Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson hoops: Five-month change shows no one should be "comfortable"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson hoops: Five-month change shows no one should be "comfortable"

Mar 15, 2017, 12:45 PM

Clemson hoops: Five-month change shows no one should be "comfortable"

What a difference five months can make. On October 15th, hundreds of people from Clemson’s administration, boards, athletic department, boosters, fans, coaches, and players gathered in the newly renovated Littlejohn Coliseum and cheered on a new day in Clemson basketball. Excitement was at an all-time high. Five months later, no one is excited, and no one should be comfortable. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to see that someone in the know is also not a fan of

Mar 15, 2017, 12:46 PM

him being "comfortable".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Good to see that someone in the know is also not a fan of

Mar 15, 2017, 12:49 PM

If I had pictures of the AD wearing nothing but a a Gamecock fanny pack on his vacation to Rio, I would feel comfortable too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mwahahahaha

Mar 15, 2017, 8:37 PM

Now that's funny right there....

Re: Good to see that someone in the know is also not a fan of

Mar 17, 2017, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Good to see that someone in the know is also not a fan of ]

You are boring and a complete idiot.

Re: New Story: Clemson hoops: Five-month change shows no one should be "comfortable"

Mar 15, 2017, 12:49 PM

Totally correct!

Thank you David, this needed to be said!***

Mar 15, 2017, 12:50 PM

epifunny will be along shortly to chide you with an eloquent

Mar 15, 2017, 12:51 PM

attempt at a haiku or something

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

epidummy will be along shortly to chide you with an eloquent

Mar 15, 2017, 12:52 PM

FIFY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

she sure does like her some brad

Mar 15, 2017, 12:57 PM [ in reply to epifunny will be along shortly to chide you with an eloquent ]

i may as go as far to say, she loves him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Good, honest assessment David

Mar 15, 2017, 12:51 PM

If there is one word that should not be used to describe any aspect of this program, it is comfortable. It is time for all involved; administration, coaches and players to be extremely uncomfortable

davidhood, about that Clemson fan that grabbed you...

Mar 15, 2017, 12:53 PM

Did you just shove him to the ground and tell him take his loss like a man without even punching him?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Nikki is the muscle in the family

Mar 15, 2017, 12:55 PM

??

no question***

Mar 15, 2017, 12:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: davidhood, about that Clemson fan that grabbed you...

Mar 15, 2017, 2:46 PM [ in reply to davidhood, about that Clemson fan that grabbed you... ]

That was probably leftie and he's already made his feelings known on here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Coot*****

Mar 15, 2017, 12:58 PM

Amen!

Mar 15, 2017, 12:59 PM

I have a Clemson basketball T-shirt I'm embarrassed to wear right now.

An enterprising T-netter should print T-shirts that have something about Comfortable - Never BYOG - Always (or whatever you strong design communications types would find most powerful)

Am I only one somewhat glad JB is gone?

Mar 15, 2017, 1:01 PM

Jaron was great, don't get me wrong, but I've heard from sources he was holding back team chemistry because he was ready to go pro. I can see how that would hold team chemistry back. If you look at his social media over the past season too, there was much more development of his personal brand too.

This guy is..

Mar 15, 2017, 1:20 PM

coachmac

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I have to take exception to one thing

Mar 15, 2017, 1:07 PM

At no point during the 2016-2017 season was excitement at "an all-time high." Not even on opening night at the new littlejohn.

Clemson Basketball has seen some very, very exciting competitive years.

Giving him 1 more year puts us 1 year behind

Mar 15, 2017, 1:12 PM

There is no way we compete in the ACC next season. We will be in the bottom tier again plain and simple. If people wanted a change after this season, they will definitely want one after next when we will surely do worse after losing a generational player (by Clemson standards at least).

Why wait a year to fire Brownell? We'd simply be a year behind in the rebuild/recruiting/culture change/etc. compared to firing him now. At least a new coach would bring excitement, hope and some positive momentum. Nothing good comes out of a lame duck coach.

Re: New Story: Clemson hoops: Five-month change shows no one should be "comfortable"

Mar 15, 2017, 1:12 PM

Grantham was completely non-existent this year. Blossomgame had no leadership skills.

Brownlee hasn't gotten a technical in 3 years I feel like. He has no emotion when we start to lose our leads. Last year we blew two 18 point leads against GT in the final 3 games of the year. We blow a 20 point lead last night and he says he is comfortable.

Brownlee says we have a good foundation here at Clemson but eventually you have to start building the house, a foundation only does so much....

Bring back Rick Barnes (we can give all the women's coaches chastity belts.)

Mar 15, 2017, 1:37 PM

I respect your candor. The WCCP talking heads have take their orders and defending Brownell.

Incredible to see how fast this program fell apart

Mar 15, 2017, 1:38 PM

there's no excitement around the program....no energy...just three years ago the fans packed LJ for NIT games...last night's crowd was pitiful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 1:45 PM

In the immortal words of Vincent Kennedy McMahon..."FIRE HIS A@@!!!!!"

Time for Brownell to be let go...***

Mar 15, 2017, 2:02 PM

$3M buy-out next year and $3.0M the year after

Mar 15, 2017, 2:24 PM

It is going to cost us $3M to buy him out now or a year from now.

Next year's team will count on Grantham to replace JB, so let's go ahead and say, at best, we are the same as last year. Better guard play, better center play, but no 4 man. What does waiting a year buy Clemson? Nothing. Let's start the renovation of the team now, get some excitement back into the renovated LJC.

We did not settle for mediocrity from TB or JL and let them go. Dabo and Monte seem to have worked out well so far.

Is DR going to settle for mediocrity from BB? DR needs to decide is this the coach who can make Clemson a winner with every other year NCAA births? Heck, even VT and Wake made the tournament this year. Clemson deserves better so let the renovation begin.

Re: $3M buy-out next year and $3.0M the year after

Mar 15, 2017, 3:58 PM

Right on!

Re: $3M buy-out next year and $3.0M the year after

Mar 15, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to $3M buy-out next year and $3.0M the year after ]

Sorry, but there is a HUGE difference between Jack Leggett and Brownell. Jack was a proven winner, taking the team to Omaha on several occasions, ACC championships. He faded toward the end of his term, but he was a winner. Brownell cannot say that. No ACC championship (or even close), 1? Ncaa bid?. The biggest problem with basketball is that we have NO history, no tradition....so why worry that the current coach isn't getting it done. Someone was arguing with me the other day that Brownell is the winningest coach at Clemson. ...that sure says alot about our program. We need someone else, someone who is a proven winner, can coach and can handle the pressure of playing in the ACC.

Great Article. Agree 100%***

Mar 15, 2017, 2:39 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Brownell needs to go and so does the person that gave him a

Mar 15, 2017, 2:57 PM

$3 million buyout for accomplishing absolutely nothing. Hell yes he's comfortable. I'd be comfortable too if I had his salary and no standards whatsoever required of me. I'd be comfortable and downright giddy. As a matter of fact, he's probably planning a very comfortable vacation to a beach somewhere right now.

Mar 15, 2017, 3:14 PM

Indeed Brad Brownell is a good guy, but in my humble opinion his coaching has fallen on deaf ears. The actions of his players is his responsibility such as lack of effort, poor shooting, poor free throws. I could be wrong but I haven't seen his recruits get progressively better. Blossongame is a perfect example, he has regressed. Not sure how he fits into the NBA.

Great article. I was there last night

Mar 15, 2017, 4:20 PM

It was fun at times in the first half when Clemson played with tons of energy and made shots. Then the second half came. Not only were we missing shots, but we also couldn't buy a foul from the refs. I don't see that kind of treatment against Duke or UNC or notredame bc they have traditions in basketball and their coaches stand up against it. Throw their jackets etc. Sometimes calls don't go your way, but to have so many in the second half go against you 50/50 and you miss shots. Perfect recipe for a blown 20 point lead. I've gone to so many games over Brownells tenure and I feel like we the fans who make those trips deserve an explanation from Brad and what he's going to do to change things. My opinion dismiss an assistant coach and bring in a young energetic guy who can recruit. Then ya land the #1 player Zion and Bam the atmosphere around bball goes right back up to the ribbon cutting ceremony !

Re: Great article. I was there last night

Mar 15, 2017, 4:26 PM

I'll bite. The only way that I could accept Drad keeping Brownell is that there are standards that Brownell must meet next year and he must change his staff and hire younger better recruiters. If he refused to do so ,he's fired.

Mar 15, 2017, 4:31 PM

That is the Drad way of dealing with stubborn coaches who are "comfortable" in their mediocrity. JackLegg was told to do the same and he refused. DRad axed him and his Hall of Fame creds. BB is a nice guy, but so was CTB and Hatfield. So was Shyatt. Being a nice guy is great....when you are winning.

BB is a lame duck,No recruit is coming unless you

Mar 15, 2017, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Great article. I was there last night ]

give him a 4 yr, extension & probably not then because of him being out coached every game like Jack Legget.Would you give him a n extension.I wouldn't

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Great article. I was there last night ]

The refs probably felt that if the team wasn't helping them selves, why should they help, just let the game keep moving along to get it over with!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ribbon cutting ceremony, LOL***

Mar 16, 2017, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Great article. I was there last night ]

Mar 15, 2017, 4:32 PM

David Hood seems like a thug. All he does is beat up on Clemson coaches when teams lose. He wrote up a nasty post about Dabo after the football team lost to Pitt. After Dabo wins the natty, he's back to brown nosing again.

Mar 15, 2017, 4:33 PM

This ###### troll hasnt been taken out yet?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Clemsonvegas, you are way out of line David Hood is in

Mar 15, 2017, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson hoops: Five-month change shows no one should be "comfortable" ]

No way a thug. David is the most dedicated Clemson man I know, I can't imagine where in the world you got this you must be a coot pure and simple. Please head back over to your forum.

David is the glue that holds the best and largest Clemson site together and he wants nothing but the best for the Clemson program and the Clemson fans. His reporting is based on facts, friendships with the coaches and staff of Clemson, the love of the players and what's best for them and the fans here that depend on him to give us the truth and the vibe from the Clemson program, David is the perfect example of a Clemson man.

You can bet David has a personal relationship with Brad and likes and cares very much for Brad. The majority of all of us respect and like Brad but the business of what's best for the program is separate from his friendship. If Brad was my dad I would tell him dad it's time to move on. I can bet you anything David writes about Brad isn't about his love for the man but what is best for Clemson university at this point.

You need to move on somewhere else bro(Clemsonvegas).

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Clemsonvegas, you are way out of line David Hood is in

Mar 15, 2017, 5:17 PM

Hoods article hit the nail on the head. The truth hurts.

Mar 15, 2017, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Clemsonvegas, you are way out of line David Hood is in ]

> No way a thug. David is the most dedicated Clemson
> man I know, I can't imagine where in the world you
> got this you must be a coot pure and simple. Please
> head back over to your forum.
>
> David is the glue that holds the best and largest
> Clemson site together and he wants nothing but the
> best for the Clemson program and the Clemson fans.
> His reporting is based on facts, friendships with the
> coaches and staff of Clemson, the love of the players
> and what's best for them and the fans here that
> depend on him to give us the truth and the vibe from
> the Clemson program, David is the perfect example of
> a Clemson man.
>
> You can bet David has a personal relationship with
> Brad and likes and cares very much for Brad. The
> majority of all of us respect and like Brad but the
> business of what's best for the program is separate
> from his friendship. If Brad was my dad I would tell
> him dad it's time to move on. I can bet you anything
> David writes about Brad isn't about his love for the
> man but what is best for Clemson university at this
> point.
>
> You need to move on somewhere else bro(Clemsonvegas).

Clemson losing some games in a sport isn't 'bad for Clemson'. It is a fricking game.

Hood views himself as a kingmaker. He has no coaching experience and he doesn't have any idea how to lure talented basketball players to Clemson.

What advantage does CLemson have in bball over other universities? Clemson has a big advantage in football such as warmer weather, large stadium, etc, but there are a lot more competitive programs in basketball, and more programs closer to the more populated areas of the country than Clemson is.

Mar 15, 2017, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Clemsonvegas, you are way out of line David Hood is in ]

> You can bet David has a personal relationship with
> Brad and likes and cares very much for Brad.

Hood is lobbying for Brownell to be fired. I'm sure BB feels the love.

His whole job seems to be to sit on the internet and criticize other people.

Mar 15, 2017, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Clemsonvegas, you are way out of line David Hood is in ]

if Hood is a Christian, he's a sorry witness for his religion. he worships the W-L record.

Mar 15, 2017, 5:43 PM

Time for th mods to take out the trash.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: Clemsonvegas, you are way out of line David Hood is in***

Mar 15, 2017, 5:44 PM

Mar 15, 2017, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemsonvegas, you are way out of line David Hood is in ]

they can criticize but can't handle any?

trash is people like you who act like a lynch mob when a sports team loses.

Mar 15, 2017, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemsonvegas, you are way out of line David Hood is in ]

I think if we could have a sincere conversation with coaches at Clemson, the worst part of the job is having to be polite to people like David Hood.

Mar 17, 2017, 7:59 AM

Brad is making millions to be a consistent loser that's why David Hood and most of the fans feel so hurt. The school we love is being robbed of millions of dollars, that's why we can love him and forgive him as a person but realize he is basically taking money(stealing) from our beloved university.

As you put it it's just a frickin game, but in reality you don't get paid millions for just a frickin game. YMCA basketball ?? is just a game but when you are paid to teach fundamentals and teamwork to the tune of multi-millions winning matters.

Brad hasn't performed, just like if you or I failed at our job we'd be fired, he should be too because not only is he taking our money he is hurting the Clemson basketball program we love and hurting ticket sells and killing our reputation and recruiting.

David is a pretty smart guy to say it like it is because he loves Clemson and wants us to be the best at everything. I can assure you he loves the players too and knows it matters to them if they win with a winning coach.

Because David or any of us have an opinion on a forum doesn't make us a thug it means we have an opinion that our beloved Clemson is not headed in the right direction in its basketball program for the money spent the last 7 years.

If we invested our money in stocks with a goal to make some money(go to the NCAA tournament some) and we were losing money it would be time to invest in another stock that paid off with results, many of us feel it's that time. Business isn't personal its business.

Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 16, 2017, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson hoops: Five-month change shows no one should be "comfortable" ]

Take a lap, dude.

Mar 15, 2017, 4:46 PM

I love Brad as a man and the job he has done keeping the program clean, keeping his players on track and staying out of trouble. I'm thankful he had a few years he over achieved in ACC play with the talent he had in my opinion but I'm disappointed in his practices and their reflection on play this year when he had the most talent.

It will be good for him to take the money and move on and it is time for our leaders to extend the budget and find us a new coach that has the best standard players, practices and teamwork in mind with discipline and love combined to put the best working team organism on the floor for our games. A team that will be selfless and give it's all to be the best they can be regardless if they don't make the NCAA or NIT we as fans will be assured they represent a Best as their standard and they will be working toward being consistent in team effort and being winners. Seeing a coach progress much like Dabo would mean so much. Their isn't a reason we can't be the best in basketball too. Our beloved Clemson and the best fans ever deserve it very much. I wish even if it's secretly we would include Dabo and Monte in the hiring process.

Tom Crean Quotes“One of the biggest keys to offense is eliminating the weakside help that allows defenders to stop penetration from the wing” – Tom Crean

“You’ve got to get a toughness and a level of basketball IQ that matchup because that’s what the best teams have” – Tom Crean

“Never let fundamentals and building skills take a backseat to game planning. Game plans win games. Fundamentals win championships” – Tom Crean

“Players that learn the value of hard work, commitment, teamwork, and sacrifice are the ones that make their teams great” – Tom Crean

“As a coach, I’m never going to do anything to embarrass you. As a player, you can never do anything to embarrass the program” – Tom Crean

“You must be unselfish and accept the role that helps the team the most” – Tom Crean

“Not talking on the floor is the least recognized form of selfishness but maybe the most dangerous to your team having success” – Tom Crean

Let’s Go Tigers!

Coaching Candidates

Mar 15, 2017, 4:56 PM

Okay ... if a coaching change happens who do we go after? Personally ... I like the coach at Wichita State.

Well said, Mr Hood***

Mar 15, 2017, 7:07 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All in all, it was pitiful

Mar 15, 2017, 7:17 PM

That close lose to UNC very early in Conference play set the tone for the rest of season. Choking in the last couple minutes of a game, is that player's lack of athletic ability or does it come down to coaching in crucial moments ? I am in the school of thought that we have players who possess the skills to win, but lacked the guidance on HOW to use those skills TO win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 8:13 PM

I'm sure that at least 80% of our fans hasn't been comfortable turning on the TV or walking into little John to see a Clemson Basketball game in fear that we would lose. So, if the people paying the bill to keep the Basketball program going hasn't been comfortable, why should Brad or any player feel comfortable. Somebody should fear losing their job, or losing their scholarship!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 10:36 PM

Very disappointed the Tigers did not win last night...if they had played the same way the second half as they did the first it would have been a blow away game. They appeared to have lost focus the second half of the game. Guys I just can't explain it away. Please play as a team. I know some of you may have felt you had to get the team going but you made bad decisions. Tigers I hope you get it figured out before the next season. Blossomgame should have gotten more touches the second half. Come on guys look at what went wrong and learn from it. Go Tigers!!!!

Mar 15, 2017, 10:39 PM

After last nights disaster, how comfortable are you Brownell? I hope Drad is very ticked and uncomfortable about your job performance.

Mar 16, 2017, 2:56 PM

I like Brad. He is a class act.

Mar 16, 2017, 3:02 PM

Class act but poor coach!

Mar 16, 2017, 2:56 PM

I like Brad. He is a class act.

Great article. Thank you, David***

Mar 16, 2017, 3:48 PM

We need Nick Nolte and a bag of money.***

Mar 17, 2017, 9:06 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive