Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good win today, we beat a team we were supposed to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Good win today, we beat a team we were supposed to

Mar 11, 2020, 4:16 PM

which hasnt been the case for much of the season. This is the frustrating thing to me and the inconsistency that gets at most people. We could have easily finished 5th this season if we took care of a few more of the winnable games (ND, Miami, VT (2), WF, split GT atleast). We only needed 3 of these or only 2 if we had split GT to finish 5th. I did a little research and found the following:

ACC vs. Top 4 teams of the conference (not including CU as an opponent)
1 FSU, UVA (3-2)
3 CU (3-3)
4 NCST, Lou (2-3)
6 Duke (1-2)
7 GT, WF, SYR (1-4)
10 BC, Pitt (1-5)
12 ND, Miami, VT, UNC (0)

ACC vs. Top 4 teams of the conference (including CU as an opponent)
1 UVA (4-2)
2 FSU (4-3)
3 CU (3-3)
4 Lou (3-4)
5 Duke (1-3)

ACC vs 5-15
1 FSU, Lou (13-2)
3 Duke (14-3)
4 UVA (12-3)
5 GT, ND (10-5)
7 SYR (9-6)
8 Miami (7-6)
9 NCST (8-7)
10 VT (7-7)
11 CU, BC, UNC (6-8)
14 Pitt (5-9)
15 WF (5-10)

So we are 3rd in the conference vs the top 4 teams, but 11th vs 5-15. We were swept by VT a team that was last vs top 4 with 0 wins and 10th vs rest of the league, and lost to WF that was last and a mere (5-10) vs 5-15 with 1 top 4 win. Where 1-7 really separated themselves was taking care of business against 5-15. Louisville and Duke really didnt do that well against the top 4 but took care of the bottom.

Hopefully, we can stay injury free and with the youth getting another yr older, getting the remaining players eligible, and upcoming recruits we can build on this year. We really arent that far away. Our guys just need to take that next step and get a little more consistent.

Also, I did find it notable that rather by design from the home office or not, Duke did not have to play any of the top teams twice playing just 3 vs top 4 (2 less than everyone else) while all other teams played 5-7 top 4 games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good win today, we beat a team we were supposed to

Mar 11, 2020, 4:20 PM

Nice data. thanks.
it supports what most of us thought.

the losses to VT, Miami are the ones that annoy me.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good win today, we beat a team we were supposed to

Mar 11, 2020, 7:37 PM

Yes, the home losses to VA Tech and Miami were tough. Especially Miami since Dawes had games under his belt by that time and Trapp was kind of back. VA Tech being the first game of the season counting on a couple of freshmen guards was kind of rough. The other one that stings is ND because I would thing with Simms no flu that's a Tiger win. I also believe the road loss at VA Tech in a way lead to the home loss to GA Tech on the quick one day turnaround. Timing of some of those games was not ideal when taking into account available players, emotions, etc. But most teams have to deal with that at some point in the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic