 12:38 PM

200-300 employees will be laid off by mid summer.

Replies: 14
| visibility 638
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic