Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General Update: John Swofford comments on ACC and Confederate flag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

General Update: John Swofford comments on ACC and Confederate flag

Jul 10, 2015, 10:27 AM

John Swofford comments on ACC and Confederate flag

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: General Update: John Swofford comments on ACC and Confederate flag

Jul 10, 2015, 10:38 AM

Taking his comments on this issue aside, just listening to this guy the other day on Sirus radio, this guy is an idiot. The guy interviewed him asked some pretty good questions, Swofford just talked in circles and made no sense at all. He was asked about sattelite camps, expansion, and to the host's credit, even asked about the North Carolina cheating scandle. Swofford answered none, and sounded like a complete moron. No wonder the ACC can't keep up with other leagues. It's amazing places like Clemson and Fla State have the success they do, they sure don't get any help nationally from this idiot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2015, 10:53 AM

Talking in circles is a talent and a big reason he has the job.

Jul 10, 2015, 10:56 AM

Blah, blah, blah......I'll find a way to keep every ACC tourney in NCAA. Raycom baby!!!

Jul 10, 2015, 10:58 AM

*NC

Think this thru Tom. How educated did you expect him to be ?

Jul 10, 2015, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: General Update: John Swofford comments on ACC and Confederate flag ]

He has one agenda on his list-- Protect His House-- That is his son and the college where he was rumored to have gone to class

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That idiot needs to concentrate on his job like getting the

Jul 10, 2015, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: General Update: John Swofford comments on ACC and Confederate flag ]

ACC network up and going and competing w/ the B1G and SEC so we don't fall further behind. We still have ray com blasting out to hundreds of homes through out the fruited plain. I guess we should be happy about that.

bids to host future ACC Championships will be accepted

Jul 10, 2015, 10:56 AM

and placed in the trash

meanwhile, in the ACC's home state

Jul 10, 2015, 11:03 AM

http://abc11.com/politics/nc-sells-out-of-confederate-license-plates/835342/

NORTH CAROLINA SELLS OUT OF CONFEDERATE LICENSE PLATES

Thursday, July 09, 2015 07:56PM
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Talk about ending sales of a North Carolina license plate bearing the Confederate battle flag prompted a sales rush that sold out the available stock.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that 152 Confederate flag plates sold out in seven days after Gov. Pat McCrory said North Carolina should stop issuing the tags. State Department of Transportation spokesman Mike Charbonneau says more plates will be available in about 30 days.

People are able to pre-order the specialty plates, and the DOT says many have already submitted their applications.

Cary resident Clyde Ward is hoping to get a hold of the Sons of Confederate Veterans tag once the stock is replenished.

"I have flown Confederate flags in years past," Ward said.

Ward says the flag is part of his lineage.

"It's part of our history. It's not something that is racial, totally. And I just feel that need be, I will go and support it," Ward explained.

The DOT is getting ready to produce 700 more plates, even as McCrory continues to urge the General Assembly to change the law. Legislators are firing back, saying the governor can act on his own if he wants to stop production.

It's costing North Carolina three times as much to make the specialty tags as the regular ones. A standard plate costs $1.62 to produce, while the Confederate plate runs $4.25.

Patrick Busch, one of the Confederate plate's opponents, feels the flag represents the Old South.

"We as taxpayers should have a right to say whether or not this should represent our state," said Busch. "It brings up a lot of hard feelings, a lot of racist feelings from back in the day. And I think, if we as a country are going to move forward, we have to get over that hurdle."

The Confederate plates are scheduled to be back in stock by Aug. 10. They will be made locally at the women's prison in south Raleigh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good, we should be able to get the ACC basketball & baseball

Jul 10, 2015, 11:09 AM

tournaments down here in the next year or two

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baseball yes, basketball no, we have nowhere that is

Jul 10, 2015, 11:28 AM

Suitable to host the acc basketball tournament.

The Colonial Life Arena. It isn't being used in post-season.

Jul 10, 2015, 11:43 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Not large enough to host ACC basketball tournament, site

Jul 10, 2015, 12:12 PM

Needs at least 24K of seating.

Not true. The 2016 ACC Tournament is being held at the

Jul 10, 2015, 7:02 PM

Verizon Center in Washington, DC. It seats 18,277. The coot center, aka Colonial Life Arena, seats 18,000.

I believe future ACC tournaments may be slotted for Madison Square Garden in NYC, which seats 18,200.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bon Secours Arena in Greenvilke seats 15,000.

Jul 10, 2015, 9:29 PM

Maybe not quite big enough historically, but with dwindling attendance numbers it would probably be adequate in reality. Greenville would be a great host city and would prove to be a popular destination for fans. Certainly not DC or NYC, but better than Greensboro IMO.

I'm sure it will never happen with the current ACC leadership, but it would work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Not large enough to host ACC basketball tournament, site

Jul 10, 2015, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Not large enough to host ACC basketball tournament, site ]

Not any longer! They haven't been able to sell the ACC Basketball Tournament out for several years now! No where near the demand it previously had!! Three have been empty seats everywhere.

Fire this idiot as commissioner!!! Long overdue.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Swoff, your words means so much to us...

Jul 10, 2015, 12:27 PM

NOT!

Derp***

Jul 10, 2015, 1:15 PM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

So does he get to make this decision unilaterally?

Jul 10, 2015, 2:10 PM

Or is there some shadowy board of bigwigs who rubberstamps whatever decisions he wants?

Who cares what this yahoo thinks?***

Jul 10, 2015, 2:39 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2015, 3:42 PM

well................ I wonder if "The State of South Carolina" Will have the same pass as "The State of North Carolina ? you now like ....... well I`m not gonna say ;0

Jul 10, 2015, 3:43 PM

> well................ I wonder if "The State of South
> Carolina" Will have the same pass as "The State of
> North Carolina ? you know like ....... well I`m not
> gonna say ;0

My comment, NOW REMOVE SWOFFORD and Tarheels from ACC

Jul 10, 2015, 4:29 PM

If you are so full of integrity why not consider "stipulations" against all the corruption at UNC. You make me sick Mr. ACC I mean Tarhole Comissioner

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic