Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did everyone enjoy their weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 575

Did everyone enjoy their weekend?

Dec 3, 2018, 8:50 AM

Friday after work I don't exactly recall what I did.

Saturday I got up early and stood in the rain to watch the local xmas parade where TOTE1 Jr marched in the band. At that point I decided to nix the trip to the ACCCG and watch it from the comfort of my couch. That afternoon I went to an archery tournament to watch gf's son compete. Hit up the Awful Waffle then headed to the Local Hiker so gf could get some new boots. We got home in time to watch UGA win the SECCG at halftime only to lose it at the end of the game. Not sure there's ever been a more bonehead call than to fake punt on 4th and 11 when you've got the champ on the ropes.

Watched the ACCCG and went to bed.

Sunday was pretty lazy, took a drive up the parkway in the balmy 60 degree December weather then home to cook some ribs and watch the end of the New England game.

Oh yeah on Friday/Saturday at some point I accepted my Two Time Tnet RoH Award. B-Meist®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, was a decent one, wet and wild

Dec 3, 2018, 8:54 AM

Friday: left after work for the Upstate, get to bed early

Saturday: Well, it was a busy one. Up early and over to Murderburg for scokker. Saw the big ### driving range off of Pelham, by CaptCrash's business. It was 48 and a light rain, played like booty and lost. Headed back to hotel to stay dry. Back for second game and the rian is much steadier. Warmed up and could tell we were playing on saturated grass. Field was like a sponge actually. Played well, but late in second half one of my players stepped, planted to turn and went down like she was shot. Probably ACL tear. Refs and I talked, field's not safe to play, the other coach (from a near by town) lost it, yelling at me, refs, Barbara Walters, Walt Jr. from Breaking Bad, Anderson Cooper, Amari Cooper, the dude from Hanging with Mr. Cooper, Michael Cooper and anyone else nearby. Refs call game, and dude was all "let me talk to your supervisor" to the refs. Quality showing for youth sports in America. Oh well, I was soaked to the bone. Today, Monday, my stuff still isn't dry. Ate pizza watched footy ball.

I am completely amazed at Clemson, four straight ACC titles, four straight CFB appearances. Look around everyone, these are the good ol' days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiSLmhqoxN0

Oh, and WTheck was ryanadidas doing posting cat videos to Snapchat ?

Man card is revoked, with extreme prejudice.

Sunday: packed up, headed home in time to catch a thunderstorm. Dry off and watched the NFL.

9.8/10 - Another Clemson Championship

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cat snapchat. lol. I forgot about that one.***

Dec 3, 2018, 8:59 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

"I trapped another cat, her name is Miss Minnie."

Dec 3, 2018, 10:23 AM

Update: went to the car at lunch

Dec 3, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Yep, was a decent one, wet and wild ]

smelled like death, tracked it one thing I missed in the trunk that was soaked.

I am going to Milli-Vanilli this ####

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiZVrTaC9Pg

Re: Did everyone enjoy their weekend?

Dec 3, 2018, 8:58 AM

Yes I did. Thanks for asking.

Friday, I babysitted my brother's baby while him and wifey went out. The baby was good and I got hammers. Brother came home and we stayed up until 3-4am boozing, talking politics, listening to the Dead and playing guitar.

Saturday, replaced my HVAC blower fan wheel, cleaned around the house and prepped for the game. Took an afternoon nap from tying one on the night before. Watched football and had a gay-ol-time (no ####).

Sunday, Waffle HOuse, church with the boy. Preacher accidentally called Jesus "Mary", then corrected himself and called him "Jerry", which I found amusing. Daughter danced in the Adidasville Christmas parade. Drank some alkihol. Did the sex thing. Slept like a baby.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Wet and Busy

Dec 3, 2018, 9:00 AM

Fri - Fished with dad for 4 hours and I caught a shad. Picked up Mcjr for dad/son haircuts, watched Sing for Fri night movie night

Sat - Dropped kids off with in-laws and drove north. Watched game and sat in front of TOTE1's vacant seats.

Sun - good breakfast, drove back home, kids were delivered, Church dinner in the evening, lots of housework, booked flights to Houston for a game in Dalls.

THE END.

Did you at least keep them dry for us?***

Dec 3, 2018, 9:01 AM

Yes

Dec 3, 2018, 9:03 AM

No. Nothing was dry in the stadium. Except for me. I was dry.

Lazy

Dec 3, 2018, 9:01 AM

Got home Friday about 1;30 and rarely left the recliner all weekend.

I did get a couple of steak flipper handles turned on the lathe Sunday afternoon.

I guess it’s time to get out of the same sweats I’ve been wearing for 3 days and go do something productive.

Welp, the Tigers won & the Panthers sucked, but I didn't die

Dec 3, 2018, 9:03 AM

Fought the monsoon in Charlotte sattidy. Had a great tailgate. Best news was our seats were 2 rows from the top of the lower deck so the overhang kept us dry.

Didn't drink but 1 in the stadium because $9 Buds seems like highway robbery.

Took the boat out Sunday to winterize it and change the prop.

8.989/10 with deductions for sattidy weather.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

No. Friday went and actually enjoyed a facebook game

Dec 3, 2018, 9:15 AM

Saturday was son of's birthday party. Started at 12. Last person (the Sloot and her husband and child) left at 5.

Sunday: Wanted to spend the day relaxing before hell week coming up. Nope. Wife of decided to spend the day putting up Christmas and fussing about me not helping. Well finally we get most of it done where we can relax. Nope she forgot we had father in law's birthday party that night.

I'm more tired now than when I went into the weekend. This happens a lot when she's off. Soon she will have every weekend off. Something has to give.

3/6.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

It was a 4tuitous weekend that I will never 4get.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:28 AM

Friday, slept in until Joonyer came by and asked me to help him hook up his boat so he could take it to get detailed. Got ready and headed up to Ted's Montana Grill in Charlotte for lunch with my work group. These are folks that are actually halfway intelligent and good at what they do, so it was fun, and the food was great. Left lunch and rode to Charlotte CBD and snagged a few hemp products for Mrs. Tig's upcoming birthday. She's been wanting to try the CBD oil so figured I'd surprise her with it. I was a little shocked that they treat it like weed dispensary, with everything behind secure closed doors and just a handful of people can go back at a time. Place was packed and it took over an hour to get in and out of there. Made my was was across Charlotte traffic to Pineville and scooped up free membership to BJs Warehouse. Disappointed they weren't giving out BJs. Back home in time to take pup out, then settled in to watch Friday night college footballs and drink beers.

Saturday, lazy morning and then left for Charlotte around 12:30. Ended up tailgating at the apartment of a family friend's daughter and left there for the game about 6:00. Totally killed my plans because I had a couple of tailgates I was going to visit, but at least we kept 84 year old RH Mom dry all afternoon. Went in game, watched another ho-hum beat down of whichever team falls out of the Coastal clown car at the end of the season. Hiked back to the parking spot, get home just after 1 am and crash hard.

Sunday, felt like I had a hangover all day in spite of the fact I really did not drink very much Saturday. Laid around and did nothing, flipped to Panther game and saw score, and let Mrs. Tig flip back to the movie she was watching because they've completely used up all fornications I had to give about them at this point. Gathered up beers and bass, went to play LOUD rock and roll music. Had fun, played OK considering I was not a bundle of energy yesterday, went home and Mrs. Tig was asleep on the couch so threw a microwave thingy meal in the microwave and flopped into the Big Chair. Watched Garth Brooks deliver a couple of hours of his collected 10 second self-promos, then watched about an hour of the Grateful Dead on PBS, then went comatose.

The weekend was 42/10, would do again in dry conditions, but let me finish by saying FROGG TOGGS PONCHOS ARE THE REAL DEAL. $10 at Academy, and I stayed bone dry the entire game.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for Frogg Toggs

Dec 14, 2024, 2:56 PM

I actually worked developing the initial laminates back in about 2003/4. Then in was a nonwoven polypropylene on the outside with a breathable film sandwiched in between. They have made vast improvements since then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

My Dad had a FT rain suit he swore by for years.

Dec 3, 2018, 11:49 AM

I have a light North Face jacket that came off the REI clearance rack, and it works great in the summer. It's not baggy enough to layer under it, so I bought the poncho for stadium sitting. Got it early in the season when we were expecting rain and it never did, so it didn't get tested until Saturday. It covered the seat and my feet, so NOTHING got wet Saturday. I wish they'd make one in orange though.

Re: Did everyone enjoy their weekend?

Dec 3, 2018, 9:29 AM

Friday - kids' christmas play after work.

Saturday - pancakes with Santa and then hopped on a plane to Charlotte. Arrive and start drinking immediately at the French Quarter, then moved to Valhalla and then to some tiny Irish Bar. Got slam wasted there and then walked to BOA stadium. Stood in rain to get in the game, then finally got inside. I was lucky and has some awesome tickets, so didnt have to stand in the rain, but I did feel miserable for all the people that did, they are better fans than I am. Left at start of 4th. Uptown Cabaret, RiRa, Ritz had an awesome jazz band, Westin and got wasted for about a thrid time for the day.

Sunday - woke up with zero hangover at 8:05 and my flight was baording at 8:55. Scrambled and made it to the airport on time and boarded. Very lucky. Played with kids as soon as I got home all the way till bed time. Kids are the awesome.

9/10 - the rain really f-ed up the trip. Wish I could have spent more time exploring and seeing all the new stuff Charlotte has to offer. Oh well, there is next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good weekend in Charlotte despite the rain

Dec 3, 2018, 9:39 AM

Friday - Ate at restaurant in Montford called "Good Food", quite excellent. Had a nightcap or two at a cocktail bar called "Queen and the Glass" back near where I was staying in Dilworth...meh

Saturday - Brunch at Zada Jane's in Plaza Midwood, hipster AF but good food. Did a little more exploring in the rain and then got ready for the rest of the day. Had numerous brews at my cousin's brewery (Suffolk Punch) and a few other South End spots (Ole Meck Brewery, Broken Spoke Distillery. Enjoyed watching Clemson destroy Pitt and hold them to 8 (!!!) passing

Sunday - Hungover AF and drove back to Atlanta, couched the rest of the day

10/10 - Dat 4th straight year in the playoffs again doe

Good Food on Montford and Zada Jane's are both nice choices.***

Dec 3, 2018, 9:42 AM

Another Clemson Championship.

Dec 3, 2018, 8:11 AM

APM feelin' dat Natty yo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure did ... I am currently eliminating the culmination of

Dec 3, 2018, 10:13 AM

my bad decisions by way of the colon.

Not really, no

Dec 3, 2018, 10:17 AM

Sold our house Friday morning, and was completely homeless for 3 hours. So we did what we thought homeless people would do and ate lunch and Logan's Roadhouse. Probably won't do that again.

Purchased a new house later that afternoon, yay for debt. Discovered just how nasty the people before us were. The room where the teenage son burrowed (I say burrowed, because he did not live like a normal human being) was unbelievably filthy. I've never seen fan blades drooping due to the accumulation of dust until then. I think if you were to carpet all of Lot 6 for football season, and left it there throughout and up until Christmas, it would still be cleaner than the carpet at this house.

Thus, the entire house had to be repainted and carpet had to go. We're still homeless. Movers don't come until tomorrow with all our shid, they're wrapping up paint and carpet today so hopefully this nightmare will be coming to an end soon.

2/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are you staying now?***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In his truck or boat

Dec 3, 2018, 10:32 AM

Is my guess

Re: In his truck or boat

Dec 3, 2018, 10:33 AM

TentDweller?

parents house

Dec 3, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Where are you staying now?*** ]

I’m not sure how all these people who live with their parents into their 30’s do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you not look at the house before buying,

Dec 3, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Not really, no ]

axe for it to be cleaned, then verify during the walk through?

Coughing, hacking, snorting all weekend

Dec 3, 2018, 11:00 AM

Had a cold since day b4 Thanksgiving, can't shake it. Better today, went to dentist and didnt spew all over the hygenist, so that was good.
Still, the ACCCG was great, got my Cottony tix and hotel, AA ####### the flights so prob drive, we'll see
5/10......

A friend is a pilot for AA

Dec 3, 2018, 11:03 AM

We were talking about flying I told him I thought AA was the worst airline and he agreed. Said he'd rather work for Delta.

Better than sex...

Dec 3, 2018, 11:48 AM

well, better than getting sexed in here anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

East Coast Party don't ever End.....

Dec 3, 2018, 12:32 PM

Don't remember Friday. It was a good day.

Saturday. Didn't die from Friday. Watched Clemson whip Pitt. Watched J Hurts come in and save Bama.

Sunday went deer hunting at dawn. Sat in a blind and saw nothing. Watched Panties lose. Watched Patriots win.

Monday the party continues. Went to hardware store and bought deer corn and another mineral block.

yes

Dec 3, 2018, 2:51 PM

Elton John was amazing

Charlotte was a blast

Sunday was warm and dry

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 575
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic